Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Lucky not to have VAR

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Lucky? I'd say we were unlucky. I mean, we destroyed them when we only had ten men. We had to struggle through with 11 which meant it was tight affair.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
You have been watching it frame by frame, haven't you?

But would you agree both players showed their studs?

Do you think Knockys will be called up in front of the FA then?

Too late given a yellow.

Ref felt both players went in whole-heartedly, whoever didn’t get to the ball first, was likely to receive a booking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
They both had their studs up, it just unfortunate Knockys makes the public see it as a worse tackle because where it landed, i would have booked them both for showing studs.

Completely agree Mouldy, both went sliding in early in the game, both should have been booked to stem their 'enthusiasm' Knocky should have feigned injury that would have put the opposing players tackle into the equation. Never a red card IMHO

smillie's garden

Am I evil?
Aug 11, 2003
If VAR had been used today, Knocky would have been sent off. He aimed his kick straight at the Palarse player's balls. Great shot, deserves a bonus point.

Ah, it was just an affectionate tap on les oeufs from the tricky, Gallic winger.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Would it have gone to VAR, was it a clear and obvious error to only show Knocky a yellow card? You can make an argument it was a red card and we've seen them given but equally we've seen them only be yellow card decisions many times too.

It wouldn't have got him in the goolies if he hadn't been low to the ground, sliding in feet first too! Knocky's foot wasn't even up to knee height!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
If VAR had been used today, Knocky would have been sent off. He aimed his kick straight at the Palarse player's balls. Great shot, deserves a bonus point.

And we would have had a pen (Duffy).

It's coming. Get over it :thumbsup:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I'm sure there's an easy-to-find joke about the Palace player's tackle in here somewhere - but I can't quite think of the best wording for it.....

How very ****ing dare you.

:rant:

:lolol:

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park

Would have been unfortunate. Knockaert picked Milivojevic, the only Palace player with a pair or balls today

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
Both players went in with feet up and one made contact yellow was correct decision

Thought knocky said he spoke with ref at HT and ref had said it was all about whoever got to the ball first. Which ever player was second was going to get a yellow.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Completely agree Mouldy, both went sliding in early in the game, both should have been booked to stem their 'enthusiasm' Knocky should have feigned injury that would have put the opposing players tackle into the equation. Never a red card IMHO

Yeah the Palace players reaction was as though he’d been badly hurt but didn’t take long to be up and running and looking to be fouled again after the booking. AK should have matched the Palace players reaction....sadly.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Yeah the Palace players reaction was as though he’d been badly hurt but didn’t take long to be up and running and looking to be fouled again after the booking. AK should have matched the Palace players reaction....sadly.

He also seemed to be clutching his shin, not higher up.....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here