Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Leics v albion u23 k.o 7pm

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
USG would seem ideal for a loan for Connolly to replace Tau who is out on loan.

A 20 year old Irish lad playing in Belgium, I reckon he would be lost over there. He has to stay in a English speaking side and lodgings/hotel

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
A 20 year old Irish lad playing in Belgium, I reckon he would be lost over there. He has to stay in a English speaking side and lodgings/hotel

There was a very interesting article in The Athletic the other day about Arsenal's "Blind Date" style selection process for clubs wishing to take one of their youngsters on loan. Leeds' presentation for Eddie Nketiah lasted one hour as they tried to persuade the Gunners they would be the best fit. I would hope Albion do something similar for clubs wanting to take Connolly (and others).

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Very good performance from the lads. There’s plenty to like about quite a few of them and I hope 1/2 make it into our first team

It was a very good performance. There was some excellent passing in the midfield, Sanders especially caught the eye. And we countered with pace and numbers. Enjoyed that.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Plenty of English youngsters in Germany seem to be doing alright. Language no more likely to be a problem in Belgium than in Germany, surely. Or are you suggesting that the Irish are less intelligent and therefore less likely to cope with languages?

Solid at the back

Sep 1, 2010
Glorious Shoreham by Sea
Plenty of English youngsters in Germany seem to be doing alright. Language no more likely to be a problem in Belgium than in Germany, surely. Or are you suggesting that the Irish are less intelligent and therefore less likely to cope with languages?

Only you would come up with something so ridiculous. Go to bed or even better; delete your NSC account and do us all a favour!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
It was a very good performance. There was some excellent passing in the midfield, Sanders especially caught the eye. And we countered with pace and numbers. Enjoyed that.

It was a good performance, and I enjoyed it too............... but is it just me, or was it still more Hughtonesque (the good part of that) than Potterish? We seemed to defend quite deep, especially at set pieces, and pass back a lot to keep possession - and I can't see how Connolly would ever have got himself into a Hughton team without doing a lot more defending!

Impressed by Cox every time I've seen him - another one ready for a loan?

Solid at the back

Sep 1, 2010
Glorious Shoreham by Sea
Geez! What a w@nkish response. Complete pr@t alert! F*kc off.

Your're just the sort of pr@t the ignore button was invented for.

Now f*kc off again.

You may of forgot that you put me on ignore when you tried to be smart and call me out on a typo only to make numerous typos in the response, and then sulked when I called them out.
You're an embarrassment, pal. Go to bed.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009

No, i'm saying that as a young lad coming to Brighton and living in with a club/host family must have been a big upheaval.
He has settled brilliantly, enjoys the comaraderie with his club mates who are in an Enlish speaking environment.
Sending him to a 2nd division Belgium club where English is not the native tongue, might not be the best idea, IMHO.
Especially when there are English clubs that would want him

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
No, i'm saying that as a young lad coming to Brighton and living in with a club/host family must have been a big upheaval.
He has settled brilliantly, enjoys the comaraderie with his club mates who are in an Enlish speaking environment.
Sending him to a 2nd division Belgium club where English is not the native tongue, might not be the best idea, IMHO.

It’s good point - Tau can’t speak French and he’s been a flop

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Fairy nuff - but I don't think it would necessarily be any more difficult for him than for any other youngster. We've got youngsters here from various places in Europe, where English is not the native tongue, and they seem to manage alright. Of course, many more foreigners (if you'll pardon the expression!) speak English than English people speak 'foreign'.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Fairy nuff - but I don't think it would necessarily be any more difficult for him than for any other youngster. We've got youngsters here from various places in Europe, where English is not the native tongue, and they seem to manage alright. Of course, many more foreigners (if you'll pardon the expression!) speak English than English people speak 'foreign'.

From watching the U23s on TV and live, Connolly looks like a Jack the lad that gels with everyone in the club.
Having to relocate to a new foreign country and try and form the same sort of relationships with new teamates when you dont speak the same language might be hard for a 20 year old.
Not as if he can bugger off down to Nandos at the Marina after training is it?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
From watching the U23s on TV and live, Connolly looks like a Jack the lad that gels with everyone in the club.
Having to relocate to a new foreign country and try and form the same sort of relationships with new teamates when you dont speak the same language might be hard for a 20 year old.
Not as if he can bugger off down to Nandos at the Marina after training is it?

Send him to Sunderland or 'Boro then!

.....or Scotland ...........

miffy6

Mar 7, 2009
Goals.

GOAL1.gif

GOAL2.gif

GOAL3.gif

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here