Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alexis Mac Allister - *** New Contract Until 2025 ***

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Ally Mac is LITERALLY playing with Carlos Tevez, a case study in bringing South American talent over to a small PL club in order to secure a large transfer fee. *

* albeit we'll probably try to do it without the dodgy 3rd party ownership schtick.

So he is playing with a multi millionaire in Argentinta at the end of his career, who made his millions playing in Europe.
If he comes here till hes 28, he can then go back to finish his career in Argentina......He only has to look at Messi as a role model

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
So he is playing with a multi millionaire in Argentinta at the end of his career, who made his millions playing in Europe.
If he comes here till hes 28, he can then go back to finish his career in Argentina......He only has to look at Messi as a role model

giphy.gif

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I'd say the main barrier to him playing for us, aside from the work permit, is our league position next year. We could be in the championship, which I presume is the reason for his father's reticence in saying he would love to play for Brighton. If we're in the premier league, they'll be delighted to come and play for Brighton.
So how would he (they) get round the fact that we hold his registration?

Ok so in the real world, we've seen players act like arses and even effectively strike to try and force a move. It's very high risk though. He'd get a reputation and there's nothing to stop us calling his bluff and digging in. If we held firm, he'd have to play for us in the championship.

More likely is that we accept a bid before it got to that stage, but the player has signed a contract with us so it would be our decision to make.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
But is he unlikely to play for us? The chances of the work permit being granted are increasing by the day.

From our point of view, i'm sure we would like to have an Argentinian international in our side next season. From his point of view, (don't know much about the lad, but) most young South American players know that there chance of fame and fortune lies in getting a transfer to Europe, the Premier League especially. I'm not saying we're his dream club, but I don't think he would have ever signed for us if he didn't at least see us as a decent jumping off point.

The two main barriers which remain for him to play for us are that we don't resolve the work permit situation or that he is so successful in the next few months that Barca or someone offer us huge money and we accept. What isn't a barrier is the guy's willingness to play for us. We hold his registration so he can't play for anyone else without our permission.

I'm going to go against most on here and say that my view is that Mac and Percy were both bought with the intention of getting them work permits to play football for Brighton. Sure, we knew that we could sell to make a profit (or limit our losses) if we couldn't ever get the permit, but I think the primary intention was to play for us, and there are signs this is coming together.

Agree r.e Mac Allister but I think Tau was genuinely an investment only since the chances of him getting a work permit are so slim and always have been

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
I was talking to a River plate fan who reckons Mac Allister is already a top player and a fantastic signing....for financial reasons. He said that he is already worth double what we paid and expects him to be sold to a Spanish club at the end of the season for 30m plus. He also said there is absolutely no way Boca can afford to buy him and that they were delighted just to get him for a season.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
But is he unlikely to play for us? The chances of the work permit being granted are increasing by the day.

From our point of view, i'm sure we would like to have an Argentinian international in our side next season. From his point of view, (don't know much about the lad, but) most young South American players know that there chance of fame and fortune lies in getting a transfer to Europe, the Premier League especially. I'm not saying we're his dream club, but I don't think he would have ever signed for us if he didn't at least see us as a decent jumping off point.

The two main barriers which remain for him to play for us are that we don't resolve the work permit situation or that he is so successful in the next few months that Barca or someone offer us huge money and we accept. What isn't a barrier is the guy's willingness to play for us. We hold his registration so he can't play for anyone else without our permission.

I'm going to go against most on here and say that my view is that Mac and Percy were both bought with the intention of getting them work permits to play football for Brighton. Sure, we knew that we could sell to make a profit (or limit our losses) if we couldn't ever get the permit, but I think the primary intention was to play for us, and there are signs this is coming together.

Good post. Worth adding to this that most South American players use Spain, Portugal or Italy as their first stop in Europe rather than coming direct to Europe. The difference with Mac is that he has British heritage. From the little I've seen of him, he looks a quality player.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I was talking to a River plate fan who reckons Mac Allister is already a top player and a fantastic signing....for financial reasons. He said that he is already worth double what we paid and expects him to be sold to a Spanish club at the end of the season for 30m plus. He also said there is absolutely no way Boca can afford to buy him and that they were delighted just to get him for a season.
And what's also encouraging me is that when we don't want to sell, we generally don't. I think we have a great chance of him lining up for us next season

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
From a business perspective the club must be absolutely delighted with the way that this is working out....buying him off a bottom of the table Argentinian team, loaning him to one of the top 20 biggest clubs in the world and next thing he is having a run out for the Argentinian national team! Must have doubled their investment more or less overnight.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Terrible article.

Mentions over and over again we deem him not good enough and doesn’t once mention we can’t pick him because he hasn’t got a work permit.

Quite, he states only the die hard BHAFC fans would have heard of him but shows his ignorance of the player through out that article. And he didn't pull the blue and white strips on either, they wore their away kit.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Quite, he states only the die hard BHAFC fans would have heard of him but shows his ignorance of the player through out that article. And he didn't pull the blue and white strips on either, they wore their away kit.

Looks to me like he had an idea for an article (that international football is being de-valued) and then just used him as an example with no further research.

I’d actually imagine Potter would LOVE him here and in light of the injury to Trossard would be in line for some involvement against Burnley.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2018
Journalist stumbles on International is actually owned by a Premier League Team.

Looks at 25 man squad, player isn’t included

Assumes it’s based on ability

Lazy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
That is terrible, lazy, journalism.
Two minutes on NSC woud have left him 100% better informed, and there are not many subjects you can say THAT about.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here