Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Locadia Today

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
KT tape. Usually used to and recovery from a pull/tear, or could be preventative based on previous injuries. Maybe he's had a hammy problem hence not seen anything of him in preseason (or he's shitehouse, obviously)

Sent from my H8314 using Tapatalk

Ah, thanks. Perhaps nervous post the Everton strain last season......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
It was the light blue strapping from his upper thigh down past his knee.

As someone else pointed out, both Ali and Andone seemed far to desperate to impress in the 10 minutes they were given.
That rarely ends well.

Andone did a couple of half decent tackles the only minor snaffoo being they were on players wearing stripes.

Yes Andone really buzzed about, and we are a different team with movement up front....

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Because posters like that seem to have already made up their minds and no amount of evidence to the contrary appears to be able to change that.

Having a manager like that would mean £30m would be shown the door having done very little in an incredible difficult season, on someone else's watch.

I'd imagine those that would be pleased would also be the first to chime in with 'well he couldn't do that for us', if the players found the form that bought them here in the first place.

But why stop there?

Propper couldn't string 2 passes together on his debut v City - cut loses and replace.
Ryan made one mistake against Madrid - cut loses and replace.
Gross is too slow - cut loses and replace.

Hope that’s not aimed at me....

Presumably you aren’t about to change your opinion on Murray (not that I necessarily disagree).

But, also picking up your points re Locadia and AJ, these are not one or two games, their ineffectiveness has been consistent.... So those posters that don’t rate them arguably are well justified in their view...... The whole ‘shitehouse’ thing though is utter nonsense.

Big few months for both.....

Just beginning to wonder whether AJ May want to get out prior to the end of the European window.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
I'm still not convinced, yes he is neat and tidy on the ball has a reasonable first touch and passes the ball ok but if he is to play up front we need more than that.
I'd love to eat humble pie and be proved wrong however I just can't see that much of a change in the player even with a new manager.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Hope that’s not aimed at me....

Presumably you aren’t about to change your opinion on Murray (not that I necessarily disagree).

But, also picking up your points re Locadia and AJ, these are not one or two games, their ineffectiveness has been consistent.... So those posters that don’t rate them arguably are well justified in their view...... The whole ‘shitehouse’ thing though is utter nonsense.

Big few months for both.....

Just beginning to wonder whether AJ May want to get out prior to the end of the European window.

I totally agree.

But there are posters who will forevermore bend over backwards to pick out minor mistake while refusing to even acknowledge any positive.

I find it hard to understand anyone completely dismissing Locadias first half performance, yet I don't have to go far to find such comments.

Still this all now feels very circular.

Roll on 3pm (till 3:45) in 7 days time.

I'm less confident about 4pm onwards. :lol:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I totally agree.

But there are posters who will forevermore bend over backwards to pick out minor mistake while refusing to even acknowledge any positive.

I find it hard to understand anyone completely dismissing Locadias first half performance, yet I don't have to go far to find such comments.

Still this all now feels very circular.

Roll on 3pm (till 3:45) in 7 days time.

I'm less confident about 4pm onwards. :lol:

Do you think Maupay might be purchased to replace him rather than Murray?

Perhaps Big Jurg’s future is as the Murray replacement.....

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Face it, if you need to spend nearly a hundred messageboard pages discussing whether a player is shit or not, then there is a strong chance that he's shit.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
You must have been because you’d have noticed we didn’t have any attacking intent in the second half of the season....

Fair point. But, then, so is the desperate need for a new striker...

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Keen? Yes, if player and price is right.
Desperate? No.

I would say we are very very keen. Like £40m keen.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Why's that? He's talking sense in my opinion.

If he was manager and culled Ali J and Locadia from the squad, cut losses and replaced them in the transfer window I'm sure many of us would have been pleased.

As it is, we're all depending on Potter to somehow extract some semblance of footballing ability out of either of them.

Seems to be working with Locadia to some extent and not so much with Ali J, but as we all know competitive PL matches are a far cry from pre-season friendlies and I remain deeply concerned about relying on either of them.

Are you just going to ignore the fact we are chasing two strikers!?

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Because posters like that seem to have already made up their minds and no amount of evidence to the contrary appears to be able to change that.

Having a manager like that would mean £30m would be shown the door having done very little in an incredible difficult season, on someone else's watch.

I'd imagine those that would be pleased would also be the first to chime in with 'well he couldn't do that for us', if the players found the form that bought them here in the first place.

But why stop there?

Propper couldn't string 2 passes together on his debut v City - cut loses and replace.
Ryan made one mistake against Madrid - cut loses and replace.
Gross is too slow - cut loses and replace.

Now you are just being silly and making things up...

Locadia was underwhelming again last night, sluggish reactions and sloppy lay-offs (part of his game usually always ok).

Just never any consistency with the guy, maddening

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Do you think Maupay might be purchased to replace him rather than Murray?

Perhaps Big Jurg’s future is as the Murray replacement.....

I hope he's not The Murray replacement, not much point with wingers putting in crosses then.
Not fit to lace Murray's boots IMO.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Opinion is divided, but I just don't see this alleged talent Locadia has. He just looks outclassed by everyone he comes up against. :shrug:

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Opinion is divided, but I just don't see this alleged talent Locadia has. He just looks outclassed by everyone he comes up against. :shrug:

The only comparison I can come up with is Jurgen is the poor man's Lukaku. He will score goals but not many people rate him. Locadia WILL score goals but will look half useless most of the time.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here