Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Watford vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
Actually , I only tagged [MENTION=267]TSB[/MENTION] who all season has been saying sacking Hughton will be a disaster. Potter achieved more already so **** off and enjoy your evening. I know I will! [emoji106]

Hughton saved Brighton from relegation, got Brighton promoted to the PL, kept Brighton in the PL for two seasons - Potter has won 1 game - yet, according to you he has 'achieved more already'. :facepalm:

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Decent first half - but Watford haven't looked anything like the team there were last season, they have been very sloppy.

I'm curious, are you just hanging about on here waiting for if/when something goes badly wrong so you can pass judgement on sacking the man you love so much?

90% of albion fans are not disrespecting CH, in fact we also love him for what he has done for us.

There is no need to continue to bleat on about how bad you think Watford were, most of us know it.

Having said that we are adapting extremely well to a new system and took them to task.

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
Neal Maupay interviewed by Sky Sports -

“The manager has come in and showed us his way he wants to play football. We as players are all 100% committed to his philosophy and 100% behind the manager.”

#together

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Watford vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Bit disappointed with Everton to be honest, can’t see them threatening the top 10 this season if they can’t brush off a second rate Palace side.

Other than that - splendid day!

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Thompson on Sky, slagging the game off.
Standard.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Yes. Because all summer we’ve had fans telling us sacking Hughton was a mistake.
We've also had plenty of fans saying that they thought it was the right decision. Even many of those who supported Chris accepted that we probably needed to change in order to progress.

Both PL seasons we’ve been at Watford away in August. Scored 0, Loss 0:

Potter new approach has meant not only have we scored 3, but also won.
Yes and it's fantastic, but it's no cause to start criticising a man who's one of our best ever managers.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Hughton saved Brighton from relegation, got Brighton promoted to the PL, kept Brighton in the PL for two seasons - Potter has won 1 game - yet, according to you he has 'achieved more already'. :facepalm:

Actually as a fan that travels to away games I’m just happy we did not shit out pans and come away with 0 points.

We got the balance right between attack and defence and came away with 3 points away at Watford. 3 more than Hughton managed in seasons, which is a FACT.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Early days, but blimey what a start! Well done boys.

Seagull kimchi

Oct 8, 2010
Korea and India
That's 3 very good points and 3 useful digits in the GD column. What a start!!!! We all know how hard it's been for us to do anything like that away from home these last 2 years. Wow! Not gonna get carried away, but..... Wow!

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
New manager, new tactics, new players... and a seroiusly positive result.
Well done, the Albion

Problem is, everything in football is overdetermined.
There are only two-and-a-half outcomes (win, lose, draw).
So there's always way more potential causes then there are effects.

Right now, it's BHA 3, Watford 0. Three points GD +3
Beyond that, no one really knows anything.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Beat West Sham and Southampton and we'll be fighting for top spot with city!

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Potter starts with a Hughtonesque line-up @ Watford, but what a transformation, sexy football is back @ the Amex...:albion2::rave::banana::clap::clap::clap::rock::ascarf::bowdown::bowdown::rave::rave::rave::rave::guns::guns::guns::goal::goal::goal::goal::goal::goal:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here