Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Half and Half Scarves

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Heard tales of people that live locally but don't support Albion buy membership at start of season for sole purpose of going to see "their" team when they visit.
I'm not sure what the points system and membership is like but I'd be surprised if anyone could get a ticket waiting for one certain game when you only have about 2k tickets available.
Just doesn't seem possible !!

s5.bha

Aug 3, 2003
The photo put up on @officalbhafc instagram yesterday of a fella and his son outside the ground wearing them was a tad embarrassing...........seems the replies made them take it down !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
I'm not sure what the points system and membership is like but I'd be surprised if anyone could get a ticket waiting for one certain game when you only have about 2k tickets available.
Just doesn't seem possible !!

Prepare to be surprised then! Anecdotally I've heard of a Chelsea fan and a Liverpool fan that live locally that got tickets for the respective teams at the Amex by doing that. Obviously wouldn't work for everyone but definitely goes on. Like it would at all premier league clubs.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Heard tales of people that live locally but don't support Albion buy membership at start of season for sole purpose of going to see "their" team when they visit.

They do, fact. I have near neighbours and mates who are separately Newcastle and Spuds fans, all of whom are Bronze members, simply to buy the one Amex ticket per season. £60 all in to watch your beloved club is a bargain compared to the prices touted on Craigslist etc, or to go corporate for a match.

An easy process to buy, simply diarise to buy online the day the particular tickets go on sale to Bronze members.

Separately, loads of ManU/Spuds half’n’half scarves on show at Wembley today in the home sections.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Exactly. I too was in ESU, and in fact did see one lady with such a scarf. We are all different, admittedly, with all our various obsessions, but I really do struggle to see why people get so irate about this.
Exactly. It's one the best aspects of being in the Premier League and I'm building up a personal collection.

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Exactly. It's one the best aspects of being in the Premier League and I'm building up a personal collection.

If you see any Crystal Palace/Brighton ones give me a shout.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Prepare to be surprised then! Anecdotally I've heard of a Chelsea fan and a Liverpool fan that live locally that got tickets for the respective teams at the Amex by doing that. Obviously wouldn't work for everyone but definitely goes on. Like it would at all premier league clubs.

ive heard many on trains or pubs say "we got a result" or similar, referring to Liverpool/Chelsea/Tottenham. some people just like football and go along to the nearest club, while support their family/childhood alligance.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
I similarly don't understand why people get so annoyed.

For me there are a beautiful celebration of togetherness.

Not sure whether you are joking or not!

In case you're not, you do realise that these scarves are unlicenced, unregistered and are sold by p*keys. They take money away from the club.

Apart from that they are totally naff IMO. If you support BHAFC then buy and wear a BHAFC scarf

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
I actually meant Brighton Station. You can't move for the scarf sellers when a top 6 side is in town.

I believe that they are not registered street traders but the council seems unwilling to take action.

getreal1

Aug 13, 2008
So encouraging to see so many in the home end today.

At a time when the country is so divided it brought a tear to my eye that so many fans can cross divides through the medium of knitwear.

Do you think it will catch on in Glasgow?

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011
This is my favourite half and half scarf-
untitled.png
I think the two halves compliment each other perfectly.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Not sure whether you are joking or not!

In case you're not, you do realise that these scarves are unlicenced, unregistered and are sold by p*keys. They take money away from the club.

Apart from that they are totally naff IMO. If you support BHAFC then buy and wear a BHAFC scarf

come back with that argument when the club sell them.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011

But they don't do they?! Although as Barber has shown, any nonsense is perfectly possible.

The club would surely then need to pay to licence the name and logo of the opposition club. The p*keys would therefore always be able to undercut the club as they only have the cost of producing their quality gear.

I just can't get my head around why any BHAFC fan would want a half 'n' half scarf. Maybe I could understand why a Div 2 or non-league fan might want one if they got drawn against a PL giant in the FA Cup...........but only maybe............

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Club needs to be far more AGILE to see off the looky-likeys with a superior quality competitively priced OFFICIALLY LICENCED h&h product of their own. Be more proactive basically, else lose out on the revenue.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here