British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Not the first time this has happened in Canada

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Not surprised.I would imagine the twitter groupies had spread the original version around the universe.Bet they never say sorry for spreading porkies.Bit like the 'racist' attacks reported after the Brexit vote-the Polish one springs to mind,when it was a drunken family fight.

McTavish

Nov 5, 2014
You do follow what I said, and Bingo. MSM were all over it as it smeared Trump. If the other way round it wouldn't be as mainstream.

So why is it that the discovery that attack was apparently made up is much higher profile than the news of the original attack? I had not heard about the attack until the story that it was probably staged was one of the lead items on the BBC news.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
The MSM covered this without checking the credibility to tarnish Trump, and his supporters. If it was the other way round you wouldn’t of heard.

Complete BS. It was reported exactly the way anything would have been covered with the facts as they were known at the time. Coverage has been duly amended as more facts have become known. This is normal journalistic practice. How else would YOU have covered it?

Last edited:

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
So why is it that the discovery that attack was apparently made up is much higher profile than the news of the original attack? I had not heard about the attack until the story that it was probably staged was one of the lead items on the BBC news.

Might be higher profile news in the UK because he's been caught out in a really controversial situation. In the US they led with the original story and Trumps America all the way until this story got turned on its head.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
This just demonstrates how desperate people are to blame Trump for any racist incident. This is all part of the Democratic propaganda drive that is being sold to people.

There is nothing that Trump has said that could make people suddenly turn racist. You are either racist or your not and if anything it is the so called Democratic Alt Left who are instigating the divide and causing the trouble.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Might be higher profile news in the UK because he's been caught out in a really controversial situation. In the US they led with the original story and Trumps America all the way until this story got turned on its head.

If you are implying that the story has now just disappeared, you are talking bollocks. These are the first 3 news websites I just looked at:-

CNN.jpg

NPR.jpg

CBS.jpg

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
This just demonstrates how desperate people are to blame Trump for any racist incident. This is all part of the Democratic propaganda drive that is being sold to people.

Don't be silly, even the police at first though Smollett was the victim. Claiming this was anything other than normal reporting is just silly. Trump has set out to cover his stupidity by making out the media are out to get him, and unfortunately ridiculous stunts like this are jumped on by Trump fanbois to corroborate his nonsense. How would you have covered the story differently?

Oh, and Trump is a xenophobic racist either way.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
If you are implying that the story has now just disappeared, you are talking bollocks. These are the first 3 news websites I just looked at:-

View attachment 104863

View attachment 104864

View attachment 104865

I wasn't at all lol, the poster I responded to was saying they had no clue this attack even took place until it got found out as a fake attack, insinuating that this wasn't a big news story until then. I told them it was, this story has been all over US media since its beginning and is still everywhere, I didn't mean anything of the sort.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Don't be silly, even the police at first though Smollett was the victim. Claiming this was anything other than normal reporting is just silly. Trump has set out to cover his stupidity by making out the media are out to get him, and unfortunately ridiculous stunts like this are jumped on by Trump fanbois to corroborate his nonsense. How would you have covered the story differently?

Oh, and Trump is a xenophobic racist either way.

Prick :)

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I wasn't at all lol, the poster I responded to was saying they had no clue this attack even took place until it got found out as a fake attack, insinuating that this wasn't a big news story until then. I told them it was, this story has been all over US media since its beginning and is still everywhere, I didn't mean anything of the sort.

You said:-

In the US they led with the original story and Trumps America all the way until this story got turned on its head.

You are definitely implying the story is no longer a lead over here. It is.

PTC Gull

Micky Mouse country.
NSC Patron
Apr 17, 2017
Florida

This is correct. All you hear now is the media screeching to a stop and then doing a 180 and wailing how they have been embarrassed, duped and how this will effect hate crimes (er what?) homophobia etc. They seem to have gone into a meltdown. It will be the off the headlines in about 2 or 3 days and quietly forgotten. Some wag has suggested he should be up for an Oscar for his performance on Good Morning America when he was first interviewed about the "attack"

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
You said:-

You are definitely implying the story is no longer a lead over here. It is.

Ok, well I apologise for my poor wording because again, that isn't what I meant and I stated so in my last post, this story is everywhere right now in the US and I am 100% in agreement with you that it's everywhere.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
[TWEET]1099205526251020288[/TWEET]

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here