Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Has Oscar Offered his Resignation?

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
If he has, it should be accepted.

Too much boring football under Oscar. Unwilling to play attacking football as proven by our lack of goals. Stupid selection decisions e.g Lingard yesterday when March would have been a MUCH better decision; JFC on Sunday when Ince should have played.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Why have people given the OP thumbs down? He was right?

I suspect most the thumbs down were before the news actually broke. I for one appologise to [MENTION=19869]TopCat[/MENTION] for my post doubting his post.

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
To save people looking for it...

The second paragraph certainly ties in with the rumours as to why the Grabban deal feel through.

OK, I know I'm going to get flamed for this, but I'll push on anyway.

Since the Jan transfer window a fair number of people have commented on what the reason(s) may be that Grabban didn't sign for us, with the single largest body of thought being that he never really intended to come to us; it was all a ploy to get 'Muff to offer a better contract.

I have now heard a rumour from two different sources (one a long standing fan in early Feb [meh, I know], and one employed by the club who is in a position to possibly know the truth in the last couple of days) that it was all set to go forward until Oscar declined to meet Grabban as a final step in the process, saying something like "I don't need to meet him; he's met all the people who need to meet him"; at which point Grabban is alleged to have declined to sign. Note: I didn't get the impression that OG was saying that he didn't want him, or that he wasn't involved; just that he had no need to meet him until he turned up for training.

I have a couple of questions:

1) Has anyone else heard this?
2) Does anyone believe it can possibly be true?

Personally, I can't believe that Oscar would have declined to meet a close-to-signature signing, but I throw it out there to see if anyone else has heard the same thing...

*ducks*

http://www.northstandchat.com/showt...or-us-Oscar-responsible&p=6313944#post6313944

It does, doesn't it? It doesn't make what I posted definitely true, but it does provide some further circumstantial evidence for it...

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
No not at all, it was common knowledge that Gus did not rate Murray and let him go pre FFP. Last season at least Poyet got Ulloa in January, this season Oscar got sweet fa.

To be fair to Gus too, how many of the players he sold are regulars in their 'once Premiership' teams? That was good business. We're obviously not looking to pay huge money in wages or transfers, hence the investment in development, and injuries played their part this season too.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
A player says: "He told the players he was leaving. The club have a replacement lined up if they cannot change his mind."

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
A player says: "He told the players he was leaving. The club have a replacement lined up if they cannot change his mind."

Is there a written source for this, or is ir something that someone (the player himself??) has said to you? I'm not dissing what you've posted - just seeking clarification.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
There clearly is a problem, however is it because the club actually want him to be more active in regards to recruitment and he isn't interested rather than the assumed he wants something and the club aren't willing to back him.
It doesn't make sense for him to leave because he wants less involvement with player acquisition, because most clubs would want him to be more involved. Unless he can find more of the coach role abroad, which would make me wonder why he came to England in the first place.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Encouraging ( depending on who the replacement is if Oscar goes ).

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Not wanting to get involved in the transfer process does not mean he cannot be unhappy with the transfers that have happened.
He was expecting more from both windows and is perhaps not confident that things will improve this summer?

It does a little bit though. Surely you'd try and get a little bit more involved before you quit. If this is the case, i find it odd that a manager could say that our recruitment was bad enough that they would quit but wouldn't want any more involvement.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland

Interesting, at least insofar as the fact that they have (if this quote is to be believed) a replacement already lined-up.

Perhaps, in fact, Oscar is merely jumping before he was to be pushed - otherwise why would there even be the concept of a lined-up replacement?

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
It doesn't make sense for him to leave because he wants less involvement with player acquisition, because most clubs would want him to be more involved. Unless he can find more of the coach role abroad, which would make me wonder why he came to England in the first place.

True

I'm only going on what I've been told, he doesn't seem to want much say in player recruitment. Maybe he assumed a head coach role in the UK was going to be the same as in Europe and in this case with the Albion maybe it isn't.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Why have people given the OP thumbs down? He was right?

It was largely reactionary - especially after last season people didn't want someone coming in with what sounded like BS...unfortunately it appears to be correct.

My apologies go to the OP for doubting him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here