Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Knockaert joins Fulham on initial one-year loan

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
What was your question? It's a parody account but everything in that tweet is true. How can 'free-scoring' Brighton offload one of our best attackers with more assists than Zaha, Dele Ali, etc. It's ridiculous.

You're the one being dumb.

1 more assist than Zaha, yes. But 8 less goals than him. Deli Ali got 3 more goals and most spurs fans think he had a terrible season (16-17 - 18G,7A, 17-18 - 9G,10A) Other than that a great comparison.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
What was your question? It's a parody account but everything in that tweet is true. How can 'free-scoring' Brighton offload one of our best attackers with more assists than Zaha, Dele Ali, etc. It's ridiculous.

You're the one being dumb.

I'm not being dumb you t***, I only asked you if you if you realised it's a parody account.
I know it's Monday morning but I thought it was funny, that's all FFS.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
You could level that criticism at ALL of our attacking players with the exception of Murray. AK played better than the rest, perhaps let's start over and get rid of them all.

You need to be more analytical about Knocky and his contributions. If he was better than the rest why wasn't he starting every game? On some occasions, he didn't even make the squad! How does his defending compare to other similar players? What is his ball retention like? What is his decision making like at PL level? At times he took on the mantle of set-piece man. How was the quality of his delivery? ( Any variety? ) Does he retain his composure under pressure? How many goals did he cost us through giving the ball away under no pressure? How do his positive contributions stack up against the negatives?
You have to decide whether at this level you want talented, fairly expensive, error prone players or more solid performers, making fewer mistakes and maybe making more of their defensive duties. Thats the choice.

albion534

Mar 4, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
Potter obviously doesn’t see him in his plans. Doesn’t he have a degree in behavioural sciences? He obviously doesn’t think AK would fit in, so let’s move on. It’s happened.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Robinjakarta

Jul 14, 2014
Jakarta
I really hope there's something in that. Massive leap of faith to believe that's the case though.

This latest development has me absolutely flabergasted

Me and many others, too. Can't help feeling SURE there's more to this than we all know about. Now that the deed is done, maybe more will come out from the horse's ar .. er .. mouth as Knocky isn't the most reticent of individuals.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
1) Why would Potter do this? Knocky is, (was) at the very least our 2nd best wide man. Almost certainly our best. At the very least, you'd want him to come off the bench if we're 1-0 down with 20 mins left
2) The thought that we might be still be paying some of his wages had occurred to me as well. If we're paying a penny, it surely ranks as the worst deal in our history
3) Well, lets get those "other irons" in first, then think about who we can let go. That's what all the other clubs do
4) Well we can tell them, A) have you seen the competition in our squad? You'll probably get it. B) You signed a 4 year deal
5) Managed decline. What a great strategy. What about another strategy, whereby we try to stay up be keeping hold of our best players

Managed decline? What are you talking about? Tony Bloom, with highly skilled help, has assembled an Albion none of us thought possible, even as recent as 10 years ago. Of course, having spent around 300 million he is going for a 'managed decline'. All because he has let one player leave the club? Oy vay!

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Potter obviously doesn’t see him in his plans. Doesn’t he have a degree in behavioural sciences? He obviously doesn’t think AK would fit in, so let’s move on. It’s happened.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

His degree is not going to help put the ball in the back of the net, helpful or not. We need some quality signings and quickly.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
You know we're in trouble when people start rounding up the time left in the window, rather than rounding down.

Negative nit-picking. 17/18 days. Alright, 2 and a half weeks to go. Still plenty of time.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Or Potter has been told he is moving on. Perhaps that decision was made even before Potter was appointed. :shrug:

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Could you try to be analytical about Ali J's contributions last year then, or Locadia's, or Izquierdo's? I'm all ears

You need to be more analytical about Knocky and his contributions. If he was better than the rest why wasn't he starting every game? On some occasions, he didn't even make the squad! How does his defending compare to other similar players? What is his ball retention like? What is his decision making like at PL level? At times he took on the mantle of set-piece man. How was the quality of his delivery? ( Any variety? ) Does he retain his composure under pressure? How many goals did he cost us through giving the ball away under no pressure? How do his positive contributions stack up against the negatives?
You have to decide whether at this level you want talented, fairly expensive, error prone players or more solid performers, making fewer mistakes and maybe making more of their defensive duties. Thats the choice.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Pretty much everything wrong with English football for the last 20 years in one post.

We'll see. I'm not expecting more than a couple of points from our first ten games with our current set of players; and I remain of the view that Potter's coaching skills, however good they might be, are not going to turn our current set of players into world beaters.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Or he wanted to leave.

Or.

Exactly, could be any number of reasons.

All I know is, for whatever reason, and despite being a stroppy so and so sometimes, we are losing a player that does contribute and can create and take chances.

I'm in the 'don't think it's the right move camp', but I guess it is a matter of trusting the club's decisions.

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
We'll see. I'm not expecting more than a couple of points from our first ten games with our current set of players; and I remain of the view that Potter's coaching skills, however good they might be, are not going to turn our current set of players into world beaters.

I’m not saying Potter will be a success or a failure. Nobody knows, or will know, until next year. However the current crop of players certainly have the potential to be good enough. When the shackles were off at Arsenal we looked like a new team. At our level the mental side makes up a huge part of the game, perhaps Potter can take of the shackles mentally better than Hughton could. This isn’t a dig at Hughton, just a view of his limitations. That’s not to say we don’t need to strengthen, you’ve always got to be dynamic and keep moving. I’m confident we will do that, however the changes to the timings of the window are clearly having a huge effect, to all clubs. Furthermore if the club (namely Potter and Ashworth) wish to elevate some of the youth, that can only be a good thing. There in lies our opportunity to improve as a club, by bringing in and developing young players, who are able to see a clear pathway to the first team.

We’re in the best position we’ve ever been as a club. Enjoy it.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
The Ashworth effect?

I'd be really surprised if the decision was Potter's. I doubt he wanted to lose a player who has goals and assists to his name in the PL, and always, always puts a shift in when he's playing. Maybe he did, but my wild speculation is that this decision is outside Potter's control.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here