Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] To avoid bed wetting - the staying up tracker - 2018-19 Game 36 update - 5 below

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Bookies still on our side:

Attachments

• 41B09969-1F0B-4F1C-9B9D-7B9FE998BED1.png
    41B09969-1F0B-4F1C-9B9D-7B9FE998BED1.png
    177.3 KB · Views: 478
Last edited by a moderator:

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
1 point from the next 5 matches... by the 19th Jan we could be in 17th and looking over our shoulders at Fulham, Huddersfield, Burnley and Cardiff.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
1 point from the next 5 matches... by the 19th Jan we could be in 17th and looking over our shoulders at Fulham, Huddersfield, Burnley and Cardiff.

Only if the PL decides to add a team to the league as some sort of bizarre Christmas gift - “...and now, just when you thought football couldn’t get any stranger, and in recognition of the intractability of the Backstop, we are proud to announce the immediate inclusion of Dundalk. We’ve placed them 16th, just to liven things up.”

:wink:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Fingers crossed, or else this place is gonna be proper Dullsville Arizona until the Summer transfer window gets thrown open.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Only if the PL decides to add a team to the league as some sort of bizarre Christmas gift - “...and now, just when you thought football couldn’t get any stranger, and in recognition of the intractability of the Backstop, we are proud to announce the immediate inclusion of Dundalk. We’ve placed them 16th, just to liven things up.”

No, it'll be Leeds. They are a big club and guaranteed promotion so why not do it now (before January when they implode every year).

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Why do so many people seem so 'up and down' all the time? 3 wins everything's fantastic, 3 defeats the sky has fallen in! I just think of where we were and where we are, sit (or rather stand) back and enjoy it ;)

It's just a small percentage of reactionaries that are louder then the rest, especially after bad results.
I'm sure most of us look at the bigger picture.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
So the while purpose of this tracker was to add back some realism to the inevitable bed wetting that comes with being in the Premier League. Disappointing though it is that we are on the run we are, it was also very predictable. Look at my first post. This was always going to happen.

The Premier League is a pretty predictable league at our level which is why events at the Etihad are all the more shocking!

However we remain 3 points ahead, targeting 43 points which will be very comfortably ahead of the bottom three. Still not a million miles from Europe either, but suspect that will change soon...

Happy Christmas.

Attachments

• Fixtures Game 18.png
    Fixtures Game 18.png
    52.5 KB · Views: 744
  • Graph Game 18.png
    Graph Game 18.png
    105.3 KB · Views: 758

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
And to be fair to that lot up the road they are now also 3 points ahead after their amazing win.

But we still beat them 3-1, with ten men (nine for the first goal) so stick that up yours. :)

Attachments

• Palace Game 18.png
    Palace Game 18.png
    105.9 KB · Views: 743

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It's just a small percentage of reactionaries that are louder then the rest, especially after bad results.
I'm sure most of us look at the bigger picture.

Interesting point. During the promotion season, when we were largely all drunk on sentiment and glory, there was much talk of 'if we go down immediately there is no way Hughton should leave, and he should be allowed to build again as Dyche has done'.....all love and loyalty. I think that although this season I can recall only one person calling for Hughton to be replaced (and it was if a sky full of shit then dropped on his head), there has been a constant drone about his negative tactics. This has previously been prefaced with the usual 'don't get me wrong, he's the man for the job' type stuff, but I'm seeing this less and less. I do hope this won't translate into padded seat wetting if the points dry up at home. Given this is a voluble football forum with any amount of scope for anonymous emoting, it seems that there is still a huge amount of positivity and understanding of where we are....which is good :cheers:

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
4 points above the tracker so on course for 44 points which will probably be about 10 more than we need (with our goal difference). Plus the tracker predicts us getting no points at home to Burnley! Suddenly life seems very rosy.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Interesting point. During the promotion season, when we were largely all drunk on sentiment and glory, there was much talk of 'if we go down immediately there is no way Hughton should leave, and he should be allowed to build again as Dyche has done'.....all love and loyalty. I think that although this season I can recall only one person calling for Hughton to be replaced (and it was if a sky full of shit then dropped on his head), there has been a constant drone about his negative tactics. This has previously been prefaced with the usual 'don't get me wrong, he's the man for the job' type stuff, but I'm seeing this less and less. I do hope this won't translate into padded seat wetting if the points dry up at home. Given this is a voluble football forum with any amount of scope for anonymous emoting, it seems that there is still a huge amount of positivity and understanding of where we are....which is good :cheers:

In fairness, I'm one of the ones who isn't so keen on his tactics (much prefer his tactics post-goal today rather than pre-goal), but I won't call for his head. I think he's a fantastic manager and has done incredible things with us, even if I'm not keen on the way he does some of those things at times. Most people, surely, can look at the bigger picture in this regard, especially those in the 30+ brigade.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
4 points above the tracker so on course for 44 points which will probably be about 10 more than we need (with our goal difference). Plus the tracker predicts us getting no points at home to Burnley! Suddenly life seems very rosy.

Tracker predicts no points against Man City either - so we should be fine!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here