Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Comments from Chris in todays Argus

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
So no right to a personal opinion then, assuming because it doesn't fit in with your righteous view - if you had one? I think you should be doing what you so eloquently ask the OP.
Have an opinion by all means but have some perspective. If you're going to moan unnecessarily about one of our greatest managers ever pick up on one of the many things he can improve upon. Don't create bullshit agendas and attack the manager when there's literally nothing to see here

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I'll attempt to enlighten you, Chris isn't on the pitch, so the 'we're' is the proverbial we're, as in his team, his players. That would seem obvious enough to me. :shrug:

what has been said on numerous forums ......he aint on the pitch , he's not the one belting the ball into touch or genrally holding on for too long , he's not the one continuously turning attacking positions into risky back passes to matty so he can smash them into touch ......i think he needs to say tomorrow , ok you bunch of soppy ***** i don't give a flying **** about next weekend but we need at least 4 points from buff and taffy and if you let taffy beat you i am going to make you do a naked bus top tour through town .

next february

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Have an opinion by all means but have some perspective. If you're going to moan unnecessarily about one of our greatest managers ever pick up on one of the many things he can improve upon. Don't create bullshit agendas and attack the manager when there's literally nothing to see here

When you get idiots trying to literally 'bully' people away from an internet message board, I think it only fair to point out what a tit they are.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Disappointed not to read how good he thinks Bournemouth are :wink:

To be honest I’m not sure why anyone even bothers to read his pre match comments, they are pretty well always the same :shrug:

For example ( after most games ).........." they are a good side, full of good players ".....(always gets a cheer in the car going home )
" We knew their strengths and we worked on these during the week " ( did you?....well it didn't look like it on the pitch )
" I thought we asked them a lot more questions in the second half " ( what?....such as...." when are you going to let us have a shot on goal " and..." do you think we should make a substitute before 70 minutes " )..." Every game is different and we have to prepare right for every game. " ...." the lads have worked really hard this week and I am as disappointed as everyone else that they didn't get what they deserved out of this game "....etc....etc....etc...etc....( there are plenty more ' Hughtonisms ' )

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
here are the full comments:
via https://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/sp...be-just-as-good-as-last-year-for-albion-boss/

"[Staying up] would be as big an achievement (as last season) because we are still not at the level that three, four, five years in the Premier League allows you to be.
"We're still learning about the division, the highs and lows, up and downs, the performance gaps as such.
"We're still learning a lot about this division and that's why we are so desperate to make sure we stay in it."
We have made progress in the team and the way the team is playing.
"We've changed a system to what we predominantly played last season. Probably the true calculation is about where you finish and how many points you finish with.
"It's not a true evaluation because I think you can still finish on the same amount of points or less points and feel you've improved or developed as a team.
"It may just so happen the teams around you have been better.
"I think we have improved, certainly in some aspects of our play, but it's also about where we finish in the league and how many points we finish with."

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
For example ( after most games ).........." they are a good side, full of good players ".....(always gets a cheer in the car going home )
" We knew their strengths and we worked on these during the week " ( did you?....well it didn't look like it on the pitch )
" I thought we asked them a lot more questions in the second half " ( what?....such as...." when are you going to let us have a shot on goal " and..." do you think we should make a substitute before 70 minutes " )..." Every game is different and we have to prepare right for every game. " ...." the lads have worked really hard this week and I am as disappointed as everyone else that they didn't get what they deserved out of this game "....etc....etc....etc...etc....( there are plenty more ' Hughtonisms ' )

-our levels
-these are a good team
-I'm going to kick Smug Eddie's f***ing head in, the ****

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Out of interest, why have you chosen 64 prem matches to make your point, rather than the 69 games you’ve actually played?

Because losing to Man City and Leicester in our first two Prem ever matches meant we were 16th or below for 4 of those first 5 matches. I'd say many lessons were quickly learned in those 5 matches, and thereafter we can begin to be judged on whether we've grasped the ups and downs of the Prem.

Only dropping below 15th on briefly on 3 separate occasions - and one of those was on opening day this season vs Watford - shows we've consistently been in that third quartile.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Because losing to Man City and Leicester in our first two Prem ever matches meant we were 16th or below for 4 of those first 5 matches. I'd say many lessons were quickly learned in those 5 matches, and thereafter we can begin to be judged on whether we've grasped the ups and downs of the Prem.

Only dropping below 15th on briefly on 3 separate occasions - and one of those was on opening day this season vs Watford - shows we've consistently been in that third quartile.

Plus back in the day the table would even be published until September!
With relegation lines not added until Easter.

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch

Thanks. Makes sense now.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Plus back in the day the table would even be published until September!
With relegation lines not added until Easter.

And some old codger came around during a weekday evening to collect your pools coupon.

You also had to tolerate wresting for an hour before final score too

Thems were the days eh?

I can remember when I lived in Spain I had to wait until Monday to even find out the scores when the Sunday papers eventually arrived. Unbelievable to most fans under about 50 no doubt

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
And some old codger came around during a weekday evening to collect your pools coupon.

You also had to tolerate wresting for an hour before final score to

Thems were the days eh?

I can remember when I lived in Spain I had to wait until Monday to even find out the scores when the Sunday papers eventually arrived. Unbelievable to most fans under about 50 no doubt

Winning £1,000,000 was generational wealth, now I wouldn't even enter the competition. :lolol:

el punal

Another post highlighting just how ***** our fans are getting because we're not doing a Leicester.

There is nothing to moan about here. **** off.

Well said. I just wonder about the attitude of some of our fans. If we’re not playing perfect, flowing and adventurous football then it’s a f***ing disaster. God help us all if we’re not playing in a European competition in the next couple of years. :shrug:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Jahanbakhsh learnt something in the FA Cup game, if your opponent sticks his head on yours you go down like a sack of shit otherwise you get nothing.

So yes, we are still learning about this division (and the cup).

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

How many occasions (or weeks) has the team been in the relegation zone in those 69 games?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
what has been said on numerous forums ......he aint on the pitch , he's not the one belting the ball into touch or genrally holding on for too long , he's not the one continuously turning attacking positions into risky back passes to matty so he can smash them into touch ......i think he needs to say tomorrow , ok you bunch of soppy ***** i don't give a flying **** about next weekend but we need at least 4 points from buff and taffy and if you let taffy beat you i am going to make you do a naked bus top tour through town .

next february

Well said. If we do what I have already predicted, tomorrow, (win the second half 1-0 in a plucky display with Andone on fire, after sitting back in the first half, pumping long balls to Muzza, and conceding two well worked goals) I will likely as not have one of my rare but explosive outbursts. :rant:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
The day the team/club stops learning is the day we can all give up on them. Let's hope it never happens.

Indeed. I've been in my present job about 12 years, and in the same field of work over 25 years, and I'm still learning new things.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Well said. If we do what I have already predicted, tomorrow, (win the second half 1-0 in a plucky display with Andone on fire, after sitting back in the first half, pumping long balls to Muzza, and conceding two well worked goals) I will likely as not have one of my rare but explosive outbursts. :rant:

well harold ....i'm not sure about the younger viewers but i am pretty sick of watching us attempting to snog miss piggy when i know for sure we are more than capable of ripping penelope pitstop an entirely new rear orifice....:smile:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here