Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] POLL TIME - Danny Baker’s tweet

Was Danny Baker’s Royal Baby tweet KNOWINGLY racist?

• YES - You stupid prat, of course it was. He knew what he was inferring.

Votes: 97 29.7%
  • NO - You utter melt, the intent wasn’t racism.

Votes: 230 70.3%

• Total voters

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Absolutely correct , he's also claiming he didn't realise Meghan Markle was mixed race, really?

I had forgotten till I saw this thread. But I don’t go looking to be offended unlike those wanting to look a bit better/trendier than others.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
As DB has already said/tweeted, he was unaware of the mixed race status. But that won’t suit your mock lndignation will it?

In his position, he should be aware that she was mixed race and the implications of his tweet; he’s probably on a King’s ransom at the Beeb, with money comes responsibility.

Added to his slanderous posts about our club and fans, I’m really pleased that this particular dinosaur has been culled.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

Oh right. Well, as much as you’d like to dictate people’s emotions, if someone is offended by all this nonsense you’re just going to have to learn to live with it I’m afraid. People are all different.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I thought he said he didn't even think about it when posting the image, which is actually a lot more believable than saying he was unaware.

That what I thought. So it is not correct to say he was unaware of the mixed race element. I thought so. I do wish people would get their facts straight before posting drivel.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Oh right. Well, as much as you’d like to dictate people’s emotions, if someone is offended by all this nonsense you’re just going to have to learn to live with it I’m afraid. People are all different.

About time you learned to live with Ppf then.His mob-lynching for alleged racism was 10 years ago.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Somewhat surprised by the poll result.

The picture equates the birth of a mixed race baby with a chimp. How can that not be racist? What's the difference between that and monkey chants or the throwing of bananas at black players?

Now I'm no royalist, far from it. When HM goes I'd gladly be shot of the lot of them. But when he posted a picture of a chimp and quite obviously linked it to the birth of a baby of mixed race heritage it couldn't be anything but racist.

Well, it clearly has in the minds of some.

But actually it equates the birth of a royal baby and the media circus ( clue ), with the showing off of circus animals.

Never mind, lets hang Danny Baker from the highest yardarm.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
About time you learned to live with Ppf then.His mob-lynching for alleged racism was 10 years ago.

I will never learn to live with racism. Get used to it.
As for the time span, irrelevant. You’ve been on here the thick end of a decade and you’ve not stopped being a wally from day one.
NB try and keep to the relevant subject and thread. It’s not a good look to follow people around the board picking fights.

Last edited:

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
In his position, he should be aware that she was mixed race and the implications of his tweet; he’s probably on a King’s ransom at the Beeb, with money comes responsibility.

Added to his slanderous posts about our club and fans, I’m really pleased that this particular dinosaur has been culled.

Again, just a reminder that this dinosaur played a noteworthy role in ensuring we have a club at all. I have no problem if subsequently he has a gentle ribbing against us. All part of the fun.

McTavish

Nov 5, 2014
That what I thought. So it is not correct to say he was unaware of the mixed race element. I thought so. I do wish people would get their facts straight before posting drivel.

He has said that he didn't even know which royal had given birth so, yes, he has effectively said that he was unaware that the baby was of mixed heritage.

'I didn't know which of our royal princesses had given birth. Otherwise you'd got to be thinking I'd been secretly waiting to make this grotesque joke. There's no truth to it.

'I've been doing a thing on the radio for years of famous people dressed as monkeys with fairground music.

'My go-to photo when any posh people have a baby is this absurd chimpanzee in a top hat leaving the hospital.

'Had it not been Meghan - perfectly good joke. I was trying to make a point about class and it's just preposterous.'

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
He has said that he didn't even know which royal had given birth so, yes, he has effectively said that he was unaware that the baby was of mixed heritage.

I'd have to look at the tweets myself , which I won't bother to do so I'll never know. Or care. Storm in a teacup, should never have come to a sacking.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

Just like you will have to learn that just because you sent an email the recipient does not have to reply. Shit happens huh?

McTavish

Nov 5, 2014
I'd have to look at the tweets myself , which I won't bother to do so I'll never know. Or care. Storm in a teacup, should never have come to a sacking.

And I think it never would have if his apologies had been a bit more sincere. I think it is less the mistake and more the fact that he didn't seem to accept that he had genuinely upset some people and dismissed the criticism of him to a certain extent eg "my turn in the barrel". Sure, there is an element the Twitter mob but there are also some people genuinely shocked, partly because there is an undercurrent of racism in much of the comment about the mother.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
He’s a broadcasting legend. BBCs loss, will be someone else’s gain.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I think you have got yourself a bit confused. This is a thread about Danny Baker.

And people who are constantly offended and deem what he tweeted as worthy of criticism, that equals you.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
I'm a fan, but recently he has certainly plateaued. His phone-ins are still OK but he has become rather smug and more me,me in chats with listeners.

Despite his continued cynicism about the industry, he is increasingly happy to 'cash-in'. Shows which generally regurgitate his excellent books, as do his Lineker podcasts. Certainly running out of stories, but even managed to squeeze out a one off show with Lineker AND writing a book with ole jug ears.

Maybe time for fresh blood.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here