Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Leicester chairman helicopter crashes in car park

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Absolutely dreadful. I'm no fan of helicopters, if anything goes wrong there is no plan B.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Who was the wealthy guy in the 80's (poss 90's?) that was rumored to be taking over at Albion before being killed in a plane/helicopter crash?

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Absolutely dreadful. I'm no fan of helicopters, if anything goes wrong there is no plan B.

I'm told that's not strictly true but it all depends on what has gone wrong. In any case, let's hope TB never goes near one.

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
On the Sunday supplement they have said it's been confirmed that the Owner, his daughter and two pilots were on board along with one other as yet unidentified person.

¡Cereal Killer!

Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Sep 13, 2003
Somewhere over there...
Very sad, didn't really know much about the guy but hearing stories about his generosity and how much he did, not only for Leicester as a football club, but for the city and the community just proves that not all foreign owners are bad.
Hopefully whoever takes over will continue his legacy.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Awful news for Leicester City FC, my thoughts are with them.

I hope to god Merson learns how to say the chairman's name properly, otherwise it could be embarrasing.

half time scores

Mar 19, 2012
Lounging-on-the-chintz
I'm told that's not strictly true but it all depends on what has gone wrong. In any case, let's hope TB never goes near one.

You have been advised correctly, if the engine stops then they go into autorotation, sadly from eye witness reports I have read it seems to be a tail rotor problem on this occasion.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
I have no idea why the media can not confirm that there are no survivors, which surely is the case.

Awful tragedy for the family that produced a sporting miracle, and were very generous to the local community, apparently.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I have no idea why the media can not confirm that there are no survivors, which surely is the case.

Awful tragedy for the family that produced a sporting miracle, and were very generous to the local community, apparently.

I'll guess it's because they don't know how many have died.
Do it once do it properly, no need to rush something like this.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington

Having spent a large amount of my working life (1991 to 2012) flying out to various North Sea Installations I can say helicopter flights were by far the worst bit of the job.

They really don't have a crash landing mode where you are likely to get out safely unless you are going very slowly indeed, very close to the ground. And even then you have to be lucky.

We used to do the HUET training as part of the Offshore Survival but it was not going to happen in reality, especially given how the North Sea was most days.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Trying to remember back to 89, how long were Liverpool granted “off” to grieve before playing again. Was it a month? Today’s monetary pressures will surely mean a shorter term. It’s a shame the Int.break has just gone because the whole of Leic will need time to process and come to terms with this tragedy too before games resume: board, players and fans

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here