Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bloom's managerial appointments

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Bloom's appointment record is patchy and not very convincing.

Two inspired choices, one reasonable but not proven, and one catastrophe.

Poyet - inspired and inspiring
Garcia - anonymous
Hyypia - catastrophically bad
Hughton - excellent safe pair of hands

The Hyypia appointment was made worse by the fact that Hyypia wasn't even sacked but had to resign. Bloom froze in the spot light.

It remains to be seen whether today is a knee jerk over-reaction from that experience. This time he shot the horse before it had even started to limp.

PoG

Oct 29, 2013

Garcia - anonymous

The Hyypia appointment was made worse by the fact that Hyypia wasn't even sacked but had to resign. Bloom froze in the spot light.

It remains to be seen whether today is a knee jerk over-reaction from that experience. This time he shot the horse before it had even started to limp.

Let's be honest, only 1 of the past 4 has been a stinker.

HCxUK

Apr 18, 2014
Unfair to call Garcia anonymous. Bar Ulloa and Upson, he took a very average Albion side to the play-off semis, if he were to have stayed another year I doubt we would have had as catastrophic a season in 2014-2015.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Unfair to call Garcia anonymous. Bar Ulloa and Upson, he took a very average Albion side to the play-off semis, if he were to have stayed another year I doubt we would have had as catastrophic a season in 2014-2015.

Thought Garcia was dreadful......

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
You say patchy and not very convincing, then list poyet as excellent and inspiring, Garcia as anonymous (strangely as he took an average team to the playoffs which isn't an easy task in the championship), and then Hughton as an excellent safe pair of hands. That only leaves Hyypia. Unsure how that all equates to Bloom's record to in any way being 'patchy and not very convincing'!?!

el punal

Garcia - anonymous

I would argue over some of your points. Firstly, I don’t think Tony Bloom would freeze in any situation. Perhaps Sami Hyypia jumped before he was pushed. Secondly, I would imagine today’s decision is anything but a knee jerk over-reaction. If that were the case the trigger would have been pulled anytime between us losing to Saints to just after the Cardiff debacle.

No, this was definitely a long thought out process but with a hasty, but very sad, conclusion. It pains me to say it because I have the greatest admiration for him but Chris Hughton was certainly a metaphorical limping horse after the last few months. Had he stayed on and addressed our failings successfully next season - who knows? Tony Bloom is a successful gambler, let’s hope he has a winning hand with his next appointment.

lasvegan

Jan 30, 2009
Sin City
Wasn’t Russell Slade Tony Bloom’s
first managerial appointment? He was out of contract at the end of the season he kept us up.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Oscar had the best song , so a success just for that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
So getting us into the playoffs is dreadful. I assume you are expecting the next manager to win the double in their first season on that basis

We had the worst injury crisis in the time I have watched the Albion, the season that Garcia was here. I thought he did a good job under the circumstances. He walked when it be became clear we were going to downgrade our squad.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Wasn’t Russell Slade Tony Bloom’s
first managerial appointment? He was out of contract at the end of the season he kept us up.

Yes, but he was reluctant. The fans were so overjoyed at the great escape, I think he had no choice. He was quick to chop him in October.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here