Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Player ratings Vs West Brom (H)

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I missed the first 25 minutes. Bissouma must have been sensational in that period because he was mediocre in the 65 minutes I watched. Gave the ball away/lost the ball quite a few times, was out of position quite a few times and has a tendency to foul blatantly when he gets the wrong side of his man.

He is a player with great potential but is very raw at the moment. I can understand why Hughton has been reluctant to start him but he's only going to improve with game time. I imagine once we are safe he'll get a lot more playing time and by this time next year will hopefully be the player that some people think he is already.

As for the rest of the team: at least we kept a clean sheet...

After about twenty minutes I turned to my mate and said that if Bissouma kept up his level of performance for 90 minutes it might be one of the greatest Albion performances of the Amex era. He was sensational. Absolutely everywhere

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
After about twenty minutes I turned to my mate and said that if Bissouma kept up his level of performance for 90 minutes it might be one of the greatest Albion performances of the Amex era. He was sensational. Absolutely everywhere

He has also just come back from injury so perhaps his game time fitness is not yet at 90 minutes. Exciting prospect, he was awesome against Palace.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Because lots going on round penalty areas enjoyed the game. All 7 apart from Locardia 2 Brainless Apart from passing ball inside does nothing when receiving ball out wide. Is a stocky chap yet when in one to one made no effort to drive into box. Never tried to lose marker before crossing and usually just hit him. Androne 2 His movement in trying to lose defender was nil. Spent all game just hoping ball would fall for him. Knockhaert 4 Marked up a little because at least he always wanted ball. I am no fan of March and have been calling for Knockhaert but not on this performance.
We didnt win because of very poor performances from our front players. I do wonder where our goals are going to come from

This post is a wind-up right? Rating Knockaert higher than Locadia :lol:

Oh sorry... Knockhaert higher than Locardia. :ffsparr:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Button 6. Nothing much to do but put at least three goal kicks straight out for throw ins.
Bruno 7. Got forward looked solid, a few loose passes.
Burn 8. Proper defender, good debut.
Duffy 7.
Montoya 7. Did well in an unfamiliar position, got forward when he could.
Knockaert 5. Huffed and puffed, tried but didn’t create anything. Frustrating.
Stephens 7. Did the dirty stuff well, unlucky with his long range effort.
Bissouma 7. Good tackles, good skills, looks like he enjoys playing football. Tired late on.
Kayal 6. Hard worker, but we needed a midfielder who could create a chance.
Locadia 5. Poor game, shame really as he’s looked decent recently. Lots of moves broke down when he got the ball.
Andone 6. Effort but little decent service. Not a good game for our forward players.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo

Just my luck! Nothing I saw in the last 65 minutes(from any player from either team) was anything other than mediocre. I stayed up until 2.a.m for that. If I'd known the best bit would have been the first 20 minutes I wouldn't have bothered rushing home.

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
I’d have Knockeart up against the changing room wall tonight. I’ve never seen an individual so intent on ruining team morale and spirit.

Moaned at everyone, continuous poor decision making and looked like he played for himself.

He must have argued with the majority of team mates today. I just wish Duffy would have stuck a nut on the little prick.

Totally agree with this - his performance was solely intent trying to make himself the star of the show and was so greedy. I sat in ESU up the South end and there was an incident in the first half where he tried to take on a defender in the box and blatantly threw himself to the ground trying to con a penalty out of the ref. I instinctively shouted ‘get up you cheat’ as if an opponent had done that - I was incensed with him. Too many more performances like this one and he’s quickly going to lose the support and goodwill of many fans

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Absolute disgrace some of the comments on this thread about Knockeart. He only tried to do what he had done very successfully for 2 years against Championship sides to great acclaim on here. OK so things didn't come off for him yesterday. There's still no need for this sort of abuse. People have short memories of a guy who helped drag the club to where it is today.

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
Absolute disgrace some of the comments on this thread about Knockeart. He only tried to do what he had done very successfully for 2 years against Championship sides to great acclaim on here. OK so things didn't come off for him yesterday. There's still no need for this sort of abuse. People have short memories of a guy who helped drag the club to where it is today.

You are right. He had a poor game yesterday and deserves criticism for it. But some of the personal insults are a bit strong. The guy played a huge part in our promotion.

Shows how fickle some of our fans are. Solly gets similar treatment which amazes me. I can only assume a lot of those dishing out the abuse to our own players weren’t around for the grim days - because we really did have some players who deserved it.

The only Amex era player who has truly deserved abuse in the stands and online is Leon Best.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I missed the first 25 minutes. Bissouma must have been sensational in that period because he was mediocre in the 65 minutes I watched. Gave the ball away/lost the ball quite a few times, was out of position quite a few times and has a tendency to foul blatantly when he gets the wrong side of his man.

He is a player with great potential but is very raw at the moment. I can understand why Hughton has been reluctant to start him but he's only going to improve with game time. I imagine once we are safe he'll get a lot more playing time and by this time next year will hopefully be the player that some people think he is already.

As for the rest of the team: at least we kept a clean sheet...

It was in the first 25 minutes or so that Bissouma was sensational, and of a completely different standard to every other player on the pitch

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Button - 6

Bruno - 6
Montoya - 6
Duffy - 6
Burn - 8 MOM

Stephens - 6

Kayal - 6
Bissouma - 7
Knockeart - 6
Locadia - 5

Andone - 5

Subs:
Pröpper - 7
Gyökeres - 7
Murray - 6

Pretty average performance from most of the players, I’ve awarded Burn a bonus point for playing well on his debut.

I didn’t think Knockeart was that bad, a few stray passes but he played better than Locadia and Andone.

It was one of those matches that we were never going to score in. You just have to accept them.

I’m hoping Izzy and Ali J will revitalise things very soon.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
You are right. He had a poor game yesterday and deserves criticism for it. But some of the personal insults are a bit strong. The guy played a huge part in our promotion.

Shows how fickle some of our fans are. Solly gets similar treatment which amazes me. I can only assume a lot of those dishing out the abuse to our own players weren’t around for the grim days - because we really did have some players who deserved it.

The only Amex era player who has truly deserved abuse in the stands and online is Leon Best.

A poor game I can accept. But when he played purely for himself and had a shit attitude, diving about and generally getting on the backs of all our players then he deserves criticism of the highest order.

The fact he has the talent makes it even worse. It was horrible to watch yesterday and yes I have seen Denni Mundee and a whole host of other shit players but yesterday was as bad as I can remember attitude wise from a Brighton player. I’ve seen players not try but to blatantly blame team mates for your own poor decision making is low.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
A poor game I can accept. But when he played purely for himself and had a shit attitude, diving about and generally getting on the backs of all our players then he deserves criticism of the highest order.

The fact he has the talent makes it even worse. It was horrible to watch yesterday and yes I have seen Denni Mundee and a whole host of other shit players but yesterday was as bad as I can remember attitude wise from a Brighton player. I’ve seen players not try but to blatantly blame team mates for your own poor decision making is low.

He did all that in the two seasons leading up to Promotion. And he had some worse games than he did yesterday. The only difference being, [B]the poor performances were sprinkled in between some ''magical performances'' where he was dancing past 3 and 4 players at a time.

The abuse is unwarranted. The lad will have good games again

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
He did all that in the two seasons leading up to Promotion. And he had some worse games than he did yesterday. The only difference being, [B]the poor performances were sprinkled in between some ''magical performances'' where he was dancing past 3 and 4 players at a time.

The abuse is unwarranted. The lad will have good games again

Fair enough. I disagree but more than happy to support the player in the future. I’d never give a player stick before or during a game. I’ve been close a few times though.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think that the major problem with Locadia is that he tries moves and passes that his team mates do not read so it looks like a bad pass as it goes to nobody, but where he intended it to go.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
I thought CH set the team up strong, we should have done better. However he got his subs completely wrong yesterday IMO.
Propper for Stephens on 65 mins was clearly pre-planned but a total waste of a sub.
The game was crying out for Gross, West Brom were doing to us what we’ve been doing to 50% of the EPL for the last 18 months, we needed guile. Bissouma was outstanding for 45 mins then blowing out his backside, Gross was the obvious swap.
How Knockaert completed the 90 is beyond me, perhaps CH was concerned at the potential hissy fit had he subbed him.

Lurker

56 years and counting ...
Mar 8, 2010
West Midlands
The player ratings thread is always like this.
It's so frustrating, it's one of the reasons I rarely post on it.

My interpretation of the thread is to mark the players on how they performed IN THAT PARTICULAR MATCH.
Far too many posters mark on the basis of who their current hate/love player is, or how a player has performed 'recently' ... or 'season so far', and their scores rarely reflect how they played in the actual game they are supposedly being marked for.
It makes the purpose of the thread pointless if you can't remove all traces of bias from your thinking, be it positive or negative bias.

Knocky is the perfect case in point.
He did NOT have a good game yesterday, but he certainly wasn't woeful, and he looked more likely to cause WBA damage than Locadia and Andone added together.
Yes, his decision making was shit ... it always has been, but at least he tried to make something happen whenever he could.

Compare and contrast to Beram Kayal who I think has got away extremely lightly in this thread.
He didn't try and didn't make anything happen at all.
He was totally anonymous apart from a couple of driving runs in the 1st half that came to nothing because he didn't produce a pass at the end of them.
Some positions on the pitch you can get away with being anonymous, midfield is not one of them.
If Beram cannot raise his game and dominate the pitch when playing against a team of reserves and youth players, then I'm afraid he's not going to be of any value in the Premier League and maybe we should try and cash in on his value while we still can.

I also don't understand the bad vibes towards Bissouma.
He didn't finish the game as well as he started it, but he did enough over the 90 minutes to show he's got something about him, and as with Knocky, at least he TRIED to make a difference, TRIED to make something happen, it just didn't come off for him.

Locadia and Kayal on the other hand tried nothing different whatsoever, they just played it safe and kept out of the game as much as they could, but probably justified their performances by claiming "at least we didn't make any big mistakes".

Rant over.

To end on a positive note .... I thought Dan Burn surpassed my wildest expectations, I do not recall a single error from him, and he fully deserved MOM, although I still want Dunk/Duffy as my partnership for the rest of the season please.
Also, quick shout for Davy Propper. He wasn't on long, but I don't recall a single error from him either, he looked class.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
I agree with your point about locadia, I'm also surprised nobody has mentioned that he should've been sent off, when he had a tantrum for getting tackled and he retaliated badly. Also looks to me he can't run that fast, funny though because I really like him usually. But he didn't look interested at times

Whilst I would agree with all the comments about how poor the front 3 were, I will say one thing in Knocky's favour. There were several times in the first half, when Bruno had the ball, knocky started to run, assuming a pass would come down the line, or over the covering full back, but on every occasion, Bruno elected to slow everything down, with either a side or back pass. Quite understandably, K was frustrated at this, as he thought that he would have good chance to charge on goal.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Whilst I would agree with all the comments about how poor the front 3 were, I will say one thing in Knocky's favour. There were several times in the first half, when Bruno had the ball, knocky started to run, assuming a pass would come down the line, or over the covering full back, but on every occasion, Bruno elected to slow everything down, with either a side or back pass. Quite understandably, K was frustrated at this, as he thought that he would have good chance to charge on goal.

Knocky runs were not good enough, he did not clear his man, so the pass would have been intercepted. Good decision making by Bruno on three occasions when they could have had a counter.

sharpey38

Aug 4, 2011
Denton
6 as satisfactory

Button 6 Only 1 shot of worth to save which he did well with
Bruno 6 Solid defensivley
Duffy 7 Solid but not pushed unduly
Burn 8 MOM put his foot and head in when it mattered.
Montoya 6 Didnt look comfortable on the left but defended well
Knockaert 4 Must accept the game is not all about him
Stephens 6 Uusual reliable performance
Kayal 5 Ran around doing nothing.
Bissouma 6 Some good moments driving forward but alo many mistakes but he will learn
Locadia 6 Got in some good positions but seems 1 move ahead of the rest of the team with his thinking.
AQndone 4 Very poor performance should have hjad 2 goals 1st half. but didnt look as if he would score or do anything of note.

Propper 6 Took over from Stephens and carried on the good work.
Gyokeres 6 Did on but nio cghance to shine
Murray n/a shoul,d have been on 10mins earlier.

Pretty much my thoughts, Andone really did have a bad one today. Anything that felt remotely dangerous seemed to come from work which included Locadia in the move.

Knockaert had plenty of decent opportunities to create, but never did

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here