Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Adam Webster *** Signed on 4 year deal ***

SollysLeftFoot

Mar 17, 2019
Bitchin' in Hitchin
We need a striker for goodness sake not another centre back. How difficult can it be? How many more months do we need? The season starts in 2 weeks!!

Let's be absolutely for real here, Zebedee. We'll sign a striker and you will complain. You will moan and moan and moan. I have never ever seen anything positive from you.

In terms of how difficult can it be; You really don't watch football, do you?

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Let's be absolutely for real here, Zebedee. We'll sign a striker and you will complain. You will moan and moan and moan. I have never ever seen anything positive from you.

In terms of how difficult can it be; You really don't watch football, do you?

If, and it's a big if, we sign a decent quality striker, ideally with Premier League experience, I'll be happy and I'll be pleased to post something positive. But as usual, I doubt we'll be prepared to invest the money to buy one. After how last season ended, and the paucity of goals, it's shocking to think we're about to start the new season with just Murray, Locadia and Andone up front, especially as we've had nearly 3 months to address the issue.

Are you really happy with what we have to start the new campaign?

Last edited:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex

prefer a few in but these players have kept us up twice and judging by pre season it isn't going to be the same set up.

No reason to think that we cant stay up / push on a bit. Plus January window is an option if need be.

Depends if your a negative / positive person

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
If, and it's a big if, we sign a decent quality striker, ideally with Premier League experience, I'll be happy and I'll be pleased to post something positive. But as usual, I doubt we'll be prepared to invest the money to buy one. After how last season ended, and the paucity of goals, it's shocking to think we're about to start the new season with just Murray, Locadia and Andone up front, especially as we've had nearly 3 months to address the issue.

As has been already stated, the window is still open and the majority of the business happens in final throws for all the obvious reasons.
It's the same thing every year

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
The real views [MENTION=13309]maltaseagull[/MENTION]

QUOTE=maltaseagull;9009889]Ryan Good signing
Button back up untested
Steele back up untested
Schelotto iffy
Suttner not really given a chance. Been at the club long enough and failed to make an impression
Bernardo Good signing
Balogun Time will tell. Great start, ended up disappointing. Can see him being loaned out
Burn looks promising.
Clarke not sure why we signed him. I can. Only 22 and has raked up lots of appearances already. 5 million is peanuts. Could be quality in a couple of years time.
Propper Great signing
Bissouma Great signing
Izquierdo Good signing once fit. Great first season. To predictable though
Jahanbaksh Time will tell - could be a great signing or a load of tosh. To date a massive failure
Locadia Looking very promising based on pre season. Another expensive flop to date
Trossard looks a good signing. Really impressed with him in pre season. Looks the real ,deal
Andone once given a proper chance, who knows what he can do? Don't rate him. Away at Arsenal he really was poor. Sums up his ability

I disagree with you! :)

Just correcting a few flaws.[/QUOTE]

The use of the word flaws suggest you know more and that I am wrong (As you were about Ryan :)) You have an opinion as do I.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Is Webster a very good defender?

Is he a 20m defender?

I don't know what to make of this transfer and possible record fee!

SollysLeftFoot

Mar 17, 2019
Bitchin' in Hitchin

You really don’t watch football do you.

Core problem last season wasn’t necessarily scoring goals. It was creating chances. You can’t score goals when your striker is defending.

Your last question isn’t worth answering. It’s a straw man.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I cannot understand why we would pay £5m or thereabouts for Clarke then send him out on loan and then pay another £25m for Webster to be back up again unless it is is a done deal for Dunk to go to another club be it Leicester or Arsenal or whoever.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I cannot understand why we would pay £5m or thereabouts for Clarke then send him out on loan and then pay another £25m for Webster to be back up again unless it is is a done deal for Dunk to go to another club be it Leicester or Arsenal or whoever.

Because we will play a back three

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Well the new manager's tenure seems to be making his mark. Not sure if Dunk is pushing for a move or he is being pushed but personal view is that we will lose an awful lot of the spirit of the club if he goes and it splits up an incredible defensive pairing.

I do wonder though if there is more to this as both AK & Dunk were seen as part of the 'out of hours social club' seen around town and whether this might have been seen as a problem by some.

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
I think that we may in some games but not every game as the back 3 we had at Brum would get annihilated especially by the top 6 clubs.. If that is GP choice I would start Duffy Dunk and Bernardo.

It's funny isn't it. We play 1 game with a back 3 and everyone assumes that's our formation set in stone. Potter is known for mixing it up and changing formation to suit opponents. 343 will be one of the formations used. 4231 will be another.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
It's funny isn't it. We play 1 game with a back 3 and everyone assumes that's our formation set in stone. Potter is known for mixing it up and changing formation to suit opponents. 343 will be one of the formations used. 4231 will be another.

and not forgetting Potter has been known to change formations several times during matches

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

The problem wasn't - and isn't - the strikers. It was the lack of supply and support from midfield, not to mention the complete lack of goals from CM - and I mean complete lack. We have seen there are goals in Locadia and Andone, and Murray of course. They will, however, like all strikers, only score from a proportion of the chances they get. Given that last season the were given next to no scoring opportunities it is not surprising they didn't score many goals.
Potter's style may improve the scoring chances they will get, but an absolute beast of a CM would improve things even more - far more than spending a fortune on another striker who will get no more scoring opportunities than our present strike force.
Not that I would object to a nice new shiny 20 goal a season striker mind - just not our main priority.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Well the new manager's tenure seems to be making his mark. Not sure if Dunk is pushing for a move or he is being pushed but personal view is that we will lose an awful lot of the spirit of the club if he goes and it splits up an incredible defensive pairing.

A huge chunk of it huh? Especially on the field where we'll be left with very little apparent heart on the pitch.
I guess this is big boy football.
Really hoping Dunk stays and the Webster signing is simply because they overestimated Clarke.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here