Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] Motd 21/09/19

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Christ, it was a 0-0 draw and people are crying because we were last on. Give your heads a wobble.

Agreed, imagine how Newcastle fans feel.......very little possession, could not score at home against little Brighton, last on MOTD. We played well in our eyes and that's all that matters to me.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Long since bothered about what that Geordie slaphead and look at me Lineker think of us.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
To be fair, to the neutral we are one of the most boring teams in prem. unless we beat a top six team or be in a match that is a complete goal fest, which face it rarley happens. Were always going to be one of the last on motd

we are one of the most boring teams in prem .... Really , last season yes this season don't think so though MOTD seemed to want to give that impression although to be fair the commentator did mention wave after wave of Brighton attacks. The football is not as fast as I would like but it certainly is pretty good to watch.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Cahill is really dull as dishwater and has absolutely nothing insightful to say.

I disagree. I think he's very good value. :shrug:

Anyway, dishwater is clear in my house. Ditchwater, on the other hand....

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
I disagree. I think he's very good value. :shrug:

Anyway, dishwater is clear in my house. Ditchwater, on the other hand....

You've sent me down a rabbithole here, seems that ditchwater was the original, but dishwater is such a longstanding misphrasing that it has become increasingly accepted. But in any case, I stand corrected. And I would have said that the dishwater is the dirty (dull) water after the dishes have been washed - otherwise its just water.

Found Cahill very dreary. He just kept droning on, repeating "in the box" or "in the pocket" again and again and pointing out fairly obvious things. Not got the charisma for the TV studio.

But admittedly hes far from the worst. Whoever decided to put Clinton Morrison in the pundit's chair for the EFL deserves a very stern talking to.

Drpepper

Nov 23, 2011
Sussex
we are one of the most boring teams in prem .... Really , last season yes this season don't think so though MOTD seemed to want to give that impression although to be fair the commentator did mention wave after wave of Brighton attacks. The football is not as fast as I would like but it certainly is pretty good to watch.

Yes our football is miles better than last season, but Look at our results this season its hardly going to get neturals wanting to watch us first is it. There is only 6 clubs the media care about and thats a fact, of the hundreds of live prem games on tv this season, How many do not involve any of them six clubs? Not many.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Yes our football is miles better than last season, but Look at our results this season its hardly going to get neturals wanting to watch us first is it. There is only 6 clubs the media care about and thats a fact, of the hundreds of live prem games on tv this season, How many do not involve any of them six clubs? Not many.

Looking forward to what they have to say when we beat a top six team, and I genuinely believe we will this season

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Looking forward to what they have to say when we beat a top six team, and I genuinely believe we will this season

Well certainly Arsenal, Man U (Not top six granted) beatable by anyone this season, like we have in seasons past.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
You've sent me down a rabbithole here, seems that ditchwater was the original, but dishwater is such a longstanding misphrasing that it has become increasingly accepted. But in any case, I stand corrected. And I would have said that the dishwater is the dirty (dull) water after the dishes have been washed - otherwise its just water.

Found Cahill very dreary. He just kept droning on, repeating "in the box" or "in the pocket" again and again and pointing out fairly obvious things. Not got the charisma for the TV studio.

But admittedly hes far from the worst. Whoever decided to put Clinton Morrison in the pundit's chair for the EFL deserves a very stern talking to.

When I take my antipalace goggles off, and also recalibrate my accentsnob filter, and just listen to the bloke, Morrison is knowledgable and reasonable. He also brings a 'different voice'. So I don't have any beef with him either.

Now, on Sky today, we had Roy 'you Englishcunt' Keane, Graeme 'shitmanager' coronary Souness and Jose 'Al Jizzer' 'let me singe any player over 6 foot four, who has already won Champions' league, for any amount of money' 'Maureen' Mourinho, boring the contents of my colon into a hard cold nugget. That is shit punditry, in my view.

And Alan 'Mary Poppins' smug overpaidtwat Shearer.

Most of the rest are tolerable. The Kiwi being fine enough.

Anyway, football punditry is only about opinions....and opinions about football punditry are worth even less than that :lolol: :cheers:

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
This game is as exciting as Sunday tea round your aunt's house when you were 8.
Best bit of commentary I have heard since Barry Davies and his where were the Germans line.
And what was the Palace defender up to trying to head it out when Wolves scored their last gasp goal.
Now that was funny.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Long since bothered about what that Geordie slaphead and look at me Lineker think of us.

Heard recently that old jug ears is the highest paid TV 'personality'.

That's just wrong on 2 counts, wtf and personality??? .

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Truly epic levels of cockuppery from Palace :lolol:

In their 6 games, they've scored 4 goals, 1 of which was scored by one of their opponents. In three of those six matches, they have been playing against 10 men for at least 15 minutes. Somehow they've still managed to do better than us :)

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Fair point. Have we actually had any luck this season yet? I keep hoping we'll have something jammy go our way eventually.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here