Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton to continue their involvement in the Checkatrade Trophy this season

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Full draw

http://www.stevenage.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=497381

Blackburn Academy U 21 not invited ? Blackburn first XI playing.

Unless you are wooshing everyone then why would Blackburn's Acadmey be invited when their first team are already in the competition by virtue of being in League 1 next season.

Bit odd that it's not the Charlton Athletic, Crawley Town, Portsmouth group as it is meant to be based on location

I think its geographic for League 1 and 2 sides but the drawing of the Academy sides was random.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
I guess there will be Albion fans who are anticipating spending the whole of next season in the bottom three places in the Premier League who will be happy to take the view that "I'm not taking this competition seriously, but I'm pleased we're in it, because at least it will attract youngsters to join our academy, and the future lies with youth".

I take a more simple view. If I'm watching any team play in blue and white stripes, I want them to win.

Even if they are called Hertha Berlin.

Huddersfield?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Stevenage away on Tuesday.

Will albion progress to the next round ?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Need a win and hope Oxford lose ( or draw and lose the penalty shootout, unless we win big ).

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Official Site :

"Brighton & Hove Albion return to Checkatrade Trophy action against Stevenage at the Lamex Stadium this evening, as an under-21 side look to progress to the knockout stages of the competition, kick-off 7.45pm.

Simon Rusk’s team can qualify from Southern Group G with a victory over their League Two opponents, but must rely on MK Dons beating Oxford United at the Kassam Stadium.

The Seagulls could still qualify with another result in the other Group G game, but would have to overturn a goal difference of at least four, meaning an MK Dons victory is the favourable option.

After losing their opening fixture 2-0 at Stadium MK, Albion came back from two goals down to draw 2-2 with Oxford at the Kassam Stadium, before winning the penalty shootout for an extra point.

Goals from James Tilley and Danny Mandroiu brought a young Seagulls side back into the game, but Rusk is expected to have a more experienced line-up at the Lamex Stadium tonight.

In the Premier League 2 Division 2, Albion returned to winning ways with a 1-0 victory over Southampton in Hampshire, but a first Premier League Cup defeat followed, as Hull City won 3-2 in Sussex.

Albion supporters can follow a live text blog from this evening’s game at the Lamex Stadium, with a match report being uploaded after the full-time whistle."

Baldock ? Goldson ? Kayal ? Murphy ? Skalak ?

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Will be making the short journey to see this tonight , would expect to see Connor and Beram feature again and perhaps the lesser spotted Murphy

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patreon
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I wanted to put a bet on James Tilley scoring first and anytime tonight but the bookies (the ones I've looked at) aren't doing goalscorer bets, only correct score and the double result.

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
Izzy Brown is going to be playing and then Schelotto, Uwe, Goldson, Murphy and Skalak are other potential options according to Naylor

http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/156...remier_League_is_a__nice_story_/?ref=mr&lp=10

Just seen the table and in the MK Dons/Oxford game, if they draw and Oxford win shootout, we're out. If they draw and MK Dons win shootout, we would have to win by 6 goals.

I can see some result fiddling so both MK Dons and Oxford go through

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Izzy Brown is going to be playing and then Schelotto, Uwe, Goldson, Murphy and Skalak are other potential options according to Naylor

http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/156...remier_League_is_a__nice_story_/?ref=mr&lp=10

Just seen the table and in the MK Dons/Oxford game, if they draw and Oxford win shootout, we're out. If they draw and MK Dons win shootout, we would have to win by 6 goals.

Indeed. A draw which Oxford win on penalties sees us out of the competition no matter what our result is.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Pretty poor if we play a more experienced team - the whole point is giving the youngsters match time against league opposition

Well if two or three first team squad players are coming back from injury, or badly need game time, then surely their needs must take priority. The bulk of the side will consist of under 21 players anyway.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

I know we all love to win, but is the result the most important thing in this competion? I would suggest that two of the more important things, are giving the younger players the chance to play in a more competitive environment, and simply giving the odd under used first team player much needed game time.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Well if two or three first team squad players are coming back from injury, or badly need game time, then surely their needs must take priority. The bulk of the side will consist of under 21 players anyway.

This.

And anyway [MENTION=159]Stumpy Tim[/MENTION] if we play a few decent players and that results in us getting through, that then gives the better youngsters MORE matches to play, rather than 11 nippers getting knocked out tonight :thumbsup:

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
And I thought The Lamex was a nickname for The Lancing training complex ha ha

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Good luck to anyone that got on at 6/4 this morning - now 8/13 :)

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here