Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There’s trouble at t’mill

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
So who are the two players conceding the goals? Both Duffy & Dunk went missing against Bournemouth
A pear of lemons.

You point to two games in which they crumbled. They’ve been outstanding for 95% of the season

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
When we were aiming for PL we signed a few with PL experience - Zamora, Murray, Rosenoir, Sidwell

When we got to PL we signed no one extra with PL experience

We also took a risk last summer replacing the likes of Sidwell and Rosenoir with far less experienced players

Bissouma could be the problem for all we know - was first down the tunnel on Saturday having clearly given up on the pitch when we were 2-0 down

Absolutely

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Heard from two independent sauces about rumblings of discontent in the dressing room. Players not talking to each other, senior players being ignored and a slow disintegration of our #Together team spirit. Not saying that CH should go, but something must change in the dressing room. IMO there is one bad apple spoiling the whole team. That's all it takes, one bad apple, and I don't think it is CH.

Is this your "bad apple" source ?

LN_034675_BP_11.jpg

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Heard from two independent sauces about rumblings of discontent in the dressing room. Players not talking to each other, senior players being ignored and a slow disintegration of our #Together team spirit. Not saying that CH should go, but something must change in the dressing room. IMO there is one bad apple spoiling the whole team. That's all it takes, one bad apple, and I don't think it is CH.

He's not a counsellor and can only use the cards he has been dealt. Eddie Howe on the other hand deals his own cards so he builds a direct line of communication with his potential signings and will be singing from the same page from day one.

Add on top of that the fact none of our signings since promotion have had any experience of scrapping it out in lower English divisions to learn their craft. There is simply not enough time to learn the English way in the Prem.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Leon Knight ?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
If it is Duffy at least we have one person prepared to question the shambles going on. I wouldn't argue with him and he has been the outstanding player for us this season, republic of ireland player of the season and second top goalscorer. Shane cares and I would much rather have that than the several players strolling around the pitch last night as if they did not give a toss anymore, Davy Propper

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Bring back Micky Adams.

Then it's Adam's apple.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
My guess is Shane Duffy and Lewis dunk have had enough of our underperforming fancy signings. Shane shouted at Bernardo last night on the pitch.

There were at least half a dozen instances of players shouting at each other just in front of us last night. Involved included Murray (as usual), March, Stephens, Duffy, Bernardo, Ali J...........and others I’ve probably forgotten.

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010

Now I heard something from someone as few weeks that at the time I brushed off as the usual bollocks talk, but that would make sense after seeing this if true. Here it goes and if you don't believe it then suck my hairy ones as I don't care.

Few weeks ago the team had a argument at training, Bissmouma was messing around taking the piss in a small match, this followed with some of the players putting in hard tackles and a big argument in the changing rooms.

Now I don know if these rumours are true but the players havnt been putting up as many videos of each other out and about socallising like they were at the start of the season so something seems to have changed. Can also see this on the pitch.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Well someone is consistently leaking the team a day in advance as our insider on here has been consistently correct. Interesting as it is to find out, it doesn't bode well.

Not hard to work out how the team gets leaked. Anyone doing the stadium tour would know how that’s happening.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Robyn (ex-TalkSport) had some theories on what might have gone wrong and someone said Duffy has become to big in the dressing room and intimidating to some of the quieter players.

I do wonder if by not having Bruno playing there has been a shift in the dressing room with no real leader

Your final sentence makes some sense. I've long thought that Bruno is the cement that holds it all together, and with Lewis Dunk being such a young captain, when Bruno isn't around the dressing room to dampen the disquiet what happens?

SollysLeftFoot

Mar 17, 2019
Bitchin' in Hitchin
You point to two games in which they crumbled. They’ve been outstanding for 95% of the season

It is quite simply so easy to blame the players, rather than the manager in this situation though. That's the irony of it, when Hughton is criticised people claim his critics lack 'long term vision'; but often forget our team was capable of producing results up until we changed from 4-4-1-1 to 4-3-3 and then stuck to 4-3-3 irrespective of our performances and results.

Players didn't just choose to play 4-3-3....

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Did Duffy shout at Dunk when he lost his man and misjudged his header for their 2nd goal then??

We need to man up a bit and grow a pear.

Don't be a plum!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here