Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] British IS Girl wanting to return to the UK

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
I pointed this out yesterday about it being on the other foot, silence from the zealots on this board. Not good at a time when we're increasingly friendless in the world and need to built bridges with all these fast growing markets...

I see it now! So it’s not for any moral reason you want her to be allowed back, it’s because you’re worried about the bottom line of UK Plc. Fair play then and I’m in total agreement with you, I’d only be concerned if we had an anti-Semitic problem in the UK, which clearly we don’t, so let’s allow in any Jew hating zealot as long as we can then trade with their country.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
I believe something like 400 people who have fought for IS have been allowed back into the country. Why are we getting our knickers in a twist about a 19 year old girl? Is she the new Joan of Arc?

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
I believe something like 400 people who have fought for IS have been allowed back into the country. Why are we getting our knickers in a twist about a 19 year old girl? Is she the new Joan of Arc?

I am certain that any allowed back in would be security cleared to the nth degree if indeed they were - 400 defies belief !

Totally unrepentant etc etc etc ad infinitum !

She would pose a risk to the UK's security, would we allow in her Dutch husband also of IS ?

She herself would be a nightmare for her personal security - not that I would care for even as much as a nanosecond, I could imagine a fair few who would may well wish to extinguish her cockyness - Surprised not to be welcomed back with open arms ! FFS The UK would have to secure her for a number of years at enormous expense to the economy, hang on, create a new identity for her whilst she contemplates her potentially terrorist agenda with her Dutch husband - perhaps he could arrange for both to be welcomed in Holland - I don't think so !

But of course I am overreacting !

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011

MSM and her lawyers made her highly visible. Her interviews didn't help either.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex

That report estimated that 425 had returned not let back in, and it was just an estimate on their part. No one knows for certain how many have returned and disappeared away from the security services eye and the security services are quite coy about the past history of people they are actually tracking.

This one is a very public one who has shown no remorse, the fact she is female is neither here nor there. Some of the Islamic State women have been incredibly brutal as well as the men.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
That report estimated that 425 had returned not let back in, and it was just an estimate on their part. No one knows for certain how many have returned and disappeared away from the security services eye and the security services are quite coy about the past history of people they are actually tracking.

This one is a very public one who has shown no remorse, the fact she is female is neither here nor there. Some of the Islamic State women have been incredibly brutal as well as the men.

She is in a camp in Syria I believe? Do you expect her to slag off IS in her position?
Let me be clear, I am not defending her actions. I just find it absurd that she is vilified when people who have fought for IS seem free to return and no one says a word. Is it because she is female? Maybe it’s her colour? Just asking.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
She is in a camp in Syria I believe? Do you expect her to slag off IS in her position?
Let me be clear, I am not defending her actions. I just find it absurd that she is vilified when people who have fought for IS seem free to return and no one says a word. Is it because she is female? Maybe it’s her colour? Just asking.

Your mistake is thinking they seem "free" to return. They are not. Some will have slipped through the net and returned without being noticed. Some will be back and being tracked, some will be back and been through due process. We the public are not privy to what the security services are doing.
If you place yourself on the Islamic State pedestal you are going to get noticed, if you are noticed you are not free to return without consequences. Her being villified is nothing to do with her colour or being a female, it is because of the vulgar group she went and joined and because now that it is all going tits up for the Islamic State she wants to come home after showing zero remorse for her decision to join it.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth

Of course you are right. Only 40 have been prosecuted, others have just walked back in.
These people actually killed people and chopped heads off.
If this situation had not occurred nobody would have said anything.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
Your mistake is thinking they seem "free" to return. They are not. Some will have slipped through the net and returned without being noticed. Some will be back and being tracked, some will be back and been through due process. We the public are not privy to what the security services are doing.
If you place yourself on the Islamic State pedestal you are going to get noticed, if you are noticed you are not free to return without consequences. Her being villified is nothing to do with her colour or being a female, it is because of the vulgar group she went and joined and because now that it is all going tits up for the Islamic State she wants to come home after showing zero remorse for her decision to join it.

Placed herself on the IS pedestal? She was 15 years old when she left.
She is a British Citizen and should be brought back to face the consequences of her actions.
I can’t help thinking she has become some sort of symbol for the far right of our society who rejoice in her being deprived of her nationality. That is what I find sickening and she is being used by the Home Secretary to further his ambitions in the Tory party to become it’s leader.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Placed herself on the IS pedestal? She was 15 years old when she left.
She is a British Citizen and should be brought back to face the consequences of her actions.
I can’t help thinking she has become some sort of symbol for the far right of our society who rejoice in her being deprived of her nationality. That is what I find sickening and she is being used by the Home Secretary to further his ambitions in the Tory party to become it’s leader.

And she was 19 when she decided she wanted to come home and be forgiven.She has made this decision now because the group she joined is on its last legs and the Caliphate she said was wonderful is close to the end. She has had to flee to a camp as the last enclaves of Islamic State are being ripped from her.
If the Caliphate was still in full swing she wouldnt be wanting to come home, she would no doubt be praising Jihad and how western infidels should be massacred.........zero sympathy for her now her evil jihadi world has collapsed around her.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
And she was 19 when she decided she wanted to come home and be forgiven.She has made this decision now because the group she joined is on its last legs and the Caliphate she said was wonderful is close to the end. She has had to flee to a camp as the last enclaves of Islamic State are being ripped from her.
If the Caliphate was still in full swing she wouldnt be wanting to come home, she would no doubt be praising Jihad and how western infidels should be massacred.........zero sympathy for her now her evil jihadi world has collapsed around her.

That is an awful lot of suppositions there. Do you know this girl? Do you have any contact with her or her family? How do you know so much about how she feels or wants?
I repeat that I am not defending her actions but am disgusted that a British citizen is not being assisted by my Government.
Of course she wants to come home. This is her home. When it all falls apart you naturally feel the urge to go home. What is unnatural about that?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
That is an awful lot of suppositions there. Do you know this girl? Do you have any contact with her or her family? How do you know so much about how she feels or wants?
I repeat that I am not defending her actions but am disgusted that a British citizen is not being assisted by my Government.
Of course she wants to come home. This is her home. When it all falls apart you naturally feel the urge to go home. What is unnatural about that?

It’s a shame she managed to escape and flee whatever hovel she was in and managed to get to a camp in the first place. Would have been far better if she had been exterminated with an air-strike or snipers bullet along with every other c###y member of that vile group.
There are no innocents if you went out to Syria or Iraq to be a part of the Islamic State. They are all equally guilty whether you were throwing a gay person off a roof, beheading someone, setting someone on fire or banging out a baby to be a future fighter.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

What is unnatural is that she joined, and clearly still fully supports, a regime and ideology that wants the likes of you and me - westerners - wiped off the face of the planet. Permanently. But because the ISIS regime she wilfully immersed herself in doesn't offer decent healthcare, she wants to slope back over here to take full advantage of it for herself and her offspring.

Sorry. She made her choice, and has burned her bridges. She can rot in Syria.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
It’s a shame she managed to escape and flee whatever hovel she was in and managed to get to a camp in the first place. Would have been far better if she had been exterminated with an air-strike or snipers bullet along with every other c###y member of that vile group.
There are no innocents if you went out to Syria or Iraq to be a part of the Islamic State. They are all equally guilty whether you were throwing a gay person off a roof, beheading someone, setting someone on fire or banging out a baby to be a future fighter.

OMG am i being whooshed? Fair play mate I always had you down as a sound poster. fell for that one hook line and sinker.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
What is unnatural is that she joined, and clearly still fully supports, a regime and ideology that wants the likes of you and me - westerners - wiped off the face of the planet. Permanently. But because the ISIS regime she wilfully immersed herself in doesn't offer decent healthcare, she wants to slope back over here to take full advantage of it for herself and her offspring.

Sorry. She made her choice, and has burned her bridges. She can rot in Syria.

See above.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
OMG am i being whooshed? Fair play mate I always had you down as a sound poster. fell for that one hook line and sinker.

It is sound reasoning. Far better we don’t have to deal with them returning, take that option off the table. Members of the Islamic State deserve the same chances the Islamic State gave to the victims of their vile regime that they raped, tortured and murdered…….ZERO.
There is a special place in hell for all members of the Islamic State…….let them rot in it.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
It is sound reasoning. Far better we don’t have to deal with them returning, take that option off the table. Members of the Islamic State deserve the same chances the Islamic State gave to the victims of their vile regime that they raped, tortured and murdered…….ZERO.
There is a special place in hell for all members of the Islamic State…….let them rot in it.

Oh OK. We come down hard on a young POC for what she did at 15.
Should we not find out what she actually did while she was in Syria? Is this British Justice? Should we condemn her for the interview in the Times?
The filming of her reading the letter depriving her of her nationality was worthy of the Times sister paper the Sun.
Are you not disgusted by the treatment of this person? Why is she being demonised?
As for the Home Secretary removing her nationality, has a more blatant act been more political?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I heard on the radio that she has called her baby an Islamic name (that I can’t recall) which translates to something like “ act with violence” or “ kill with violence” or similar.

For that reason alone it’s probably best she stay away. It’s pretty obvious she only wants to come home now that ISIS have had their arse kicked. As a compromise we should take the baby in and give it a chance but her? Get to ****.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here