Beetlejuice
The Nightmare Before Christmas
Edward Scissorhands
Sweeney Todd
Mars Attacks

No good films? Pffft.

colonies man

Jul 30, 2011
I rest my case.Nothing to get excited about there.I find with Burton it all gloss but not much else and like I said with Scissorhands they all lose that gloss if seen again.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Batman Returns
Beetlejuice
The Nightmare Before Christmas
Edward Scissorhands
Sweeney Todd
Mars Attacks

No good films? Pffft.

Quite

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I rest my case.Nothing to get excited about there.I find with Burton it all gloss but not much else and like I said with Scissorhands they all lose that gloss if seen again.

I saw ES last month and thought it was still magnificent

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

Fair play if it’s not your thing, I find Wes Anderson’s style irritating for example but to claim Tim Burton’s films are all gloss is ridiculous. He creates amazing worlds and populates them with brilliantly written characters and magical stories.
His sequel to his first Batman film, Batman Returns stands up as the finest Superhero film ever made, with perhaps the exception of the original Superman.
He’s not my favourite film maker by a long, long way but gloss? Nah.

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
I saw ES last month and thought it was still magnificent
I had my hair cut by ES this week - or rather, the guy that spent three months in a London hotel room with Johnny Depp training him up on hair cutting. In the end, despite Depp's apparent skill, all the close ups on hands in the film are the bloke I know who cut my hair. Not seen the film myself though!

Anyway, I digress...that's what happens when it's half term and mainly kids films (and films I've seen) in the flicks, and no midweek BHA games to think about!

colonies man

Jul 30, 2011
Stumbled into Fighting for/with my family,not sure which.One of those films that's not bad or that good.Has its moments and its flat spots.60/100

colonies man

Jul 30, 2011
Finally against my better judgement I got to see Green Book.Many of my friends had warned me about it but I thought give it a go before making a judgement.My friends were right.As a man of colour I found this film totally offensive.I can only assume that those who found anything good to say about this film have never walked in coloured shoes.A horrible movie 0/100.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Shazam. Vue, Eastleigh. Attendance 25. This is great fun and a different take on the Superhero character. All the actors were decent especially the main. Good baddies and some funny scenes. It had a simple charm. It is a yes from me. 78 out of 100

albion534

Mar 4, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
Finally against my better judgement I got to see Green Book.Many of my friends had warned me about it but I thought give it a go before making a judgement.My friends were right.As a man of colour I found this film totally offensive.I can only assume that those who found anything good to say about this film have never walked in coloured shoes.A horrible movie 0/100.

Isn’t saying coloured deemed offensive these days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
The Girl In The Spiders Web.

Forgive my review of a slightly older film but the cinemas are offering very little in the way of films for grown ups lately so I gave this a go on Prime.

I was very impressed. Foy is a great Lisbet Salander, supporting cast is terrific and a solid story connecting her to her past and the present. It's not going to win many awards, and indeed was slated somewhat upon it's release but I liked it. Great aesthetic, great action and a kick ass character to lead the whole show. The storyline is basic, trying to recover a computer programme that can take control of any nuclear launch system on the globe. Yeah, it's Rizla thin really but they do a great job and the plot is kind of superflous to the action and the back-story.
It's like a darker Jason Bourne film.
I really enjoyed it.
7/10

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
I saw mid 90s , great coming of age indie film, some fantastic performances by a first time cast. Highly recommended.

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
I enjoyed 'The Highwaymen' - Coster and Harrelson - Netflix- pretty low key but that's what I expected and it was a good watch.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I enjoyed 'The Highwaymen' - Coster and Harrelson - Netflix- pretty low key but that's what I expected and it was a good watch.

I saw that the other week. I'm a huge fan of Woody Harrelson and I like Costner but I thought this was very poor. The first thing I have seen Harreslon in I haven't liked for a long time.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
Saw "the mule" last night. Not outstanding, but well worth the watch. 7/10

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
If tension and minimal characters/dialogue akin to The Guilty or Locke is your bag, try Arctic. A cast of 3, one of which says nothing and the second about 5 words. Great stuff.

untitled.png

Brrrrrrrrr

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here