Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] *** Some Foreigners versus England *** Official match thread

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I think tonight may have ****ed up the trade deal with Montenegro that Liam Fox had almost got over the line.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
To think we could have fielded Rashford, Sancho and Foden up front too, all very encouraging.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Away from home in what is supposed to be a hostile environment, went 1-0 down and gave 2 young players their first start. I think the fact we are 4-1 up is brilliant and shows how far we have come and the amazing work Southgate has done.

It was never going to be hostile. It’s like Withdean and they didn’t even sell it out. No tonight’s game was all about improving people’s geography and nothing more.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Love the camp way the ref gives out the yellow cards

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
England winning a qualifier 5-1, and all I read are moans that half the team aren't good enough.

You don’t do the ironing sorry get irony do you?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I've watched a lot of mediocre England performances over my 50 years and this team looks as dangerous as any I can remember. Yes, it was only Montenegro but historically we don't bag 10 goals in 2 matches very often.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
First time we have won at their "Withdean"

Give us a chance, they only became a country after last years Eurovision. Really they should be part of Greece or twinned with that other noddy state called Scotland. I don’t think we should have to play these ‘countries’, waste of everyone’s time and fossil fuels.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
With Alli, I just think he’s living off that first season at Spurs still. He does have an instinct to arrive late into the box which is good and hard to teach, but if he’s not scoring I’m not sure what he really contributes. He’s very lightweight and certainly can’t boss a game. And even his scoring record is not that good recently, it’s something like 15 goals in his last 65 games. Not bad, but not amazing for someone who plays as the second most advanced player for a top four team.

With Eriksen and Kane feeding him chances on a sixpence.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here