Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Would You Start Knockaert Tomorrow?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
To be fair though, l think there is a big difference in the way that Knockaert obtained his red cards though, both were for terrible challenges, and the last one was akin to assault and could have easily ended the Bounemouth defvender's career.
Made all the odder as he was on the receiving end of a 'potential career-ender' at Watford.

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
Its all about risk , do you risk Knocky getting stroppy , do you risk Knocky not turning in a performance as has happened so many times in the last two seasons.

Its a balance between the risk Knocky doing something outstanding & winning the game V the risk he does something stupid & loses us the game.

Is there anyone who will do a better job ..... so many if's & maybe's but for me personally I would stick with Ali J on the right & either Wizzy Izzy or March on the left.

If Knockys mind is correct & only CH can judge that then a place on the bench at best would be my choice.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
The FA have punished him for that challenge.
Do you want to increase the chances of relegation to prove a point to an individual player?

I didn't say that at all, I want knocky to start today. My comment had nothing to do with ak, our position in the league, brighton, or the fa. I just disagree that anyone should always play the best starting 11 irrespective of discipline.

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
I didn't say that at all, I want knocky to start today. My comment had nothing to do with ak, our position in the league, brighton, or the fa. I just disagree that anyone should always play the best starting 11 irrespective of discipline.

You mentioned a career ending challenge so I assumed.
As a fan I'm annoyed travelling to an away game to watch our team play without our best player because they were naughty on the coach and been dropped for disciplinary reasons. Manage it differently.
Always play your strongest team!

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Sorry, can’t say I understand your post. Are you saying definitely play him, but we’ll go down anyway?

As for the “top six” bit that is just absurd, even Stevie Wonder would have sent Knockaert off for THAT challenge!

no i'm saying play him we need to win .......there have been numerous tackles as bad as knocky's snodgrass just took moura out ., joirghino's tackle nearly cut the other player in half.....they both got yellows.....we have had a very raw deal from officials this season.

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
no i'm saying play him we need to win .......there have been numerous tackles as bad as knocky's snodgrass just took moura out ., joirghino's tackle nearly cut the other player in half.....they both got yellows.....we have had a very raw deal from officials this season.

Are you really comparing that Snodgrass challenge to Knocky's?? Not even close!
Agree we have had a raw deal from refs though.

I wouldn't play him - too much a risk for me (as much for him getting stroppy and switching off/trying to do too much himself than getting sent off). I'd play March and Izzy.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield

Roy Keane wouldn't have had much of a career if Fergie had thought like that. :lol:

Re the OP. It's clear that starting AK is a risk. But I think we need to take some risks today.

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
If he does start i may have a few pennies on him scoring , he will have been told in no uncertain terms he is walking a very thin line , god willing he will respond with a lung busting performance hopefully with a end product , there's one thing you can't deny , taking away his sometimes volatile temperament is that he cares and loves this club .

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Roy Keane wouldn't have had much of a career if Fergie had thought like that. :lol:

Re the OP. It's clear that starting AK is a risk. But I think we need to take some risks today.

the Fulham keeper has just given us a massive leg up......the stage is set , we gotta win this game and we stay up , simples. boxing gloves on ...!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here