Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Sussex v Glamorgan (Day/Night) 22 July 2018 County Championship Div 2

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Just a reminder that this is a day/night game starting at 2pm.
I was planning to get on a 9.30am train until I spotted it was a pink ball game!

From the Sussex CCC website:

Sussex have made one change to their squad for their day-night Specsavers County Championship match against Glamorgan at The 1st Central County Ground that begins today (Sunday 22nd July).

Tom Haines comes into the 13-man squad that travelled to Cheltenham ahead of the thrilling win against Gloucestershire that finished on Thursday. Luke Wright is rested.
After taking 21 points from that 28-run victory, Sussex have leapfrogged Leicestershire into third place in division two and now sit 13 points behind Kent in second.
A number of Sussex players reached personal landmarks during the fixture. Jofra Archer’s match figures 8-91 took him to 100 career first-class wickets in just his 22nd appearance and Ben Brown’s 79 runs took him past 6,000 career first-class runs.
David Wiese is now just one wicket away from his 300th in first-class cricket, Brown needs three catches to reach 300 in first-class cricket and 43 runs for Ollie Robinson will take him to 1,000 in first-class cricket.

Sussex Squad:
26. Ben Brown (capt. & wk)
22. Jofra Archer
18. Will Beer
21. Danny Briggs
5. Michael Burgess
6. Harry Finch
20. Tom Haines
8. Chris Jordan
9. Delray Rawlins
25. Ollie Robinson
28. Phil Salt
31. Luke Wells
96. David Wiese

Glamorgan:

Glamorgan have slipped to the bottom of division two after Gloucestershire’s bonus points from Cheltenham saw them sneak ahead of the Welshmen.
Glamorgan’s sole win in the competition so far came against Gloucestershire in their opening fixture. They have lost four and drawn two of their subsequent matches.
Usman Khawaja has only played three Championship matches for the county, but is their leading run scorer in the competition having made hundreds in each of those fixtures. He is not scheduled to play any further four-day cricket for Glamorgan, however.
That leaves Academy graduate Jack Murphy as their top scorer, with 368 runs from his 13 innings so far.
Timm van der Gugten is Glamorgan’s leading wicket taker with 26 scalps. Michael Hogan is close behind on 24.

Match Details & Coverage
Play gets underway at 2pm on all four days of the match, with the close scheduled for 9pm. Tickets will be available to buy on the gates, which open at 12.30pm. Entry will be free from 7pm or at the tea interval, whichever is earlier.

Supporters unable to make it to The 1st Central County Ground will be able to follow the match via the Sussex Cricket Match Day Centre. This includes a live stream of the match, a live scorecard, live statistics, text commentary via the [MENTION=23532]Sussexcc[/MENTION]C twitter feed and a link to BBC Sussex’s ball-by-ball audio commentary.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Re Luke wright,

‘rested’ is polite speak for ‘dropped’, right?
——-

So line up is
Salt
Wells
Haines
Finch
Burgess
Brown
Wiese
Jordan
Archer
Robinson
Briggs

If so, it’s a Fresh look to the top order.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
It will be interesting to see how many people are still watching at the ground after about 7pm on a Sunday night.
Hopefully they may get a few more people turning up after work on Monday and Tuesday.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
It will be interesting to see how many people are still watching at the ground after about 7pm on a Sunday night.
Hopefully they may get a few more people turning up after work on Monday and Tuesday.

Probably about three.

I really can't see the point of day/evening Championship games. It won't be dark by 9pm so they are just playing in twilight.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003

I'm heading down there at 7.

Couple of hours of free cricket when it's cooled down a bit, one (or two) pints, suits me.

Jul 7, 2003
Re Luke wright,

‘rested’ is polite speak for ‘dropped’, right?.

I think in this case it is rested. With his injury issues over recent years and the number of games he has played recently, it makes sense to give him a few days off. Also, where he doesn't bowl these days, probably gives the team a bit more balance.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
114 for 1 at Tea

Club has said Wright being rested for the T20 games.

Wells has struggled but hopefully will push on now he has lasted the session. Salt looked set and not in trouble at all until he got himself out. Haines has looked very solid and I like his patience so far.

Lindfield23

Dec 14, 2016
So many soft dismissals today:nono:

erkan

Dec 9, 2004
Eastbourne
Brown gone for 49. 254-7.

Hard to tell what the pitch is like but definitely not a road.

Ceej gone too. 254-8.
bd1858335a928757823ddf27711e6924.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here