Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Didn’t think you’d be brave enough to sack him

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I said I’d seen no such thing or charges against any fans

Glad to see you’re coping well with the news

If you read my posts on other threads, I am coping fine with the news. Brighton fans have shown their appreciation for Chris.

What I am not coping with is YOUR ''lets find a pal to derise an honest very hard working man with'' - And to come here to try and find one. That's what I am not coping with

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
He became an albion fan when Hughton took over. He is a Hughton fan so is quite touchy on the subject :wink:

Difference is. I will forever be rooting for Albion in the future due to the way he was treated at Brighton by the Club and the fans.

If Norwich were a fly I wouldn't give them my shit

LVGull

May 13, 2016
And had we finished on your points and GD we’d have still been relegated

No doubt you deserved to stay up though as you were better than 3 other teams

I think next season could be one of the toughest ever to survive especially if Villa win the playoffs

[MENTION=3893]mike79[/MENTION] f**k off will you. You are talking absolute s**t.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Difference is. I will forever be rooting for Albion in the future due to the way he was treated at Brighton by the Club and the fans.

If Norwich were a fly I wouldn't give them my shit

I didn't mean it in a condescending way.

One of my best mates is a Naaaarch fan though and find some of your comments about them unnecessarily derisive.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I didn't mean it in a condescending way.

One of my best mates is a Naaaarch fan though and find some of your comments about them unnecessarily derisive.

For good reason - Some of the things that happened were awful. All his family had to close down their Twitter accounts because they were being abused on it by Norwich fans. There is no defence to their actions

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
We've picked up just14 points in the second half of the season, played the worst football of any team in the league and only stayed up because Palace did us a favour, yet still some on here think Tony was wrong to make the change.

Time will tell, but judging by his record, I'd trust Tony to have got this one right as well.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
And had we finished on your points and GD we’d have still been relegated
Well we don't know for sure, as with more points there would have been more pressure on other teams and things would have unfolded differently.

No doubt you deserved to stay up though as you were better than 3 other teams
Thanks.

I think next season could be one of the toughest ever to survive especially if Villa win the playoffs
Indeed.

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
It won't ever be the best decision we've ever made.

We were staring League One in the face, and we've finished with 2 seasons in the top flight with 2 decent FA Cup runs. Hughton being appointed was one of the best we've ever made. Improving our Premier League standing if that happens will be because of what Hughton set up, not in spite of him.
So you've nicely set yourself up not to lose that argument, whatever happens.

Sent from my G8341 using Tapatalk

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
So you've nicely set yourself up not to lose that argument, whatever happens.

Doesn't matter if we go on to win the league then the European Cup, sacking Hughton still won't be the best decision we've ever made, because he STILL would have been the person to set that up. Easy to understand right?

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
Doesn't matter if we go on to win the league then the European Cup, sacking Hughton still won't be the best decision we've ever made, because he STILL would have been the person to set that up. Easy to understand right?
You can't be serious.

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
We've picked up just14 points in the second half of the season, played the worst football of any team in the league and only stayed up because Palace did us a favour, yet still some on here think Tony was wrong to make the change.

Time will tell, but judging by his record, I'd trust Tony to have got this one right as well.
This.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
He's sacked three out of five managers and accepted the resignation of two others in ten years.

By today's standards....that is loyalty. As sad as that is.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
You’ve basically copied our progress in the premier league - started ok, got to spend some money which was wasted, couldn’t score goals, sleepwalking towards relegation playing dire football and no plan B

Biggest difference was you didn’t have the bottom side going on an end of season tear up winning nearly every game and sending you down

Think some are just blind to how bad we actually were towards the seasons end. Maybe they wanted relegation difference being TB obviously doesn't so has now decided a different tack. Only time will tell but I'd predict things will be better next season

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset

What? Explain what ‘setting up’ means in circumstances of 3 wins from 23, failing to beat any relegation rivals other than Huddersfield, underperforming signings, unduly defensive tactics, no goal scorer other than one who should be retiring. If that is setting up, then God knows what leaving a mess is like.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
What? Explain ‘setting up’ means in circumstances of 3 wins from 23, failing to beat any relegation rivals other than Huddersfield, underperforming signings, unduly defensive tactics, no goal scorer other than one who should be retiring, if that is setting up, then God knows what leaving a mess is like.

We're talking about 'the best decision the club has EVER made'.

Please remind me how many seasons we have had in the top flight in our history?

Please remind me how many FA Cup semi finals we have reached in our history?

Please remind me where we were when Hughton took over?

Are you in a room with [MENTION=24517]Silk[/MENTION]? Perhaps between the two of you you could work out what that statement is in reference to.

In the history of this football club, sacking Hughton because the football wasn't quite good enough but keeping us in the top flight won't be the best decision we've ever made, because there are plenty of other times we've had to make a decision in a far worse predicament.

The best decision this club has made, in recent history at least, was the appointment of Chris Hughton and turning us from staring League One in the face, to sacking a manager for keeping us up in not quite enough style. Think on that if you will.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here