Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Zaha watch - *** The SEGW finally managed to escape***

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Well, such a clause is not enforceable - it contravenes the rules. But if Palace say (informally, of course) that they'll only sign off on the deal, on condition that he doesn't feature, then Everton would go along with it, to get it done.

Given that the transfer would be likely less than 48 hours before that game, and Wilf hasn't even been introduced to, let alone trained with, his new team-mates, it isn't at all a big concession for Everton to make.

Could Richarlison play in a Zaha mask? Similar angle of play.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Well, such a clause is not enforceable - it contravenes the rules. But if Palace say (informally, of course) that they'll only sign off on the deal, on condition that he doesn't feature, then Everton would go along with it, to get it done.

Given that the transfer would be likely less than 48 hours before that game, and Wilf hasn't even been introduced to, let alone trained with, his new team-mates, it isn't at all a big concession for Everton to make.

He hasn't kicked a ball since AFCON anyway, not sure he would be turning out for Palace on Saturday either.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Hilarious how many palace think that this Everton move is a) a ruse to get top European clubs in for him or b) feel amazement that 'PSG or someone aren't in for him' and that he 'can't really want to move to Everton'.

Happy days!

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Correct me if I'm wrong doesn't zaha do this every season? Palace won't sell he will get another wad of cash and it will all be forgotten next week?

Dull

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Correct me if I'm wrong doesn't zaha do this every season? Palace won't sell he will get another wad of cash and it will all be forgotten next week?

Dull

Nope Zaha doesn't put a formal transfer request in every season so consider yourself corrected. By putting in a transfer request he has forsaken some very large wads of cash for the rest of his contract.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Nope Zaha doesn't put a formal transfer request in every season so consider yourself corrected. By putting in a transfer request he has forsaken some very large wads of cash for the rest of his contract.
Ok he 'threatened' to do it last year.

What's the difference with an official request?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Nope Zaha doesn't put a formal transfer request in every season so consider yourself corrected.

Especially with it being 24 hours till the window SLAMS shut. He has proper stiffed them with that one.

Now he's formalised it and told them he never wants to play for them again, any notions of offering him a new deal to keep him is surely out the window. They've got a disaffected, disillusioned, angry player in their squad who just wants OUT. If they hold him to his contract then the sulk will be epic, and the fans on his back from Saturday. If they sell, then they've got 1 day to get some deals over the line in a desperate attempt to strengthen and patch up the Zaha-sized hole left in their one-man-team squad.

Oh no wait - didn't they sign Jordan Ayew ?

Ahaa. Ahaaahahahahaha. Ahaahahaahahaaaaaaaaaaa :lolol:

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
I think my favourite conspiracy theory being trotted out by palace fans is there is no way Wilf would do this and this is made up by Sky Sports to get more bets on Zaha leaving

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
This is so funny. Perfect timing too.

No doubt whatever the outcome some soppy kunnt will try and spin it but this is a nightmare for the wankpuffins.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Zahahahaha.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I think the best situation for everyone (well, us) is that Zaha stays.

Palace don't get their squillions
Palace DO keep Zaha, who doesn't want to play for them
Palace fans DO turn on him and boo him.

And what an absolute c*nt Zaha is. One of those mercenary types who is happy to sign extensions year on year for ever inflated sums but then get all pissy when the club dares to hold him to that contract. The act of a complete c*ntpipe.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm gonna hurt myself laughing if I read much more of #CPFC.

[tweet]1159127464955777025[/tweet]

[tweet]1159128282647937025[/tweet]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here