Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Compare and Contrast

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
Murray interview on club site today v Andone interview elsewhere yesterday

Recent changes re loans out can't have been very hard decisions really

Maupay main choice and Murray to mentor young Aaron all season is a far better way to go and clearly correct decision

Murray may get outscore Maupay as suspect will be keen to play in all cup games as well as PL sub role

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Murray = class.

Indeed, both on and off the pitch. Seen by some to be on his last legs for the past two or three seasons he is still seeing off wannabee replacements, Locadia and Andone being just two, and l've a feeling he is going to play a bigger part this season that many seem to think.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Murray is ALMOST my favourite ever Brighton player after Wardy. Faces stiff competition from Zamora, Lawrenson and the all too brief but sublime Vicente though. He is a god.

W3 BHA

Nov 16, 2009
Indeed, both on and off the pitch. Seen by some to be on his last legs for the past two or three seasons he is still seeing off wannabee replacements, Locadia and Andone being just two, and l've a feeling he is going to play a bigger part this season that many seem to think.

Michel Kuipers in disguise - or is he? I've never seen them in the same room together!

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
And just highlights how much of a Dickhead Andone is.

With a capital D.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Murray had to wait until he was 30 to make his debut in England’s top division, but after Aaron Connolly achieved the same feat some 11 years prior, Albion’s talisman is excited to see the next generation come through.

This bit makes no sense.

It reads like Connolly made his Premier League debut 11 years before Murray made his. Who writes this shit? Or, more pointedly, who proof-reads it?

Bracknell_Gull

Jul 4, 2011
Bracknell
Didn't realise this Legend shares the same birthday as me! As he said in the interview on the club site, hope he gets a goal or two on Saturday to celebrate, I'll be on Tyneside ready to celebrate with him!

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Didn't realise this Legend shares the same birthday as me! As he said in the interview on the club site, hope he gets a goal or two on Saturday to celebrate, I'll be on Tyneside ready to celebrate with him!

Will always remember his celebration after scoring our late late winner in a come from behind win at St.Andrews back in our promotion season, he gestured to his teammates to follow him as he sprinted, (quite a feat for our Glenn), the whole elength of the pitch, to celebrate wildly just in front of us away fans.

A wonderful moment. It was following that win that l started to believe that we really could clinch promotion that season.

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Compare and contrast? Ok...

Andone: not really given much of a chance last year after joining us for the first time, starts this season on the bench. Moved in from a different country.
Murray: Regular starts, been here for several years on a second run, after having been with us for year prior. Settled in the area, with family.

Andone: Barely heard of BHA growing up (probably), has no long term connection to the club, only viewed us as an opportunity to test himself in the premier league
Murray: Grew up in the country, will have been aware of the Albion and their struggles, signed for us and developed a bond with the club, the fans and the area over more than a decade.

Andone: Native romanian speaker, speaking to a turkish reporter, then having that interview translated into english.
Murray: Native English speaker, speaking to a (I presume) native English speaker, for an English speaking audience.

Andone: Wants to justify not being successful in the premier league
Murray: has nothing to justify

Andone: Wants to endear himself to the loan club he is playing for, perhaps try to get the opportunity to sign for a champions league team
Murray: is speaking to the official site for the club he currently plays for and wants to continue playing for

Andone: Not a fan favourite (despite that goal v Palace) because he got sent off in his last appearance, so not likely to be given the benefit of the doubt by a lot of fans
Murray: Club legend who can do no wrong (what palace? what lack of clapping?)

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here