Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Knockaert

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
Spot on. Could have cost us two points today on another day. Just pass the ball for **** sake!! It would have been all wrapped up if he’d just have been unselfish enough to square it. I’d drop him again next game for that, and make sure he understood why. He should have come on earlier though, we were crying out for him.

I felt our first half performance was crying for him to be on the pitch. He’s started the season so well and I fear that CH has knocked the stuffing out of him a bit by surprisingly dropping him.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Why March retains his place in the starting line up is totally beyond me. He's adding nothing to the side in the number 10 position and it's a slap in the faces of Locadia, Andone and Knockaert (sort of, he's not a number 10 either).

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
‘Incredibly poor’ ??

****ing hell.

Just my opinion! Second half I had a perfect view of his play. Out of position, not many intelligent runs and did little going forward. Completely mistimed his jump when he received a long range pass (maybe I’m being harsh, been accustomed to Bruno plucking them out of the air) and fluffed a chance when inside the box. Want some statistics? https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1...ue-2018-2019-Brighton-Wolverhampton-Wanderers

Dispossessed too many times, won 0 aerials and only had a 70% pass accuracy (poor for a midfielder!).

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
LOve Knockers don't get me wrong but him doing this irritates me, it was a massive result and team performance and he's more bothered by his own performance(I'm assuming that's the reason he was pissed as he wasted 2 very good break chances) than being happy we won, doesnt sit all that well with me.

But he loves a strop, just have to accept he is that type, always has been.

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
Why March retains his place in the starting line up is totally beyond me. He's adding nothing to the side in the number 10 position and it's a slap in the faces of Locadia, Andone and Knockaert (sort of, he's not a number 10 either).

Can’t agree more, we’ve been carrying March all season and I genuinely feel that we’re playing each game with 10 men.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Just my opinion! Second half I had a perfect view of his play. Out of position, not many intelligent runs and did little going forward. Completely mistimed his jump when he received a long range pass (maybe I’m being harsh, been accustomed to Bruno plucking them out of the air) and fluffed a chance when inside the box. Want some statistics? https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1...ue-2018-2019-Brighton-Wolverhampton-Wanderers

Dispossessed too many times, won 0 aerials and only had a 70% pass accuracy (poor for a midfielder!).

Yes, but ‘incredibly poor’. Bollocks.

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
Harsh on Dunk and Duffy!

I agree though! Knockaert has been suburb thus far and greatly improved on last season’s dip in form. Stropping isn’t a new Knocky feature either, we’ve seen it plenty of times. Why though? I think he was frustrated with himself for missing a chance late on.
Jahanbakhsh must’ve had an amazing week in training to stay on the pitch that long! Thought Ali was incredibly poor. I hope Knockaert starts at Everton on the right instead. March’s role as No.10 isn’t secure too. Maybe try Knockaert there if Ali continues to start on the wing?

suburb ??

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
A cameo performance showing why he is currently warming the bench

This! Continues to be the enigma that can delight you and infuriate you in equal measure. It was arguable that the WWE style challenge was a necessary ' take one for the team ' situation. However, failing to release the ball on that break at the end was criminal and I suspect a teammate and/or someone on the bench let him know hence the flounce down the tunnel. Would it be too much to ask him to celebrate a really tough hard fought win?

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017

Have to agree really. I really can't see how/why he has suddenly adopted the number 10 role. He seems, bizarrely to me, undroppable at the moment

J2 DOG

Feb 28, 2009
Hove
March has obvious talent,he lacks desire and passion! if you cant find it for your hometown club in the Premiership then its not going to happen!

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
March has obvious talent,he lacks desire and passion! if you cant find it for your hometown club in the Premiership then its not going to happen!

Not convinced he lacks desire and passion. Personally I think his game is all about confidence. I think there's a lack of self belief that hamstrings him badly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here