Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

fanseagull

Dec 18, 2018
Whoosh..........You're both replying to the parody account. The clue is the the name - 'Pretty Plnk Fairy' for the parody v 'Pretty pink fairy' for the original, plus the fact it's postings are grammatically better and it generally makes far more sense in what it says.

Well spotted...... kippered up there! I was tricked by the typical inanity of the comment and failed to notice the mechanics were more accurate than the original is capable of!!!

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
You keep claiming a 'no deal' isn't possible yet never provide any evidence or logic to back up your claim.

Here is the exact same conversation with you from 15 days ago, where you asked me the same question as you had asked a few days earlier and I had already got bored with repeating the answer :shrug:

It's all here

http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?343854-BrExit-the-countdown-to-11PM-GMT-on-Friday-29th-of-March-2019&p=8706949&viewfull=1#post8706949

Last edited:

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Well spotted...... kippered up there! I was tricked by the typical inanity of the comment and failed to notice the mechanics were more accurate than the original is capable of!!!

Far more variety to the posts, less capital letters used mid sentence and very few inane, repetitive soundbites typed too, as well as a distinct absence of links posted to the Youtube channel of RT, The Daily Express website or the Twitter account of Leave Means Leave etc.

As Sir David Frost used to say - the clues are there.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Here is the exact same conversation with you from 15 days ago, where you asked me the same question as you had asked a few days earlier and I had already got bored with repeating the answer :shrug:

It's all here

http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?343854-BrExit-the-countdown-to-11PM-GMT-on-Friday-29th-of-March-2019&p=8706949&viewfull=1#post8706949

Note you avoided the rest of the post though ..... i.e. a Mystic Meg prediction ..... worried you can't fudge the answer to mean any outcome ?

GrizzlingGammon

Dec 15, 2018
So now that my racism is off the agenda,let us return to your offensive user name.Perhaps if you you changed it to sizzling gammon it would not be hate speech any more,and could just go back to being a 'normal' troll.

So, after all that you now agree gammon is not offensive. Thank you, we have cleared this up. Now let's get back on topic.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
Note you avoided the rest of the post though ..... i.e. a Mystic Meg prediction ..... worried you can't fudge the answer to mean any outcome ?

I assume that the fact that you have no argument with any of my 'evidence and logic' from a couple of posts up means that you agree we are not going 'no deal' on 29th March ???

So since we are now in agreement on that, onto your next question. Here's what she had to say in May last year

Still think we are heading for softest of soft negotiated Brexits, followed by the government not wanting to take responsibility for the economic implications of it, resulting in either second referendum or GE. (And of course, further extensions to membership all the while). At least we should find out the basics of what we are doing in the next 3 months, over 2 years after the vote. But as I said to Westdene Seagull, it's out of our hands, all we can do is wait and see what we voted for :angel:

MYSTIC-MEG_2882318b.jpg

But you've definitely caught her out as she certainly didn't think you would still be waiting to see what you voted for over 2 and a half years later :angel:

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I see Tim Martin, founder and chairman of JD Wetherspoon plc will be visiting these parts next Thursday, 10th January as part of his enthralling UK wide tour advocating a no deal Brexit in his pubs:

11am - The John Logie Baird in Hastings
2pm - The Cornfield Garage in Eastbourne
4pm - The George Inn in Littlehampton

This seismic news has made the Hastings Observer and Eastbourne Herald websites, but The Littlehampton Gazette must have something better to report on.

https://www.hastingsobserver.co.uk/...ut-the-benefits-of-a-no-deal-brexit-1-8755419

https://www.eastbourneherald.co.uk/...-to-debate-brexit-at-eastbourne-pub-1-8753809

(He should have gone to The Cliftonville in Hove to inspect [MENTION=1416]Ernest[/MENTION] 's sausage while he was down here.)

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
I see Tim Martin, founder and chairman of JD Wetherspoon plc will be visiting these parts next Thursday, 10th January as part of his enthralling UK wide tour advocating a no deal Brexit in his pubs:

This seismic news has made the Hastings Observer and Eastbourne Herald websites, but The Littlehampton Gazette must have something better to report on.

https://www.hastingsobserver.co.uk/...ut-the-benefits-of-a-no-deal-brexit-1-8755419

https://www.eastbourneherald.co.uk/...-to-debate-brexit-at-eastbourne-pub-1-8753809

(He should have gone to The Cliftonville in Hove to inspect [MENTION=1416]Ernest[/MENTION] 's sausage while he was down here.)

Thanks for the advance warnings...……….

fanseagull

Dec 18, 2018
Far more variety to the posts, less capital letters used mid sentence and very few inane, repetitive soundbites typed too, as well as a distinct absence of links posted to the Youtube channel of RT, The Daily Express website or the Twitter account of Leave Means Leave etc.

As Sir David Frost used to say - the clues are there.

True - and a bit of much needed light entertainment..... thanks for scrutiny! The stream of twaddle spewing out of many (not all) Brexit lovers on here was beginning to grate - but I am ready to laugh at their imbecility again!

Last edited:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
So, after all that you now agree gammon is not offensive. Thank you, we have cleared this up. Now let's get back on topic.

My 15 year old Nephew suggested over Christmas that the term Gammon should not only be applied to exclusively to male members of the population. With reference to his daily express reading grandmother he came up with the following:

G - groomed
A - and
M - manipulated
M - my
O - old
N - nan

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

It obvious a no deal would be a boom for Spoons, such places can only thrive in a deep recession. Do a good microwaved Gammon joint...

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
This award of contract is ridiculous, the company owns no vessels, does not have a licence to operate out of the ports it has been contracted to, and does not have the funding in place to secure the charter of suitable vessels. All it has going for it is a suitable name.[/QUOTE

First ferry to be named Delivery McDeliverooface.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
"SeaborneFreight chief exec previously ran shipping company which ceased trading, owing many hundreds of thousands of £s. The company denies the allegations."

I don't understand this. What does it deny? That the CEO ran another company? That it went bust? That it owed hundreds and thousands of pounds? Surely, all of that would be a matter of public record?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
This award of contract is ridiculous, the company owns no vessels, does not have a licence to operate out of the ports it has been contracted to, and does not have the funding in place to secure the charter of suitable vessels. All it has going for it is a suitable name.

I would have thought that if you wanted to implement a complete and utter fantasy, then these guys are superbly qualified :shrug:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here