Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Millwall FA Cup Quarter Final Confirmed as Sunday 17th 2pm on BBC (merged threads)

Jimmy Grimble

The loyalty point brackets for this one are not exactly fair, are they?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
That’s still reasonable for such an occasion I think but fully accept that to some that’s too much. It’s the world’s oldest cup competition and one of the most watched events globally so I expect it to be more. By comparison a ticket to the Ashes is £150 [emoji2369]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any Six Nations game at Twickenham is the best part of £100 too. I've also paid £125 for tickets to a cricket world cup game in June

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

In what way ?
Numbers in the top tier will equal the allocation
Anything left over goes to tier two for a scramble and will probably all go
No different to any other high-demand game
Bigger shame is the allocation appears to be small - could have been a lot higher based on the capacity

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex

Not sure if you can gauge if its fair or not without knowing the allocation and how many fit into each tier bracket.
Its certainly a huge spread for 1st tier.

WTF is the allocation?

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
To add some perspective I’ve been with the family today to see The Lion King, matinee performance. Tickets ranged from £43.75 to £200. I settled for some reasonable tickets in the royal circle @£72.50 each. This is on 9-10 times a week!

Capacity: 2,100.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

I have 360 points. However, the club have a strict algorithm in working out tier 1, 2, 3 etc. I believe it was devised by Tony B himself (but I could be wrong). It's all down to the amount of seats available.

2,100 isn't very much but it's out of our hands.

Sue1983

Aug 15, 2018
Millwall's ST holders can buy 4 tickets before the members get a chance to buy, not sure that's very fair. At least with BHA the ST Holders get 1st dibs (depending on loyalty points) before someone who is not a fan and may not have ever attended a game before gets their hands on a ticket, just because they know someone who is a ST holder.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
What is IMO unfair is that the loyalty points scheme is over all competitions. Fair enough premier league but for me the cups should be separate.

Give priority to those who went to all of the cup games you mean? I take it you have been to all the games, including Bournemouth and WBA away?

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
So my ticket stub from Newcastle away in 1983 counts for nowt ? what sort of club is this nowadays bloody ! algorithms my arse .

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Give priority to those who went to all of the cup games you mean? I take it you have been to all the games, including Bournemouth and WBA away?

Yes & no (didn’t do WBA away). If I still fell outside then fair enough but yes. I know at least 4 fans that buy tickets for EVERY away and go to about 50%.... they’re playing the system, which is a flawed one.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Yes & no (didn’t do WBA away). If I still fell outside then fair enough but yes. I know at least 4 fans that buy tickets for EVERY away and go to about 50%.... they’re playing the system, which is a flawed one.

That doesn't indicate the system is flawed.

It shows that 4 fans you know are abusing the system and should be called out for it.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
In what way ?
Numbers in the top tier will equal the allocation
Anything left over goes to tier two for a scramble and will probably all go
No different to any other high-demand game
Bigger shame is the allocation appears to be small - could have been a lot higher based on the capacity

I am rueing my decision not to go to the Bournemouth cup game so I will miss out I think but perfectly fair. Also just realised its St Patricks day, dont they have to give us the allocation if we ask for it? I know there have been exceptions due to "safety" with a spat between Arsenal and Manchester United allocations with their cup games.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
That doesn't indicate the system is flawed.

It shows that 4 fans you know are abusing the system and should be called out for it.

The fact they can means it’s flawed. There are loads more doing it. I witnessed lots of he/she couldn’t make ticket exchanges at Fulham, the original purchaser would have happily still harvested the ‘loyalty’ points.
I’m not calling people I know out, not my style at all.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Millwall's ST holders can buy 4 tickets before the members get a chance to buy, not sure that's very fair. At least with BHA the ST Holders get 1st dibs (depending on loyalty points) before someone who is not a fan and may not have ever attended a game before gets their hands on a ticket, just because they know someone who is a ST holder.

We could do that for our home ties up to this point couldn’t we ? Millwall probably only have what, 5k ?? STHs so can do that for this game. If we were at home I reckon the club would have had an ST window for a day or two before opening it further.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
I have 360 points. However, the club have a strict algorithm in working out tier 1, 2, 3 etc. I believe it was devised by Tony B himself (but I could be wrong). It's all down to the amount of seats available.

2,100 isn't very much but it's out of our hands.

Yea Tony worked out the loyalty points system and its worked out that if everyone in the first tier buys a ticket thats it. Feel for you just missing out on first dibs, I'll just have to hope it goes to the third day.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
The fact they can means it’s flawed. There are loads more doing it. I witnessed lots of he/she couldn’t make ticket exchanges at Fulham, the original purchaser would have happily still harvested the ‘loyalty’ points.
I’m not calling people I know out, not my style at all.

They are risking it, there were quite a few empty seats at Fulham that may have been the weather but I was expecting the club to do a harvesting check for that game. It obviously costs them to do a check so dont expect them to do every game especially if tickets are still available for a long time.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
They are risking it, there were quite a few empty seats at Fulham that may have been the weather but I was expecting the club to do a harvesting check for that game. It obviously costs them to do a check so dont expect them to do every game especially if tickets are still available for a long time.

I don’t believe the club have ever done it. Made a song and dance after the Bournemouth league cup game and not heard a peep since.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here