Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Crunch time

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
If we go down he's the right man to take us back up, if we do stay up I actually don't think he'll be the manager in August.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Why do you people keep spewing out this nonsense about being the best man to take us back up? He has lost the plot and needs to go NOW. I wouldn't trust him to run a pub team right now and we're looking like one.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
This is the most balanced thread on the '' In v Out '' discussions and this is a very interesting post. One you wouldn't expect me to disagree ever so slightly on the point un bold above

You would all expect me to say this anyhow but the Managerial Position shouldn't even be in question. Brighton will not go down under CH - I have said it before and I stick to that claim. Not through blind loyalty but because I know his capabilities better than most.

The chairman dreamed of taking Brighton into the PL and he put in his own Millions to get them there. The Managers before CH, gave him no Return on his Financial Stake. CH has started to show him a financial return on his investment. Why would he put that at risk ?

The PL isn't easy and I shall now address the point in bold above

Look at the last January Transfer window. There was no further investment in player recruitment. If the Club had been in Relegation Trouble in December then I guarantee there would have been further investments. I don't know that with any certainty but one would guess that this was the case. The latest slumb in form has shown that to move on, then maybe the squad does need to be upgraded and the lack of goals scored and conceded must have highlighted this.

So as much as no one wanted it to be so ''hair raising'' as you mention. It must for sure show that to keep pace with teams around you then constant investment is necessary. What wasn't spent in January can now be spent in the summer.

You only have to read all the Rumours and Gossip on the BBC and Transfer websites. Just look at the transfer fees being quoted. You need to be spending Multi Millions just to ''tread water'' in the PL - Tony Bloom and Brighton can't do what other clubs can. The wealth of the bigger clubs simply isn't there yet. Once you are a Global Club and larger Marketing Investment arrives from overseas, then more finances come with that but it will only come by staying in the PL for more years. He deserves to get a Return on his vast investment over the last 10 years for all the Goodwill and Finance he has ploughed into the club.

The fans owe that to him to respect that. He continues to fund the Club to an enormous extent and to do that he has to continue to be in the PL - CH will keep Brighton there and he probably has faith in that. He is getting a Return on his investment now to a slight degree and his Club is playing in the best League in the world but ''Expectations'' need to stay in check because if you start to over-reach. As sure as ''eggs are eggs'', you can easily fall off the ladder, flat on your face.

Still convinced we won’t go down under CH?

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Still convinced we won’t go down under CH?

Yes - But it is not the right time for me to post in response to anything people posted in the last few days.

I want my response to be honest and balanced - Performances have been poor and I can concur with many peoples observations of the performances. However, I cant and won't criticise the Manager. I have too much respect for the work he has done taking the Club to where it is at now from the position I saw it at when I first started following and Supporting Brighton when Chris arrived at the Club

Some the comments, I just wouldn't respond to at all because I don't wish to discuss particular points, which for me are not appropriate to be addressed on a Public Forum.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here