Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] ***Derbyshire CCC v Sussex CCC, CC, 16-19 September, 10.30KO, Derby***

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Delay Rawlins 7. 6 balls. 1 four.

Slightly underestimated him.
Here’s a question for everyone.
Delray Rawlins’ contract is at an end.
Would you keep him?

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Last Dabs of the season, we would need Van Z and Ben Brown to both get high scores, one of them a century to see us try and win this tomorrow afternoon.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Slightly underestimated him.
Here’s a question for everyone.
Delray Rawlins’ contract is at an end.
Would you keep him?

Hhm.. tricky one. I see we're after an overseas batsman for next season to replace Murray Goodwin.. so it may be a financial decision.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
The worst thing is we are playing a team who are basically thread bare, especially bowling wise. Farcical.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Last Dabs of the season, we would need Van Z and Ben Brown to both get high scores, one of them a century to see us try and win this tomorrow afternoon.

1. Don't waste your breath.
2. Delray can do one.
3. We're loose.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
So ...this season has gone.
Some big decisions need to be made.
Jason Gillespie now needs to show the squad he has a ruthless side and isn’t just a nice hippie kind of guy.
I think he will do that,
Wouldn’t be surprised if delray is axed as an example.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
94 for 4 at Tea

Not setting the world on fire, still need 251 runs to take the possibility of promotion into the final game.

TBH, seeing as the chance of promotion is remote and not in our hands anyway, I think now I'd rather we lost and put an end to it. I don't want anything to put a gloss on this season, and you can bet that "going to the last game still with a chance of promotion" will be a straw to be clutched at.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
That's a collapse of 86-8.

We've known all season that our batting isn't good enough for Div 2, let alone Div 1.

In addition, I fully expect Jimmy to retire sometime soon at that will mean Archer will be centrally contracted and hardly feature in the 2020 County season.

I just hope Dominic Sibley gets the nod for England and does the business because we don't want to lose Salt to England as well as Archer.

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
That's a collapse of 86-8.

We've known all season that our batting isn't good enough for Div 2, let alone Div 1.

In addition, I fully expect Jimmy to retire sometime soon at that will mean Archer will be centrally contracted and hardly feature in the 2020 County season.

I just hope Dominic Sibley gets the nod for England and does the business because we don't want to lose Salt to England as well as Archer.

Dizzy said this week that Archer will be centrally contracted next year. Lets hope we spend the money on a solid batsman.

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Well this season ended with a whimper.

Lets hope we get it right in an 8 team Div 2 next season.

They still have not said what the promotion and relegation spaces are yet, but hopefully 2 not 1.

Keep the faith.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Dizzy said this week that Archer will be centrally contracted next year. Lets hope we spend the money on a solid batsman.

We need 3 solid batsmen. Massive season for us next year - we've punched above our weight in the last 20 years but it finally feels like we're joining the likes of Leics, Derbys, Gloucs, Northants and Glamorgan as permanent non-entities.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here