Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Creative midfielder

Hendrax

Jan 23, 2013
Worthing
This surely is a must in January. I know we're doing well, but we have been riding some luck and scraping victories.

I think a ball playing creative midfielder like what shelvey is to Newcastle will complete the team.

Thoughts?

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Think we need to spend more dosh on quality players. We pretty much looked second best.

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
If we can find someone capable of passing the ball forward and to another Albion player then it’s a definite yes from me !

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
The last few weeks have shown us that we're badly missing Gross. We have depth in other areas but we need to have someone to step into his boots when he's not fit / unavailable.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Normally Grob in that role. Without him don’t have anyone who is composed on the ball when we go forward. Propper would have been an ideal option. Bissouma isn’t the answer he’s much more affective driving from deep and did that well once on today but isn’t the man to split defences with his passing. A 2nd option at 10 wouldn’t be a bad idea.
There is a difference in quality between us and Everton and you can see they have spend £150 odd million on the front 4/5 players.
We can only build slowly and add quality year on year. Stay up this year and we will spend bigger money on better quality player I’m sure

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Creative midfielder

This surely is a must in January. I know we're doing well, but we have been riding some luck and scraping victories.
It's been a must for some time! A Robson/Gerrard/Vierra type midfielder who can take control of and run a game. Won't come cheap........

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Having said Shelvey is a non goer who does anybody suggest as a possible in this country as obviously we do not know about players abroad much and who is doing what Whoever it is needs to be able to walk straight in to the side. What about Danny Drinkwater at Chelsea on loan as he cant make their squad and the other slight possibility Rueben Loftus- Cheek does.so he is out of the reckoning.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Just an idea, couldn't Solly March drop into central midfield, may be able to see a pass from that position :shrug:

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
Kayal is a more offensive creative midfielder than he gets credit for , however he is used as a defensive midfield and dont think he is a no.10 which is what we need. Gross is a great no.10 but is often asked to drop back deeper to support midfield and sadly he hasn't got the pace to do that and be the attacking no.10 link man.
I think Bissouma was signed for a duel role of def/mid and no.10 but he hasnt yet got up to prem speed. March isnt the answer & I dont think we have anyone who is as Knocky is prob too selfish & Ali J is as untested as Bissouma.

Trouble is a no.10 is almost as hard to find as a striker in the modern game unless you throw buckets of money at it.... if we had the money & wow factor Ramsey of Arsenal would do a great job but we def have zero chance of getting him in.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Midfield over run today, because they have very good players. March isn't right for number 10. AJ was dire and lost the ball endlessly. Kayal and Stephens did well enough, but had few options around them. Certainly need a ball winning and then rapidly creative midfielder. Very interested to see more of Andone though.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
We have needed a creative midfielder since ...........I dunno, have we ever had one???

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Midfield over run today, because they have very good players. March isn't right for number 10. AJ was dire and lost the ball endlessly. Kayal and Stephens did well enough, but had few options around them. Certainly need a ball winning and then rapidly creative midfielder. Very interested to see more of Andone though.

Would be nice to see Andone. Mind you he needs to be careful, conceding freekicks for removing your shirt, even if its an Everton defender doing it.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Having said Shelvey is a non goer who does anybody suggest as a possible in this country as obviously we do not know about players abroad much and who is doing what Whoever it is needs to be able to walk straight in to the side. What about Danny Drinkwater at Chelsea on loan as he cant make their squad and the other slight possibility Rueben Loftus- Cheek does.so he is out of the reckoning.

I agree with your sentiment and think if we are going to splash out it should be on a streetwise PL player in the mould of Sidwell, Barry, Will Hughes, Shelvey.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Sidwell retired
Barry 36 years old could he still do a job if we brought him home
Will Hughes would be ideal but unlikely as he plays regularly for Watford

The search must go on.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills