Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Martin Montoya

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I have felt since the start of the season that he is a bit of a weak link. I like how he gets forward, but I keep noticing that whenever I swear at the tv and go to pull my hair out (only to find there isn't any there) it's usually at him.

He's not awful and could still improve with more experience in this league though (I hope).

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I was thinking the same thing.

Duffy and Montoya are so obviously targeted by opposition coaches. Last season and now WHU/Stains.

Whereas March and his LW partner are pretty solid.

March deserves a special mention today actually, he was pretty outstanding for me, one of his through balls to Trossard (I think?) was immense, and he had some very important defensive moments too.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
March deserves a special mention today actually, he was pretty outstanding for me, one of his through balls to Trossard (I think?) was immense, and he had some very important defensive moments too.

Definitely. He’s outstanding defensively, a nightmare for opponents attacking our left flank, Solly seems to appear everywhere snuffing out threats.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I was thinking the same thing.

Duffy and Montoya are so obviously targeted by opposition coaches. Last season and now WHU/Stains.

Whereas March and his LW partner are pretty solid.

I think you're a tad harsh on Montoya, but let's agree to disagree on that one...
... and speak about Solly today, who was outstanding. We were surprised that he went off today. The only explanation I can provide is that he'd put such a shift in, and the analytics were saying that his fitness levels were dropping. It also might be that Potter wanted to make attacking substitutions but, if that were the case, Solly looked comfortably our most dangerous player -- and I'm aware that Trossard was also on the pitch.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

That was a thing of beauty and menace. Also got a great goalline clearance from Adams. See also ^

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Pretty sure he got booked, and watching the replay it was the right decision. It wasn't a forearm 'smash', Montoya milked it. Good decision in my eyes.

I watched the replay as well as seeing it in front of me and he imho didn’t milk it ....and I think he got a yellow...we can agree on that

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here