Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Millwall FA Cup Quarter Final Confirmed as Sunday 17th 2pm on BBC (merged threads)

Jimmy Grimble

In what way ?
Numbers in the top tier will equal the allocation
Anything left over goes to tier two for a scramble and will probably all go
No different to any other high-demand game
Bigger shame is the allocation appears to be small - could have been a lot higher based on the capacity

The potential pool of people in bracket 2 just seems a bit too large to me.

I’m not bitter btw as I’m in the first bracket!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
The potential pool of people in bracket 2 just seems a bit too large to me.

I’m not bitter btw as I’m in the first bracket!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes.....big point spread, so potentially a lot scrambling for a few hundred tickets on Saturday morning......

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Yea Tony worked out the loyalty points system and its worked out that if everyone in the first tier buys a ticket thats it. Feel for you just missing out on first dibs, I'll just have to hope it goes to the third day.

Thanks but I'm not complaining (at the club anyway). It's not their fault we have a limited amount of seats.

I shall watch on telly with my mates, who all have similar points to me.

Good luck with your quest for tickets.

Jimmy Grimble

I have 360 points. However, the club have a strict algorithm in working out tier 1, 2, 3 etc. I believe it was devised by Tony B himself (but I could be wrong). It's all down to the amount of seats available.

2,100 isn't very much but it's out of our hands.

You’re the exact kind of person I would say it’s unfair towards. Hypothetically someone with around 80 less points than you (what’s that 6/7 games?) could get a ticket instead of you in an online scramble.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Millwall's ST holders can buy 4 tickets before the members get a chance to buy, not sure that's very fair. At least with BHA the ST Holders get 1st dibs (depending on loyalty points) before someone who is not a fan and may not have ever attended a game before gets their hands on a ticket, just because they know someone who is a ST holder.

This ensures those with banning orders can get tickets.
Millwall can say they sold to season ticket holders who get tickets for their mates who can’t have memberships due to the banning orders

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Yes & no (didn’t do WBA away). If I still fell outside then fair enough but yes. I know at least 4 fans that buy tickets for EVERY away and go to about 50%.... they’re playing the system, which is a flawed one.

No disrespect then....well actually, yes. Your mates are tossers. They're obviously in a financial position to buy tickets they chuck in the bin. And by doing so, they're wilfully and deliberately depriving fellow fans of tickets who WOULD go to the games, just so they can cherrypick the ones they can be arsed to rock up at.

Nice one.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
No disrespect then....well actually, yes. Your mates are tossers. They're obviously in a financial position to buy tickets they chuck in the bin. And by doing so, they're wilfully and deliberately depriving fellow fans of tickets who WOULD go to the games, just so they can cherrypick the ones they can be arsed to rock up at.

Nice one.

They’re not binning them, others are using them. I don’t think they’re making profit just pocketing the points.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
They are risking it, there were quite a few empty seats at Fulham that may have been the weather but I was expecting the club to do a harvesting check for that game. It obviously costs them to do a check so dont expect them to do every game especially if tickets are still available for a long time.

The fact that every gangway was full of fans in the top half of the stand and rows had more fans than seats suggests people didn't use their own seats, besides Fulham has an electronic system for ticket entry so I guess it wouldn't be too difficult if they were willing to share the data

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Far more harvesters tried to take advantage at Derby. Many empty seats in supposedly full stands. Still the club won’t add points for those so they wasted their money.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
So my ticket stub from Newcastle away in 1983 counts for nowt ? what sort of club is this nowadays bloody ! algorithms my arse .

My listening secretly under the covers on my old orange transistor, kept from my parents ears, has got to be worth a few points surely ?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
The fact that every gangway was full of fans in the top half of the stand and rows had more fans than seats suggests people didn't use their own seats, besides Fulham has an electronic system for ticket entry so I guess it wouldn't be too difficult if they were willing to share the data

The fact that the rain/snow came ahead of the game meant that many that had seats towards the front decided they didn't want to get cold and wet and moved to drier areas under the roof.
Maybe the club should look at CCTV footage of those at the front and reliving the Withdean experience and award bonus loyalty points to those that get soaked.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
They are risking it, there were quite a few empty seats at Fulham that may have been the weather but I was expecting the club to do a harvesting check for that game. It obviously costs them to do a check so dont expect them to do every game especially if tickets are still available for a long time.

depends where you were for Fulham but where I was it was rammed and a lot of people's seats were already occupied. I think a lot of fans moved from the front to avoid the rain and from the 'neutral zone' to get in with main lot of Brighton fans.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Here we go again, the usual 'I was at the cup final in 83 so I demand a ticket'. Yeh, and so was I but I was also at B'muff (4 times in 2 years), Burnley and all those other games no-one cared about. I'll be at Leicester next week where tickets haven't sold out yet. I'm on 442 LP's so stuff the lot of you.

EDIT Ha Ha, just noticed my Millwall ticket is only £12 for over 61's.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here