Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Wembley bag policy is strict - make sure you know it!

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I highly recommend acquainting yourselves with the Wembley bag policy.

It's ultra-strict these days. If your bag is over-sized, stewards will stop you before you even get to the turnstiles.

On Friday, I saw a dad arguing that he "always brings this bag", but that's not going to cut it. He would have been sent to the lockers (£10 and, presumably, long queues).

The limit is a modest A4. Details here:

http://www.wembleystadium.com/news/...icted-bag-policy-101018&utm_campaign=oct_2018

Oh, and needless to say (I hope), don't buy PRINTED tickets from touts.

I saw fans get to the front of the queue and realise their bar codes have already been used. The touts could easily print off 100s of duplicates....

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2013
Downunder
And don’t wear flares. They’re banned too!

Prohibited Items
The following articles must not be brought within the Ground: knives, fireworks, smoke canisters, air-horns, flares, weapons, dangerous or hazardous items, laser devices, bottles, glass vessels, cans, poles and any article that might be used as a weapon and/or compromise public safety.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
So the idea would be to take a bag that folds down to less than the prohibited size ..stuff various items in your pockets and/or carry separately said items ..then shove them in the bag once in your seat :whistle;

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
My entire fleet of man-bags fail the Wembley test. I’m looking at other options.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
My bag of Charlie is compliant though.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
But what about flasks of tea I purchased my Albion flask the week before the ban so still waiting to use it

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Been going to football for fifty years. Have never ONCE felt the urge to take any kind of bag along. Probably a bit late to ask, but all these years have I been doing football WRONG?

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Bugger, I was hoping to bring this..:rolleyes:

101004_huge_drum_delhi.jpg

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Been going to football for fifty years. Have never ONCE felt the urge to take any kind of bag along. Probably a bit late to ask, but all these years have I been doing football WRONG?

Haven't taken kids to matches, then? Haven't gone straight from work (with, for example, a laptop)? Never stayed overnight after a match?

There are MANY reasons why you might need to take a bag to football.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
So the idea would be to take a bag that folds down to less than the prohibited size ..stuff various items in your pockets and/or carry separately said items ..then shove them in the bag once in your seat :whistle;

Well, let's just say, I'm hoping it's not to warm on the day....

Introducing the jacket that could spell the end for hand luggage.png

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Haven't taken kids to matches, then? Haven't gone straight from work (with, for example, a laptop)? Never stayed overnight after a match?

There are MANY reasons why you might need to take a bag to football.

Nope. Have done all of the above, but not a single one of the above that ever necessitated taking a bag to football.

I strongly suspect I'm not alone :shrug:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

If you travel any distance to a game you might have a few things to carry. I usually have my iPad, some papers I want/need to read, keys, wallet, phone, pen.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
If you travel any distance to a game you might have a few things to carry. I usually have my iPad, some papers I want/need to read, keys, wallet, phone, pen.

Fair enough HT, each to their own. But most of the stuff on your list could arguably be carried in something we call 'pockets' round these parts :moo:

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
What’s the policy like on golf umbrellas?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here