Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
If May's deal doesn't get through the PM needs to step up and explain exactly what No Deal means, before people get carried away thinking it's actually a ****ing option.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Never got asked what the EEC was or that other stuff. More lies, slander and fake news from you.

Oh Plooks, you really need to remember what you've posted previously. When I posted the 1975 referendum question you asked what the 'European Economic Community' refered to. Equally your answer to Article 50 rules stating the EU wouldn't discuss anything until A50 was triggered was that we should have created our plans and asked the EU to look at them in 'their time off' and give us the nod if they were OK. Finally you really did suggest a global FoM.

I haven't slandered you as I've never spoken to you.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Very interesting discussion on Radio 4 the other evening, A legal expert, who happened to be a Remain supporter was concerned that if there were to be a vote on May’s appeasement legally Remain could not be an option as the Government are legally bound to deliver Leave.
Leave under Theresa the appeasers terms or WTO was His considered opinion on the two options on any potential referendum.
On our way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

On what basis?

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Is that what WILL happen with WTO ?
Project fear season 2.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Screen-Shot-2018-12-01-at-12.51.48.png

Ten myths from the ‘no-deal’ Project Fear

https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2018/12/ten-myths-from-the-no-deal-project-fear/

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Very interesting discussion on Radio 4 the other evening, A legal expert, who happened to be a Remain supporter was concerned that if there were to be a vote on May’s appeasement legally Remain could not be an option as the Government are legally bound to deliver Leave.
Leave under Theresa the appeasers terms or WTO was His considered opinion on the two options on any potential referendum.
On our way.
You'll believe any old shite won't you? There is absolutely no way the government is "legally bound" to deliver Brexit.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
If it got to a second vote, the Remain campaign will need to step up, because there is still a level of ignorance around. Cameron failed when he was PM especially with his leaflets.

Agree a lot of ignorance, not necessarily from stupidity but most people have switched off and haven't a clue what's going on.

A lot of the public think May's deal is good for the country as it end uncertainty and draw a line under things, it will for a few months but then a new sh1t storm will start over trade, and any negotiation strength we had has been signed away

This is the end of the beginning of Brexit, if you've had enough of Brexit think again....

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
You'll believe any old shite won't you? There is absolutely no way the government is "legally bound" to deliver Brexit.
[MENTION=35289]Baker lite[/MENTION] is not alone, there are a few brexiteers on here that have a weak understanding of the sovereignty of Parliament

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

So when did you change your mind ? 18 Months ago, you thought that the UK and EU wouldn't be ready in time for a 'no deal' and that emergency measures would be required keeping us in the EU.

Once again you seem to be assuming because the UK or the EU wouldn't be ready it couldn't possibly happen. Hypothetically speaking I would expect Emergency measures continuing the current arrangments with a transition period until both sides can adjust to the new reality.

That's some turnaround. When we had 21 months to do it, you thought it couldn't be done, but now we have 4 months and with no further preparations you think it can :facepalm:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
[MENTION=35289]Baker lite[/MENTION] is not alone, there are a few brexiteers on here that have a weak understanding of the sovereignty of Parliament

Its the version of sovereignty peddled over the last 3 decades by like of Murdoch, Dacre and Desmond, it is sovereign but only when it suits.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
So when did you change your mind ? 18 Months ago, you thought that the UK and EU wouldn't be ready in time for a 'no deal' and that emergency measures would be required keeping us in the EU.

That's some turnaround. When we had 21 months to do it, you thought it couldn't be done, but now we have 4 months and with no further preparations you think it can :facepalm:

Changed my mind? That article was questioning the claims made about a no deal scenario it has no bearing on my view that both sides clearly won't be ready which is why emergency measures would be needed. No matter how many times you try to misrepresent/misinterpret my view it's clearly the case we wouldn't be in the EU (legally or practically). :rolleyes:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The 'Take Back Control' lie. The UK had a major say in EU laws but don't like it when the EU insists on keeping those laws. Cries of 'you're bullying us'.

[tweet]1069531376339353601[/tweet]

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
It has been found that many of the public think No Deal means it's all called off and remain in the EU. There needs to be a concerted campaign if we get another vote.

Where did they find it?Down the back of your sofa?

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Changed my mind? That article was questioning the claims made about a no deal scenario it has no bearing on my view that both sides clearly won't be ready which is why emergency measures would be needed. No matter how many times you try to misrepresent/misinterpret my view it's clearly the case we wouldn't be in the EU (legally or practically). :rolleyes:

It seems to be stalking a few posters.Getting stranger the closer we get to a No Deal Brexit.On our way!

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
The 'Take Back Control' lie. The UK had a major say in EU laws but don't like it when the EU insists on keeping those laws. Cries of 'you're bullying us'.

[tweet]1069531376339353601[/tweet]

Glad our service-people won't have to rely on Galileo.It will never work properly.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
For our 'no deal' supporters, I have some information on how our negotiations are going that you mind find interesting. (I know a lot of you don't like details so I've tried to summarise it simply).

We are now starting to get feedback from the WTO schedules and quotas that Britain submitted 3 months ago.

We basically said that we wanted to continue with the same percentage quotas that we had under the EU. But the UK’s trading partners rightly complain that this simple split is not good enough. For example, if another country’s beef exports enter the UK to be processed, then move into the EU, under the new regime they will face two sets of quotas – instead of one, as happens now because we are EU members. In addition, other countries want the UK to open up to more trade to compensate for the loss of privileged access to the EU’s market.

The US and several other countries – including Australia, Canada, New Zealand, Argentina, Brazil, Paraguay and Uruguay – have objected. Then last month, Russia blocked the proposal entirely. There can be no progress until Moscow’s complaint is resolved.

So it's onto the Appellate Body (the body which judges WTO disputes).

However, this body consists of seven judges who serve four-year terms. It requires a minimum of three judges, and judges may 'opt out' if they face a conflict of interest – such as their own government being involved.

Since 2017, Donald Trump has refused to agree to any new judges. So there are now only three left: the terms of two expire in December 2019, the other in November 2020. If the UK goes 'no deal' next March, then we might not have any WTO protection against cases involving the US, India or China – the nationalities of the remaining judges. And in 2020, all appeals will cease and we have to accept the WTO’s initial ruling.

Taking back control, eh :rolleyes:

What do you think we should do ? (Guaranteed not one sensible answer or any attempt from any 'No deal' poster on account that none of them knows what 'no deal' means).

Last edited:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

Your exact words

Hypothetically speaking I would expect Emergency measures continuing the current arrangements with a transition period until both sides can adjust to the new reality

The current arrangements being that we are members of the EU. What have I misinterpreted :shrug:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Screen-Shot-2018-12-01-at-12.51.48.png

Possibly something to do with the £ being worth 1.30 euro on the 22nd June 2016 as against 1.12 today which has made our exports so much cheaper for our buyers. Brexit dividend for exporters eh? Shame about the hit our imports have taken????

The public have in many cases been sheltered from higher import costs with retailers taking the hit with disasterous consequences. But apparently its all worth it, cheaper shoes and clothing on the way, but Moggy says it will all be worth it in 50 years...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here