Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Unnamed England player kicked out of nightclub for taking cocaine

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I smoked weed, baked it, ate it and even added it to yoghurt's when I was a student. I took a trip on a spacey cherry Ski back in the day - it was great fun. Some people say I'm still high.

Now I prefer my herbal infusions in a tea bag. Some people say, I've gotten old.

My brother had a coke phase, It created a rather annoying hyped up parody of the man I know and love. Thus I beheld him and decided to head for the fridge.

Man it's Ski time.

Great days indeed.

Yet times change... I left the gates of delirium behind me on my weary way down the slopes to the valley of thorns. I broke on through and beheld a view of pure serenity.

Time to resume my latest attempt to free the the captured gold miners of Fire Island and slay the lizard king once more.

Rather sums up why I never really got on with weed....always prefered drugs that speeded you up rather than slowed you down, although I always made an exception of opium. Now I too like a nicely infused cup of tea!!!

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
In the words of the late great Bill Hicks...

“All of you moralistic mother******s who bleat on about the “war on drugs”..the bad they cause and the evils therin...go home right now and get all your favourite albums, the Rolling Stones, the Beatles, The Who...take all those tunes that have inspired you, have guided and sustained you...and BURN THEM. Because, all the musicians that made them, were REAL f***ing high on drugs. Hell, the Beatles were so stoned they even let Ringo sing a couple of tunes”

I have a suspicion that drug use in the bands of the 60s is was over-exaggerated for publicity reasons, there were clearly some exceptions but anyone who knows anything about music will realise how difficult it is to play and compose music while off your face and to survive the rigours of touring and the constant pressures put on bands by record companies to keep producing hits. Some of the more prolific bands like the Beatles would never have managed all of the albums that they did if their drug use was out of control, as mccartney says in this article its "easy to overestimate" the influence of drugs on the Beatles' material.
"Just about everyone was doing them in one form or another. We were no different," he said.
"But the writing was too important for us to mess it up by getting off our heads all the time."
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/3769511.stm

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
In the words of the late great Bill Hicks...

“All of you moralistic mother******s who bleat on about the “war on drugs”..the bad they cause and the evils therin...go home right now and get all your favourite albums, the Rolling Stones, the Beatles, The Who...take all those tunes that have inspired you, have guided and sustained you...and BURN THEM. Because, all the musicians that made them, were REAL f***ing high on drugs. Hell, the Beatles were so stoned they even let Ringo sing a couple of tunes”

I know this is not a very popular idea. You don't hear it too often any more … but it's the truth. I have taken drugs before and … I had a real good time. Sorry. Didn't murder anybody, didn't **** anybody, didn't rob anybody, didn't beat anybody, didn't lose – hmm – one f"""ing job, laughed my ass off, and went about my day. Sorry. Now, where's my commercial?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here