but I'm determined to make it work

UTA

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
- - - - - - - - - - - - - Ryan - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - Duffy - - - Balogen - - - Dunk - - -
Schelotto - - Bissouma- Propper - - Bernardo
- - - March - - - -Andone - - - Izquierdo - -

so our top scorer for last 2 years is redundant and replaced by a player who has not looked like scoring in his most recent games.....

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
My take too, his tactics had been worked out by every Premier League manager, and he only had plan A to work with. Even the players weren’t convinced in the end apparently and there lies a big problem.

You can quote years to me if you like

But if you want the team to lose you ARE NOT a Brighton fan.

You can dress it up if you like with “Sacking Hughton was a disgrace” or something like that but anyone who wants the manager who hasn’t even started yet to fail and the team to lose isn’t a fan.

You're surprised by this attitude. The constant desire for newcomers to this club to fail seems ridiculous to me. I support the club whatever that may bring.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
I hope I'm proven wrong, but this doesn't seem wise to me. A championship manager with a championship side..Is TB planing on spending millions to rectify the gaping holes in the squad? Or is there still some strange belief somewhere this squad is premiership quality...

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
- - - - - - - - - - - - - Ryan - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - Duffy - - - Balogen - - - Dunk - - -
Schelotto - - Bissouma- Propper - - Bernardo
- - - March - - - -Andone - - - Izquierdo - -

Personally wouldn't let Balogan or Schelotto anywhere near a PL side but the rest of that team excites me and that's without the new signing's that will inevitably follow over the summer

larus

It's a great appointment for you. The Golden Era in B&HA's history began today.
I wrote on here some years ago, when Poyet was still with you, that I feared you would become a bigger club than us in a few years. Nobody on here agreed with me, they couldn't see a day when B&HA would be bigger than big club Sunderland. The building of The AMEX and your promotion to (and survival in for two seasons) the top-flight helped begin the growth. I believe the appointment of Potter will enable you to take the next step, not just survival but becoming an established Premier League club.
Brighton and Hove is/are growing and so is your football club. Sunderland is shrinking as a place and our club, despite the passionate support, will find it increasingly difficult to compete; particularly if we're stuck in League One a further season.
I wish it wasn't true but you are part of the future, we are part of the past. Congratulations and well done Mr Bloom.

I think the problem is some fans (not all by any means) have the opinion we should now be entitled to be in the PL. Well, that’s BS. We’ve had 6 seasons in our history at this level to date. I’m not saying we can’t change that and become a long(ish) term team of the PL, but the reality is that is unlikely. However, we do appear to be going about things in a professional way - the training ground, decent recruitment of managers and players (i.e. not blindly thinking that journeymen are the solution).

Sunderland will bounce back. It may not happen straight away, but you are too big a club to be in league 1.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I know people will say its all about negotiations but the fact that Potter has not said yes leaves me to think that something is amiss. If he does not want to join a poor PL team over a mediocre Championship team then maybe he shouldn't be our first choice.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patreon
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
It's a great appointment for you. The Golden Era in B&HA's history began today.
I wrote on here some years ago, when Poyet was still with you, that I feared you would become a bigger club than us in a few years. Nobody on here agreed with me, they couldn't see a day when B&HA would be bigger than big club Sunderland. The building of The AMEX and your promotion to (and survival in for two seasons) the top-flight helped begin the growth. I believe the appointment of Potter will enable you to take the next step, not just survival but becoming an established Premier League club.
Brighton and Hove is/are growing and so is your football club. Sunderland is shrinking as a place and our club, despite the passionate support, will find it increasingly difficult to compete; particularly if we're stuck in League One a further season.
I wish it wasn't true but you are part of the future, we are part of the past. Congratulations and well done Mr Bloom.

Is there a way Luton can be demoted and both Sunderland and Charlton go up? :(

Kenilworth Road being a sh1thole?

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Been reading some potter articles and watching interviews .
No guarantee it will work out of course but he is an interesting and impressive person.
He is self assured, a natural leader and has a football philosophy

That's the spirit. Normally you are quite negative Looking forward to the transfer window now

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Hughton certain relegation next season with turgid defensive football .

Potter is a gamble but less than keeping Hughton

I think Hughton could have evolved with better recruitments next season, like he turned round a league 1 relegation team.

Anyway you got your wish, the new messiah is here. Don't turn on him too quickly if things don't go well straight away.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Is he coming as assistant manager or is Hughton moving 'up stairs'?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here