Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Leicester City vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
That's nonsense. Murray's finishing has been clinical the last couple of seasons. That's what makes his misses tonight so inexplicable. I love him to bits, but I'm afraid he cost us a point tonight and he will know that more than anyone.

I look forwards to us seeing the 50 year old Murray take to the pitch.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
He can't do much about ineptitude, I agree but it does beg the question "What the feck do they do at Lancing every day"? We look a poorly coached side. That might be down to Hughton or the team he has surrounded himself with. Or both.

Oh come on, Murray has been fantastic for us since coming back, you can hardly say Lancing has fooked him up. He's having a lean spell and had a shocker tonight, but you can't tell me thats down to bloody Lancing.

In your opinion. 1 win in 3 months with £120m worth of talent at his disposal supports my opinion.

But who is it who continues to pick Murray in every single away match despite his record of 5 goals from open play in 32 away appearances. Murray is an utter irrelevance to every single PL defence as a lone striker in our system yet we see this fruitless exercise played our week after week. He had a freak half at Fulham, other than that he’s been shocking away from home all season.

Football isn’t won by long periods of possession and approach play. It’s won by being ruthless in both boxes and having the mentality to be professional for the full 90 minutes. All I see when I look at our squad is a bunch of players who don’t fear the manager and are happy to serve up mediocre, risk-free football that gets us nowhere. It’s time for a new approach this summer in my opinion.

The performance tonight wasn't "mediocre, risk-free football". It was swift, dominant and inventive for long spells, but was rendered irrelevant because our primary striker, and Duffy, had absolute shockers in front of goal. I fear if you are actually expecting us to dominate for 90 minutes and be utterly ruthless in front of goal, you might just be watching the wrong football club. Because in the Premier League, we are not quite a Man City just yet.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
FFS I'm not a ****ing child I don't piss my pants and honestly that is a w*nky tosser expression. I'm a grown up who has expressed a view, may not be yours but guess what one of us will be right. If you are all good, look forwards to yet another relegation battle next year.

You certainly didn’t express your grown up opinion, in a very adult manner. I think he can be forgiven for thinking of a toddler tantrum, in fairness.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Too many fans obsess about managers. Arsenal fans moaning to get rid of Wenger, where are they - exactly where they would have been under Arsene. Southampton and Huddersfield big impacts from their changes? Not really. Why? Because the players play football, they make mistakes, they score goals. What do they do at Lancing, probably work they're bloody socks off to be better. Sometimes a manager does make a difference when a dressing room has completely gone like at OT, but it isn't often. It comes down to the strength of your squad. We're on a bad run, most sides have them, we're having ours right now. Does it end Saturday, lets hope so because a single win and the entire club will be feeling a lot better.

From what i have seen we have actually been playing pretty well. Is it the old 'forgotten how to win' adage? I don't know but I agree that a change of manager is not the answer for us.

On that subject if we do decide to go the Big Sam route then my love of all things Brighton will be tainted.

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
It was clear from the beginning he didn’t have the touch for this league. I can’t remember if it was Barnet or Coventry being his first game but I knew then, even though he scored, that he was pony!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

His free kick from 30 odd yards was laughable, but why was he allowed near the ball ? Dunk a way better option if a shot felt worthy.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Bar the first 15 minutes we did alright. we lost, but we did alright.

Looking forward to the cup game(s).

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I don't agree with any of that. We've had bad luck a plenty and deserve a break.

Really? You don’t think just a few of those 1 nils were just a bit lucky? How is it people cite a shortage of luck when descending? No, think you’ll find the real reason we’re in a mess is poor tactics and ability at this level. We try our best but it’s clearly not good enough. Nothing wrong with that or saying that, unless you try to defend it’s not the case using spurious claims like the absence of luck.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
He can't do much about ineptitude, I agree but it does beg the question "What the feck do they do at Lancing every day"? We look a poorly coached side. That might be down to Hughton or the team he has surrounded himself with. Or both.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

What made me think that we look a poorly coached side was seeing Duffy shooting from a ridiculous position 40 yards out. I mean, wtf was he thinking!?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Bar the first 15 minutes we did alright. we lost, but we did alright.

Looking forward to the cup game(s).

We are always alright, close, near...in other words not quite this level. Which is why we’re going down and stand a decent chance of coming straight back up all things remaining as they are of course. Which won’t be the case obviously

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here