Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
It could be that those two are the answer to any remaining midfield gaps, and the cash goes on a striker and competition for Montoya at right back. However, last season our center midfield seemed week and never controlled games, so its maybe foolish to rely on the same plus youngsters for the coming season.

Bring the youngsters through, yes please -but we really need that experienced CM who can dominate games (and chip in with a few goals) to support and mentor them as they came through. Will cost a lot, but our top prority, IMHO.

Oh, and by the way, Alzate is an excellent young CM, but he is not naturally an ACM.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Bring the youngsters through, yes please -but we really need that experienced CM who can dominate games (and chip in with a few goals) to support and mentor them as they came through. Will cost a lot, but our top prority, IMHO.

Oh, and by the way, Alzate is an excellent young CM, but he is not naturally an ACM.

Can't disagree with that. An imposing CM who can break up play and manage a forward pass without giving away possession would make a significant difference. Not knocking anyone but we always seemed to be one player light in midfield last season and put ourselves under too much pressure too often.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton

Exactly this, it is the position we need some additional quality in the most.

I know I’m probably alone but I’m not that bothered about a striker, I have faith in what we have already, and would rather the money was invested in better quality behind them.

We’ll probably be playing 1 man up front for most of the time and I fully believe Andone is the man. I think he’s quality and with a good run as first choice, which he hasn’t had yet, he’ll show that. Back up from Murray, Locadia and possibly Connolly and we’re sorted there IMO.

I would spend whatever budget we have on the midfielder and save a bit for a young right back as back up for Montoya and I think we’ve got a good, competitive squad.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Can't disagree with that. An imposing CM who can break up play and manage a forward pass without giving away possession would make a significant difference. Not knocking anyone but we always seemed to be one player light in midfield last season and put ourselves under too much pressure too often.

It seems to me Hayden and Camarasa are both available and if we sell Knockaert for £15mill then the deal would be cash-neutral.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
I know we have loads of time but I'd really have liked to get a proper striker in by now to replace Glenn.

Know where you're coming from but the mind boggles how much it'll cost to find a 29 goals in 2 PL seasons striker who's great in the air, hard, able to win countless fouls and with fab feet (for a big man). He really is (and has been) an amazing footballer for this club.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
I would love us to go for Joelinton at Hoffeinham, a big young striker who would be the perfect replacement for Murray. Only problem is that his clause is £36m, so I guess that rules him out!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

We have that already in Popper and Stephens why waste money on more? We would be better off adding one to those two to help them out and it seems like Alzate is the man being groomed for that role. So all resources towards a striker or RB.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
We have that already in Popper and Stephens why waste money on more? We would be better off adding one to those two to help them out and it seems like Alzate is the man being groomed for that role. So all resources towards a striker or RB.

OMG I (almost) agree with BG! ;-)

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
Sometimes the answers are from within and not just going out and buying new players.

Evolution not revolution

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Why? Because all last season most of the time we were overrun in midfield, and our midfield provided pitifully few chances for our strikers and rarely got up into the danger zone to help them. You wouldn't get many goals from Aguero with the sort of help our midfield were providing last season. CM is our overwhelming priority.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here