Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
A perfectly reasonable and fair assessment by Herr Roth on the English, Tory toff, Brexit backing idiocy that now infests this international joke of a country.

European exasperation over the chaos in Brexit talks descended into profanity and name-calling, as Germany’s deputy foreign minister said the U.K. government consists mostly of clueless boarding-school graduates.

“Brexit is a big shitshow, I say that now very undiplomatically,” Michael Roth said at an event of his Social Democratic Party in Berlin on Saturday. He accused “90 percent” of the British cabinet of having “no idea how workers think, live, work and behave” and said it would not be those U.K. politicians “born with silver spoons in their mouths, who went to private schools and elite universities” that will suffer the consequences of the mess.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...nto-name-calling-as-germany-derides-u-k-elite

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
45 signatures a minute when I looked. For comparison, the revoke petition was getting between 1500-2000 in its first few days.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Petitions are not worth the paper they are written on. Complete waste of time. As are marches ( unless you need the exercise ) So are opinion polls ( PEOPLE DON'T TELL THE TRUTH!!! ) So are referendums ( not acted upon ) So is worrying about something you cannot do anything about.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Petitions are not worth the paper they are written on. Complete waste of time. As are marches ( unless you need the exercise ) So are opinion polls ( PEOPLE DON'T TELL THE TRUTH!!! ) So are referendums ( not acted upon ) So is worrying about something you cannot do anything about.

Pointless worrying is indeed pointless. But don't confuse with trying to contribute, playing a part, however small. I've voted in every general election since I was 20, for one mainstream party or another. And never once, in any small way, has my vote had the remotest effect. I'll keep buggering on though, picking up bits of litter and going on marches for things I think are worthwhile.

Such as football stadiums for example.

Last edited:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I know I know before you all start this is just to balance it out as it was posted about the revoke vote this is so anyone interested gets the information they may or may not wish to have

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/248281

I believe there are other Brexit related petitions available if you search for them.
I have reported this post - not because there is anything wrong with the post, but it has been wrongly moved by the mods. It gives a valid link to a valid government petition, which is of interest to many (albeit a minority) on NSC.

However, it is known that there is a very strong remain bias on NSC, presumably amongst the mods too (or at least one of them) and this is clearly an attempt to hide it away in a huge thread - clearly bias for remain. It should be restored to it's original position in its own thread - NSC is fine to have political discussion - but political bias from the mods is unacceptable.

Mods, please sort.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
I have reported this post - not because there is anything wrong with the post, but it has been wrongly moved by the mods. It gives a valid link to a valid government petition, which is of interest to many (albeit a minority) on NSC.

However, it is known that there is a very strong remain bias on NSC, presumably amongst the mods too (or at least one of them) and this is clearly an attempt to hide it away in a huge thread - clearly bias for remain. It should be restored to it's original position in its own thread - NSC is fine to have political discussion - but political bias from the mods is unacceptable.

Mods, please sort.

I can't recall anyone complaining about petitions not having their own threads before but in principle I agree with you.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Mods, please sort.

To be fair, there is quite a strong "anti-innocent people dying" bias on NSC, a likely outcome of No Deal Brexit. To call that being "politically biased" is ****ing disgusting.

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
NSC is fine to have political discussion - but political bias from the mods is unacceptable.

Mods, please sort.

Genuinely interested why you think this should be the case. NSC is not the BBC or the civil service, but a privately-run internet forum. I see no earthly reason why those who administer the forum shouldn't express their political views, and run the forum in a way that favours their views (if that's in fact what they are doing, which I doubt). Indeed, if you're correct in arguing that there's a "very strong remain bias" among NSC members, then if they were acting in this way, the mods would presumably be acting in line with the majority views of NSC members, which doesn't sound unreasonable.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-47772782

UK factories stockpiled goods for Brexit at an unexpectedly high rate last month, boosting manufacturing growth to a 13-month high, according to a closely watched survey.

But hey, loads of people who don't work in the sector claim this is all "scaremongering" and "Project Fear"...

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

Mods, please sort.

Would be quite good to have this petition highlighted. In a like for like format, it shows the very low support for No Deal in comparison with Revoke.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here