Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Who is the WORST football pundit out there currently?

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
Granted I don't have much experience with him but surely Rio Ferdinand has to be a contender after calling for Rafa Benitez to spend his own money on signings.

A dreadful apologist for Ashley.

PS - I quite like Chris Sutton!

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I like Liam Rosenior, but I wish he'd find an alternative to "outstanding" to describe something he strongly approves of.

Every week, Norwich are "outstanding". Che Adams is "outstanding". Bielsa's man-management "outstanding". Billy Sharp's finishing "outstanding". Rotherham's team spirit is "outstanding".

Please, Albion. Buy the man a thesaurus.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
I’m still enjoying his mutely laugh, sure it’ll wear off but for now I quite like Chris Sutton. There are many worse. Lineker has become insufferabley smug of late, footballs equivalent of Peter Jones

Um... Peter Jones was probably the greatest of all football commentators - on radio or TV.

Not content with his famed 'And Smith Must Score', his fine, intelligent lilt made him an easy listen, even if your team was being beaten out of sight. His closing eulogy at the end of the day at Hillsborough is probably one of the finest pieces of sports comment on radio ever.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Um... Peter Jones was probably the greatest of all football commentators - on radio or TV.

Not content with his famed 'And Smith Must Score', his fine, intelligent lilt made him an easy listen, even if your team was being beaten out of sight. His closing eulogy at the end of the day at Hillsborough is probably one of the finest pieces of sports comment on radio ever.

He isn't talking about the same Peter Jones.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

Not THAT Peter Jones! The one Harry Enfield does so well from Dragons Den :)

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Peter Jones was the best. Even as a nipper, I loved his immense commentaries on Radio 2 of internationals, European Cup and domestic games. His passion came through, without the pathetic shouting, or fill you the silence crap, you hear today.

batch_91

Jul 14, 2012
Sheffield/Portslade
There is a fella that co-commentates for Sky Sports and quite often ends up on a lot of the Albion games for BEIN Sports and the other dodgy streams.

No idea what his name is but every time I hear his voice I know that utter dross is going to spill out sooner rather than later.

...and Chris Sutton.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
That perma - tanned tosser Warren Barton. Had to put up with his embarrassing cliches and lack of anything resembling a basic knowledge of football when Fox Sports won the rights to screen the 2018 World Cup in the States. In fact their whole commentary team was a shambles compared to ESPN's coverage in 2014.

On the flip side gotta say that Rebecca Lowe is doing a fine job as the anchor for NBC Sports coverage of the Premiership

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
NSC should be ashamed of itself. Grown men, some with families, others with respected jobs who many take influence on, and yet, there's a thread bitching and slagging off professional football commentators without a single mention of Martin Keown!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here