Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I don't imagine trying to appeal to the homophobic, xenophobic racists with this ad worked.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Why? If they voted for it despite the warnings they have no sympathy from me.

Do you think they voted for no deal? Or were they fed information by certain Conservative Brexiters that the fallout wouldn't be too bad?

Do you think a sheep farmer would vote to cut off their main market?

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patreon
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Do you think they voted for no deal? Or were they fed information by certain Conservative Brexiters that the fallout wouldn't be too bad?

Do you think a sheep farmer would vote to cut off their main market?

The warnings were clear enough but leavers liked to call it project fear. Leavers have ****ed it up for everyone so don’t expect any sympathy from me.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
The warnings were clear enough but leavers liked to call it project fear. Leavers have ****ed it up for everyone so don’t expect any sympathy from me.

I see where you are coming from, but they are conned like so many others.

Its easy to lash out and and say they got what they deserved but if British farming goes to sh1t it will change our countryside forever.

Priority must be stop no deal for the sake of us all bar a few disaster capitalists.

Personally, I'm lobbying everyone I know to write to their MP and get no deal off the table. Its completely unacceptable and almost no one voted for it

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Last edited:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
So leave voters are now the victims?

I'd go further than this. If you are a farmer in this country, you probably have more reason than anyone to want us to get out of the EU. The CAP is an absolute disgrace, solely in place to prop-up inefficient French and Italian farmers, and I very much doubt farmers could have imagined just how incompetently the Brexit process has been managed by this government. So if we leave without a deal, I would say YES, they are indeed a victim as much as anyone else. The only people I have no sympathy for are the ones saying "No deal, no problem". That is horseshit.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I'll try one last time.

Because we don't have any agreed schedules, and will not have in 38 days we will use the WTO 'default tariffs'. There is only one default tariff, because there are no quotas and, therefor, no method of controlling volumes. The UK still has some control. By product, we can decide to charge the default tariff or not charge the default tariff. And whatever we decide applies to all WTO members under the Most-favoured-nation (MFN) rules.

You can keep wittering on with whataboutisms for ever more, but these are the simple facts.

Try and stick to the question at hand.
You have accepted we set our own tariff rate ceiling commitment (bound rate) as part of our schedule and have accepted too we set our own applied rates which are not part of our schedule and which can be lower than the bound (ceiling) rate, even though you initially laughed at the notion of countries setting their own tariff rates.
Knowing now that you have already accepted that it is countries themselves (or trading blocs) that set their own import rates (both bound and applied) and knowing that it isnt the WTO that sets bound and applied import rates and imposes them onto nations, as you recognise we can change the tariff rate on all products anyway.
Which rate are you referring to as the “WTO default” one, the bound rate or the applied rate?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I don't imagine trying to appeal to the homophobic, xenophobic racists with this ad worked.

Maybe it did work. I doubt anyone has ever surveyed the homophobic xenophic racist community to see if they voted remain or leave on june 23rd. Your guess at how many of them voted remain after seeing that pre referendum ad is as good as anyone elses.
ps. grow up

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Anyone know what partriotic politics is?

I am saddened by this decision – these are people who have given dedicated service to our party over many years, and I thank them for it.

Of course, the UK’s membership of the EU has been a source of disagreement both in our party and our country for a long time. Ending that membership after four decades was never going to be easy.

But by delivering on our manifesto commitment and implementing the decision of the British people we are doing the right thing for our country. And in doing so, we can move forward together towards a brighter future.

I am determined that under my leadership the Conservative Party will always offer the decent, moderate and patriotic politics that the people of this country deserve.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Maybe it did work. I doubt anyone has ever surveyed the homophobic xenophic racist community to see if they voted remain or leave on june 23rd. Your guess at how many of them voted remain after seeing that pre referendum ad is as good as anyone elses.
ps. grow up

Just remember no all leavers were racist, but all racists were leavers (assuming they voted)

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here