Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] POLL TIME - Danny Baker’s tweet

Was Danny Baker’s Royal Baby tweet KNOWINGLY racist?

• YES - You stupid prat, of course it was. He knew what he was inferring.

Votes: 97 29.7%
  • NO - You utter melt, the intent wasn’t racism.

Votes: 230 70.3%

• Total voters

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
It’s quite incredible the sheer volume of people who decide to get publically offended on someone else’s behalf. “Look how virtuous and right-on I am, I’m so DISGUSTED with that racist tweet I simply have to scweem my revulsion until someone is sacked for it. Whats that, an apology ? Oh he’s just LYING, the lying RACIST”.

:rolleyes:

More racist minded people would have found it funny than people finding the class or media circus innuendo funny, so even being kind to him this type of post inspires racism whether intentionally or not. You cannot argue this fact.

When we look at a joke image the first thing we do is question what it is trying to say and the only worded hint on his tweet was "Royal Baby Leaves Hospital" No hint about class or media circus.

What is worse; DB posting the gag or a million racists laughing at it?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
More racist minded people would have found it funny than people finding the class or media circus innuendo funny, so even being kind to him this type of post inspires racism whether intentionally or not. You cannot argue this fact.

When we look at a joke image the first thing we do is question what it is trying to say and the only worded hint on his tweet was "Royal Baby Leaves Hospital" No hint about class or media circus.

What is worse; DB posting the gag or a million racists laughing at it?

To be clear, I'm not trying to excuse his tweet. The after-effects you mention are the unfortunate potential results of it, which is why is was a colossal f-up for him to have sent that tweet in the first place.

What I can say with complete confidence is that Danny Baker is not a racist, and he did not intend that tweet to be a racist joke at the expense of the new royal baby. It was a stupid mistake, for which he has lost his job, and spent the last 36 hours apologising for.

Thats still not going to be enough for some people, but there you go. Welcome to 2019.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
To be clear, I'm not trying to excuse his tweet. The after-effects you mention are the unfortunate potential results of it, which is why is was a colossal f-up for him to have sent that tweet in the first place.

What I can say with complete confidence is that Danny Baker is not a racist, and he did not intend that tweet to be a racist joke at the expense of the new royal baby. It was a stupid mistake, for which he has lost his job, and spent the last 36 hours apologising for.

Thats still not going to be enough for some people, but there you go. Welcome to 2019.

Can you give me some names of people who are classed as racist? Just so I can understand the benchmark.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
So where are all these other tweets of a similar ilk he made ? Then saying he didn't know the most famous about to be born baby in the world wasn't mixed race is absolute shite, no wonder people don't believe him and his 3rd or is it 4th now apology and reasoning behind it.
Exactly the pic didn’t come out when Kate was popping kids out like peas.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
So where are all these other tweets of a similar ilk he made ?.
I'm so confused by that logic. If you make a joke for the first time, then there won't be previous examples of it. I'm sure he doesn't sit there, waiting every year for a royal birth and think "YES, time to do that pic again"

Then saying he didn't know the most famous about to be born baby in the world wasn't mixed race is absolute shite

Did he ACTUALLY say that? Did he ACTUALLY say he didn't KNOW the baby was mixed race? Or did he say "Minutes later I was alerted by followers that this royal baby was of course mixed race and waves of panic and revulsion washed over me".

"Of course" clearly means "We all know the baby is mixed race and it didn't clock as an issue when I posted the pic"

I'm still staggered over 60 people on the poll thinks he did it on purpose (which he would have known would have caused outrage and almost certainly a sacking and negative publicity). Yeah, clever move that.

Molango's visa

Molango's visa
Sep 7, 2007
London, UK
Have to say, I read telegraph and guardian generally. Since Brexit, the Guardian has become worryingly extreme, practically propaganda. Maybe they feel it’s necessary as counter balance, but if you’re middle aged, white, straight, male and English, it feels like your under constant attack as the devils spawn through no fault of your own. Satan himself if you’re middle class too! I shall probably give all news media a break once the football season finishes inc NSC. It does bring you down or raise your blood pressure fo sure! :)

Some very strange posts on this thread.

So let's get this right.

Danny Baker has been forced out of the BBC because Jeremy Corbyn's Marxist government, that owns and runs the BBC and the Guardian, are pretending to be outraged at the racist joke accidentally made by Danny Baker, and think they will gain more votes and popularity by throwing him under a bus?

Or is it:

Danny Baker has been forced out of the BBC because Jeremy Corbyn's Marxist government, that owns and runs the BBC and the Guardian, are genuinely outraged at the non-racist joke deliberately made by Danny Baker, and don't care about how stupid and unelectable they will look by throwing him under a bus?

Or none of the above?

Personally I have found the arguments in DB's defence compelling and reasonable. I have found some of the posts on here, however, deeply baffling, requiring the reader to second guess the writer's agenda before having a stab at making sense of their comments. Even moreso than on a typical thread.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
I'm so confused by that logic. If you make a joke for the first time, then there won't be previous examples of it. I'm sure he doesn't sit there, waiting every year for a royal birth and think "YES, time to do that pic again"

I'm confused, that you're confused.

Danny Baker has clearly stated that he's used the picture lots of times previously, and a billion of his fans on social media have repeated the same claim.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I'm confused, that you're confused.

Danny Baker has clearly stated that he's used the picture lots of times previously, and a billion of his fans on social media have repeated the same claim.

Yet he also claims he came across it for the first time the other day. What a pickle.

Molango's visa

Molango's visa
Sep 7, 2007
London, UK
I'm still staggered over 60 people on the poll thinks he did it on purpose (which he would have known would have caused outrage and almost certainly a sacking and negative publicity). Yeah, clever move that.

Easy to understand. If you don't like him and you're intellectually dishonest, then you'll believe anything negative.

I see that the racist troll, 'Das Reich', appears to think that the 'racist', Danny Baker, now one of his own, is being pursued by left wingers, presumably beacuse anyone not sharing his racist views must be a left winger.

Sometimes you just couldn't make up the absurdity of the intellectually dishonest. :hilton:

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN

He did actually amongst the hundreds of apologies and explanations, no wonder you're getting confused

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
Only if you’re looking for it and have been brainwashed by 50 years of the hysterical liberal racists that have forced a multi cultural agenda upon us meaning that today, even when fictional characters that are mixed race are killed off there’s a faux outrage backlash that it’s racist. Good grief. Even baa baa black sheep’s been banned. What about when there’s heavy rain expected? What colour do we describe night as? And can someone please send me the memo because I’d hate to upset someone unintentionally. Of course if I did it MUST BE intentional, as DB is finding out...

What a ****ed up society we have.

Baa baa black sheep has not been banned.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
He did actually amongst the hundreds of apologies and explanations, no wonder you're getting confused

Oh right. I can't actually find a comment like that in his apologies on twitter or in the press I've seen. Happy to accept I've missed it. Can someone point me in the direction of it?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Oh right. I can't actually find a comment like that in his apologies on twitter or in the press I've seen. Happy to accept I've missed it. Can someone point me in the direction of it?

To be honest from what I saw of his interviews yesterday on the news, DB was looking flustered and stressed, and very much in "firefighting" mode, he was all over the place.

I wouldn't be all that surprised if amongst his stuttering apologies and explanations yesterday he said something along the lines of "I've used that picture before" meaning "I've posted a picture LIKE that before"

But the Mortally Offended are out in force, and they must now have their pound of flesh.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Baa baa black sheep has not been banned.

Neither has Christmas in Birmingham.

I think a lot of this is what we call confirmation bias.

This is an episode that shouldn't bother me but has.

It's a summary of a new society of righteous indignation in which folk wish to publish their newly found perfection now they have the chance to do so.

The post he made is only racist if there was intent. Other than that it is clumsy- and the degree of its clumsiness (and it's very clumsy) is amplified by those who have a staple diet of said righteous indignation to sustain their purpose in life.

In a world of common sense, where racism is a serious issue and people look under the stones rather than at their smoothly polished surfaces (think some right wing media) this kind of act would be turned on its head. Danny Baker would be held up as bit of a pillock (which he is freely admitting to) and allowed to carry on with a reprimand and maybe a useful donation to an organisation that works to oppose racism. The right wing elements who are building the gallows would then be called out for the ongoing subtle racist sub text that runs through some of their veins and then we really would be tackling the issue.

But we live in a society where virtue signalling is the new nicotine and thoughtful debate makes it too long to wait for the next inhalation.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here