Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Graham Potter joins on four-year deal

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
What if he wins 3 out of our first 23, is that a hypothetical disaster?

What if we lost the first 8 games under CH, would that be because we wrongly chose not to appoint Potter?

In all honesty I wanted Hughton here after Hyypia but had doubts when we were still poor until the end of the season. I then gave Hughton 10 games of the next season to actually judge him and he passed with flying colours.

Hypothetically I will start worrying about Potter if we haven't got to double figures by the start of December.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
I just cant see Professor Potter and his brand of ‘thinking mans’ soccer really striking a chord with Duffy and Stephens (aka the booze brothers) can you? It’ll be like CP30 trying to manage the ****ing Crazy Gang. Gulp.

Right shoes, wrong feet.

Yes, I rather like that.

We’ll be gone by November.

The same was said when Arsene Wenger took over at Arsenal.

I'm not sure if Potter is in Wenger's league, but I'm hopeful.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
In all honesty I wanted Hughton here after Hyypia but had doubts when we were still poor until the end of the season. I then gave Hughton 10 games of the next season to actually judge him and he passed with flying colours.

Hypothetically I will start worrying about Potter if we haven't got to double figures by the start of December.

Big difference is that Hughton has previously showed that he can manage in the PL and gain points.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Sorry for being lazy, as im sure the answer is on page 1, somewhere.

What should we expect from a Potter lead Albion?

Formation, tac-tics, which players are likely to be a shoe in (Stephens was always going to be championed by CH) that sort of stuff.

D

Deleted member 22389

I wasn't feeling very positive going in to next season with CH, but we know he had experience. I'm feeling even less positive with talk of this new guy, it's one hell of a risk, who knows.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak

Formation, tac-tics, which players are likely to be a shoe in (Stephens was always going to be championed by CH) that sort of stuff.

He’s been playing a 4-2-3-1 formation at Swansea this season so expect more of the same

D

Deleted member 2719

It’s a difficult job to keep a club in this league and we will always been in the group that could go down.

Well, some people speak with "forked tongue" you are speaking with the Hughton tongue.

Fill up that glass Steve.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003

Poyetesque possession and keep ball from the back
Loads of triangles
Quick vertical direct play when required to counter pressing
OppositeofPoyetesque ability to switch to a plan b if it ain't working
More shots

No clue about players

Sent from my STF-L09 using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He’s been playing a 4-2-3-1 formation at Swansea this season so expect more of the same

So is that 'big lad up top', 2 out and out touchline hugging wingers and essentially a 6 man defence?

Or something a little more fluid, total footbally!?!!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Well I think anyone’s cup would be half empty with a name like Potter linked as the favourite for the job.
It’s all about ambition and showing it.

That's why from now on he should be referred to as:-

Pőttĕr = Flair.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
No clear plan other than having an exciting young manager already lined up you mean?

I’m sorry but Potter is not an exciting prospect, steady at best a failure in waiting at worst. In other words, no where near as proven and/or likely to keep us up or indeed bring us back up as CH.

Pointless (potential) appointment in the progressive or exciting stakes.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Seems we are all as divided as we have been for the last 3 months. The Hughton outs are pleased the Hughton Ins are gutted

L’il old Brighton now seen as villains in the media too

I think we may have lost some goodwill outside of Brighton but do you know what **** em.

It is going to interesting and glorious or interesting and disastrous, but at least it’s going to be interesting...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I’m sorry but Potter is not an exciting prospect, steady at best a failure in waiting at worst. In other words, no where near as proven and/or likely to keep us up or indeed bring us back up as CH.

Pointless (potential) appointment in the progressive or exciting stakes.

You had us as going down anyway if CH stayed didn’t you? Surprised to see you so anti change Kosh

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Seems we are all as divided as we have been for the last 3 months. The Hughton outs are pleased the Hughton Ins are gutted

L’il old Brighton now seen as villains in the media too

I think we may have lost some goodwill outside of Brighton but do you know what **** em.

It is going to interesting and glorious or interesting and disastrous, but at least it’s going to be interesting...

We've been losing goodwill all season.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
And here’s a link talking about Swansea’s season

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/talking-tactics-season-review-0

Thanks.

It'll be interesting to see if he can make 'possession based football' work in the Premier League.
Those that bought into Mr Hughton's philosophy, till the bitter end, will be extremely surprised if he can pull it off.

I guess it'll also mean McBurnie will leapfrog Mitrovic as favourite to replace Muzzy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here