Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Tories getting very riled by JC talking sense in the Commons.

laughing-gif-meme-4.gif

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Yet another Brexit success for the NHS!

[TWEET]1090262325804691457[/TWEET]

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

I'm no fan of Corbyn, but he was. In particular, the Tory front bench kept shouting at him to give way when he has no obligation to do so. Fair enough if the Tories hadn't already cut an hour from the debating time to make a statement that could have been made at any other time. Brexit is a Tory mess, not Corbyn's fault.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
It's just a bit of a problem if you've already retired to an EU country, have seen your fixed income in the shape of your pension fall since 2016 and now have to find the money to fork out for health insurance that was previously covered by The NHS, because the rug has been pulled from beneath you, particularly as not everyone retired abroad is wealthy.

They are most certainly not all wealthy. My old neighbour retired to the Costa Blanca in 2005 and is now in poor health and has been in a right state about the no deal threat. What would he do?

I guess some Brexiteers will say he a traitor for moving away from the UK to retire abroad.

The reality he is an EU Citizen and has been abandoned by this government, they just don't care

Last edited:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
One of the creeping trends of the last ten years, massively amplified and hastened by this Brexit nonsense, is that nobody seemingly cares about the "reasonable" MPs anymore. All we ever hear from are the firebrands, the nutters, the weirdos and the demagogues. Think about it, who do we see? Whether it's the ERG lot, or Corbyn's inner sanctum, or whoever. We don't see much of Hilary Benn, or Phil Hammond, or any of the others. Presumably because they aren't going to say something outrageous, therefore nobody wants them on the TV.

Most MP's are sensible and have gone into the parliament for the right reasons. Somehow Brexit has made clueless ERG backbenchers like Doris, Bridgen and Mogg box office

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I'm no fan of Corbyn, but he was. In particular, the Tory front bench kept shouting at him to give way when he has no obligation to do so. Fair enough if the Tories hadn't already cut an hour from the debating time to make a statement that could have been made at any other time. Brexit is a Tory mess, not Corbyn's fault.

Amusing to see Keir Starmer having to advise Corbyn on what the Labour nebulous Brexit policy currently is when he had to answer a serious non planted question/intervention. The current situation/ deadlock is partially due to Tory negotiating incompetence but also the parliamentary arithmetic (70% Remain parliament) and the usual all parties putting party before country.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Amusing to see Keir Starmer having to advise Corbyn on what the Labour nebulous Brexit policy currently is when he had to answer a serious non planted question/intervention. The current situation/ deadlock is partially due to Tory negotiating incompetence but also the parliamentary arithmetic (70% Remain parliament) and the usual all parties putting party before country.

Well yes. I was just pulling you up for laughing when someone suggested Corbyn was talking sense, because he was. As for your analysis, well you're far too forgiving to the Conservative party again. They put this referendum in their manifesto and carried it out without carrying out anything remotely like due diligence for if leave won. Since then it has been one shambles after another, they've had two years and have been useless in all that time. Now apparently you're happy to apportion some of that blame to "all" parties putting themselves before the country. Er, I don't think so, fella.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
They are most certainly not all wealthy. My old neighbour retired to the Costa Blanca in 2005 and is now in poor health and has been in a right state about the no deal threat. What would he do?

I guess some Brexiteers will say he a traitor for moving away from the UK to retire abroad.

The reality he is an EU Citizen and has been abandoned by this government, they just don't care

It was quite often the elderly in poor health who went to Italy and Spain because the climate is kinder to them.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Sometimes there asking for it and a good rite hander does the job as talking is for tobies

Regards
DR

Sigh. I know you're a parody account but sometimes it's best just to keep quiet.

Indeed. And of course the point of a parody account is you should be at least mildly ..... well ..... amusing. 0/10 for El Pres this time !

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Well yes. I was just pulling you up for laughing when someone suggested Corbyn was talking sense, because he was. As for your analysis, well you're far too forgiving to the Conservative party again. They put this referendum in their manifesto and carried it out without carrying out anything remotely like due diligence for if leave won. Since then it has been one shambles after another, they've had two years and have been useless in all that time. Now apparently you're happy to apportion some of that blame to "all" parties putting themselves before the country. Er, I don't think so, fella.

Someone is usually viewed as 'Talking sense' when they mirror our opinions. Yes the Tories were elected to government on a promise to have a referendum which they delivered on. Agree they were not expecting or prepared for the 'wrong' answer and what has followed has been lamentable but there are other factors.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Indeed. And of course the point of a parody account is you should be at least mildly ..... well ..... amusing. 0/10 for El Pres this time !

The best parody account is Dr No (unless you're counting the genius that is crodo).

This one is complete shite - totally unfunny. For a start has anyone even seen the real ppf use "toby", which is something this tedious version says in EVERY post. Boring.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Someone is usually viewed as 'Talking sense' when they mirror our opinions. Yes the Tories were elected to government on a promise to have a referendum which they delivered on. Agree they were not expecting or prepared for the 'wrong' answer and what has followed has been lamentable but there are other factors.

Yes, "other" factors, but the big one is the complete and utter mess that the Tories have made through every step of the process. Christ, they were too arrogant to even canvass the opinions of Labour and others until it was FAR too late and yet they pathetically seek to blame Corbyn for not talking to them. That in itself isn't great, but this is entirely down to the government of the day, end of.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Yet another Brexit success for the NHS!

[TWEET]1090262325804691457[/TWEET]

Hmmm ..... which begs the question how Operation Stack effects the NHS ?? After all, it never has before. How EXACTLY does parking dozens, hundreds or even thousands of lorries on a motorway in anyway prevent the NHS from taking blood from donors ?

D

Deleted member 22389

Not picking holes, but Isn't this the responsibility of the Spanish government to provide settled status to EU citizens over there like we have here. My mum now has settled status here which means she can continue to access services.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Hmmm ..... which begs the question how Operation Stack effects the NHS ?? After all, it never has before. How EXACTLY does parking dozens, hundreds or even thousands of lorries on a motorway in anyway prevent the NHS from taking blood from donors ?

Maybe the roads will be too busy to get the blood to where it has to be in time ???

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
The best parody account is Dr No (unless you're counting the genius that is crodo).

This one is complete shite - totally unfunny. For a start has anyone even seen the real ppf use "toby", which is something this tedious version says in EVERY post. Boring.

Hate to come over all Triggaaar but

sounds like too many toby's, screaming for a police man types
regards
DR

what a Toby:facepalm:
regards
DR

TO MANY TOBY'S, THAT'S WHY
regards
DR

:wink:

And another vote for Crodo

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

You think that the NHS blood service are also in on the 'project fear' conspiracy :eek:

Just wait until you see who else is part of the 'project fear' conspiracy over the next few weeks. At the current rate you realise we are going to get to the point soon where the only people who aren't part of the conspiracy will be you, cunning fergus, melias shoes, JRM and a small snail from Winchester called Gerald

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here