Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] ManC fan punched & in critical condition

AnotherArch

Northern Exile
Apr 2, 2009
Stockport & M62
A lad at work went to Schalke on Wednesday. The injured fan is a 'mate of a mate'.
There was little segregation between fans in the dear seats and none in the cheap seats. (Like concourse at Fulham).
As said earlier, it apparently started with a female City fan being punched in the face.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Didn't someone on these boards say the other day that football needed to be a tribal & hostile atmosphere? This is exactly the reason it shouldn't be like that as you will always get morons who take that aggression one step too far. No place for that mentality anymore....its only a f****** game.
Hope the guy recovers with no long lasting effects.

There’s a couple of current NSC posters who do say that and bizarrely put Millwall thugs on some kind of pedestal. Pathetic.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Clearly worded it badly.

Not assuming anything, but what is being reported as a fight between two Man City fans and two Schalke fans it is probable that he was more involved in the violence than other people may have been.

Like I said, regardless of what happened, I hope he's alright.

......and then basically repeated it.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Clearly worded it badly.

Not assuming anything, but what is being reported as a fight between two Man City fans and two Schalke fans it is probable that he was more involved in the violence than other people may have been.

:ffsparr:

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Clearly worded it badly.

Even if the lad lead a charge of Cithe fans into them its a very sad state of affairs that he is in a bad way. Waking up with a black eye or broken nose is one thing but no one should go to a game of football and end up in a critical condition in a hospital bed.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
If you cannot see the whole quoted tweet, it was his sister who was attacked, not his girlfriend as first reported.

[tweet]1099042504987627525[/tweet]

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
If you cannot see the whole quoted tweet, it was his sister who was attacked, not his girlfriend as first reported.

[tweet]1099042504987627525[/tweet]

Awful circumstances, but lovely to see that help by both clubs. Roma donated €150,000 to the medical care of Sean Cox, who was attacked by their ‘fan’.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Agreed, so unlucky and a stark reminder we should be still be careful at and after football matches even in the relatively safe modern era.

giphy.gif

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Clearly worded it badly.

Just apologise and admit you are wrong insteas of trying to squirm out of it like the little weazel you are.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
There’s a couple of current NSC posters who do say that and bizarrely put Millwall thugs on some kind of pedestal. Pathetic.

Inadvertent I'm sure, but you actually put the Millwall pondlife on a pedestal by going on and on about how dangerous it will be going there on another thread!

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Clearly worded it badly.

It's not your wording. It's your assumption that because someone was involved in an incident at a football match they must be guilty of something. It's a reactionary, South Yorkshire Police type attitude.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
****ing hell

so the bloke called it wrong

call off the witch hunt

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
****ing hell

call off the witch hunt

Mmm....more than that. If you got run over on the way home from the pub tonight, and I, who don't know you, randomly offered that it was probably your fault, probably carelessly pissed, you know, your sort and that, it would be speculation and out of order surely?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
****ing hell

call off the witch hunt

The kind of attitude that shows disregard for bad luck, being in the wrong place at the wrong time, is often trotted out here. It's particularly annoying if one has been on the end of a hooligan's behaviour for no good reason, even if in my case I was 'lucky' enough to only end up with minor injuries.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I remember crossing the Euston Road near Great Portland Street in 1980, and two skinheads were crossing towards me. One stands in front and says 'what do you think of the british movement?' and before I had chance to reply the other one had walked around behind me and punched me on the back of my head, just behind my right ear. Then they ran away.

Sadly I suspect both those blokes are dead now. See schadenfreude threads, passim.

But anyway, there are some gormless and nasty pieces of work out there. Cowards. I hope the latest victim makes a full recovery.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Inadvertent I'm sure, but you actually put the Millwall pondlife on a pedestal by going on and on about how dangerous it will be going there on another thread!

To me and the decent people of NSC (almost everyone who’s grown into an adult), their racist and cowardly fans are scum.

To a couple of posters, they’re heroes to be admired. “Top blokes” and all that. Embarrassing.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The kind of attitude that shows disregard for bad luck, being in the wrong place at the wrong time, is often trotted out here. It's particularly annoying if one has been on the end of a hooligan's behaviour for no good reason, even if in my case I was 'lucky' enough to only end up with minor injuries.

A variation on the bollocks no smoke without fire. I’ve witnessed a few times over the years people sucker punched for no good reason. So called hard men make sure the odds are stacked in their cowardly favour.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here