Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Is it just me or is everything shit? Again...

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Take time off from the anger and mis-information on Twitter, Facebook etc. and life will seem better.

Shut off the hybrid technological / psychological assault the country is under, and free yourself.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I thought that but then I remembered Steven Spielberg is about to remake West Side Story this year so that has given me something to live for again

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Brexit I switch off from but kids stabbing each other to death? WTF?

Once the clocks go forward everything will feel a bit better with the light evenings.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Switch off your social and mainstream media feeds inc NSC. Head out into the natural world. Plan (properly) something you’d like to achieve and set goals. Talk to friends and family, preferably face to face. Focus on what you can control. :) And prepare for Albion to get beaten by Palace / stack fridge with alcohol to numb pain before during and afterwards
Nailed it!

You could charge a fortune for advice like that.

Grow a beard, give yourself a poncy 'artisan' name, and a career as a 'life coach' awaits, should you wish to pursue that career path of course 😉

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Switch off your social and mainstream media feeds inc NSC. Head out into the natural world. Plan (properly) something you’d like to achieve and set goals. Talk to friends and family, preferably face to face. Focus on what you can control. :) And prepare for Albion to get beaten by Palace / stack fridge with alcohol to numb pain before during and afterwards

I'd love to head outside into any world at the moment. I'm struggling with a horrible virus since last Saturday.

Woe is me.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Wise words.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
I have some money in my pocket.
I'm getting 25p off my coffee each morning thanks to the gift of a re-useable cup.
Alan Partridge is back on the telly box.
It's not raining.
My health is normal.
I have a betting app which allows me to watch random live games, rather than the dross my wife watches.
I have a tin of evaporated milk which I'm looking forward to using.
And an 89p Deep Pan Pepperoni pizza in the freezer for a special treat.
My favourite singer's latest album is cracking.
My hair loss seems to be easing up.

Sometimes it's the little things that count!

GJN1

Nov 4, 2014
Brighton
I have some money in my pocket.
I'm getting 25p off my coffee each morning thanks to the gift of a re-useable cup.
Alan Partridge is back on the telly box.
It's not raining.
My health is normal.
I have a betting app which allows me to watch random live games, rather than the dross my wife watches.
I have a tin of evaporated milk which I'm looking forward to using.
And an 89p Deep Pan Pepperoni pizza in the freezer for a special treat.
My favourite singer's latest album is cracking.
My hair loss seems to be easing up.

Sometimes it's the little things that count!

Evaporated milk is a positive?

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
I keep trying to inject some humour into NSC, but that seems to get overruled by arguing, tribalism and school playground pettiness.

Some posters like [MENTION=259]Jack Straw[/MENTION] seem to be comedyphobic as he clearly in incapable of laughter.

I too try to inject some humour into NSC but never over rule, or argue. Am I missing something, or am I ironically missing some humour in your post making you correct with part of it? ???

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I too try to inject some humour into NSC but never over rule, or argue. Am I missing something, or am I ironically missing some humour in your post making you correct with part of it? ???

Where's the humour? :lolol:
You ought to do some kind of daily joke thread and less of the Countryfile stuff. :kiss:.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
On the political side and the running of the country it's been one long line of shittyness, bad news, incompetence, terrible decisions, missed targets, and cruelty to disabled people and kids.
Knife crime is now the latest horror thanks to May and I see Hammond has opened his stupid mouth about it this morning rubbing more austerity salt into the wound but I was told austerity was over.
And then we have Brexit and the shit for brains that voted for that.
Oh and NHS satisfaction is at an 11 year low.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
I know we're trying to stay positive but have a listen to this really powerful BBC Sounds podcast that last 21 minutes.
After 3 mins is an interview with a former gang member who gives a good insight into why so many stabbings are happening.

It's well worth a listen.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p072ky91

Yeah that’s rather worrying isn’t it. But despite hearing what ‘Jay’ says about mutual reconciliation we all know their street alter egos won’t ever let that happen.

Still thanks for introducing me to an excellent addition to my podcast list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PTC Gull

Micky Mouse country.
NSC Patron
Apr 17, 2017
Florida
Football aside, I struggle to see anything remotely positive that's happening in the UK at the moment; education, transport, crime, the list goes on and on on...

And I've not even mentioned the 'B' word...

About a year age i would have agreed with you. After my Dad suddenly passed away in his sleep just before Christmas 2017 only 2 months after retiring (he was 80) I was very angry at the world, especially as he hadn't had the time to enjoy life without the stress. With that in mind, I vowed to start doing my "bucket list" while I had both the means and the "marbles".Then in March 2018, one of my good friends gets diagnosed with Stage 4 brain cancer! Jeez what else? and again you start thinking isn't life shit! But so far he has survived chemo, radiation and steroids and seems to be resisting. Last week he sent me an email in which he said the following.."Everyday is a gift and moving forward I no longer look at things that “need” to be done, or “have” to be done. Instead, I look at these same things through the lens of things I “get” to do. It keeps a giddy in my step and smile on my face. You should try it."
Wise words indeed.
Now I have a different outlook, (as others have said), enjoy the stuff you can control and don't worry about what you cannot.
Whats the view like from the tree?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here