Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
All the EU countries are members of interpol, along with 167 other countries around the world that are not members of Europol.

No point in doubling down, money saved there straight away.

There will be no automatic European arrest warrants making extradition a lot harder. We didn't have to double down because as members of Europol, we were automatically part of Interpol.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
After Windrush and trying to get rid of legal British citizens, the Home Office has now come up with this.
Foreign nationals who are here legally, paying tax and NI, have to pay £200 extra a year to use the NHS. Fair enough maybe. Now the Home Office wants to double that. Many of the foreign nationals are working in the NHS itself which will explain why there are so many vacancies as they head home.

https://news.sky.com/story/home-office-doubles-charge-for-migrants-to-use-the-nhs-11601734

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[Tweet]1082558588063805440[/Tweet]

Loss of human life.

Loss. Of. Human. Life.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Eleven live investigations still going on looking into missing postal votes. I voted with a postal vote because I was on holiday in June 2016. Of course, the Tory government has turned down an investigation.

[tweet]1082430445281857536[/tweet]

Would that raised questions when 975,000 postal votes were never returned, and 144,000 were rejected? That’s more than 1 million votes.
https://twitter.com/Julesmadworld/status/1048720370042376194
4/17

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
There will be no automatic European arrest warrants making extradition a lot harder. We didn't have to double down because as members of Europol, we were automatically part of Interpol.

167 other countries in the world cope with a EAW, which whilst i accept has some advantages is not a protocol that cannot be replicated outside the EU. If the EAW (or similar protocol) is contingent on being an EU member, then i would say its a price worth paying to be out.

By taking back control of our border policy we should be able to restrict movement of criminals into the UK and therefore reduce the current foreign population in HM Prisons, running at approx. 14%.

Prevention is slways better than cure.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
167 countries including Brazil since 1986, who would not extradite escaped convict Ronnie Biggs. Spain have been members as long as we have, since 1956, yet it didn't seem to help any in getting hold of those who had escaped to the Costa del Sol, until we got the European Arrest Warrant. One of the failed London bombers of 2005 was returned to the UK under a European Arrest Warrant, in about 2 months. It took France 10 years to get a suspect for the Paris Metro bombings in 1995 extradited from the UK.
Think of the money saved by not having to spend 10 years in some other nations legal system to get your hands on a suspected terrorist.

If its a choice between effective border controls and the EAW (or similar) then i would take the former, the reality is that we can be out and implement an effective extradition treaty with the EU, if they dont want to do that then thats how petty they are prepared to be.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
167 other countries in the world cope with a EAW, which whilst i accept has some advantages is not a protocol that cannot be replicated outside the EU. If the EAW (or similar protocol) is contingent on being an EU member, then i would say its a price worth paying to be out.

By taking back control of our border policy we should be able to restrict movement of criminals into the UK and therefore reduce the current foreign population in HM Prisons, running at approx. 14%.

Taking back control is another mantra just trotted out willy nilly. The UK had the capability of controlling the migrants from the EU but chose not to do exit checks. EU citizens had to find work within three months and have health insurance.
We have passport control at every port and airport, as we are not part of Schengen.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010

How will that work?

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Oh dear,how sad,never mind.You are very free with the abuse.Strange you haven't called me a nazi-have you lot been told to stop using fascist?If you are as intelligent as you appear to think you are,you will know Interpol would be on the case in no seconds nothing.How would they get to Portugal?On the Windrush?Clown.

Very low. Racist.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Eleven live investigations still going on looking into missing postal votes. I voted with a postal vote because I was on holiday in June 2016. Of course, the Tory government has turned down an investigation.

[tweet]1082430445281857536[/tweet]

Would that raised questions when 975,000 postal votes were never returned, and 144,000 were rejected? That’s more than 1 million votes.
https://twitter.com/Julesmadworld/status/1048720370042376194
4/17

I had no idea that postal votes were processed by a private company, and pretty pissed off to find out that company has Peter Lilley on the Board, and one of the Tories biggest donors as it's largest shareholder. I read that since this company started assisting in Scottish council elections, Tories have made surprising gains.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here